+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Cowboy Bebop movie (not Knocking on Heaven's Door)

Keanue Reeves as Spike.

Fox is producing.

DISCUSS. This could be epic or super fail, but I like Reeves since Constantine, so whatever.

I have no pictures or anything, so.. yeah. BUT IT'S OFFICIAL I SWEAR!

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I agree. This could be one of those rare anime/game to movie adaptions that might be bad ass. Or it could be complete fail to no ones surprise. Keanu Reeves seems like he could make a great Spike but I'm going to reserve my judgment until we see a trailer of some sorts.

And before the inevitable bitching commences about story-lines. It's almost guaranteed it won't canonically follow the anime. Why people expect as much from these type of movie adaptions is a mystery to me.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

the series was so popular, and after all the comic book movies that when done correctly were multi million dollar franchises, if they fuck this up that just makes them the stupidest people ever

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Super Fail.

Half of the fun of Cowboy Bebop was the amazing music. I just don't see Hollywood paying a band to recreate that feel for the show all over again.

Well we know Keanu has the martial arts experience from The Matrix. He also seems to have a lazy / laid back / don't give a fuck attitude like Spike does (giving Lucifer the middle finger in Constantine towards the end = fucking epic and Spike-worthy).

The Spike 'fro though.. I doubt they'll be accurate on that part. Will probably just give him more hair and make it messy, whatever. That's not a big deal. He's got the physical build for it too.

I bet this movie is going to show the transition from when Spike was in the Syndicate to where he ended up on the Bebop.

Edit: Yeah, the music.. Yoko Kanno is a big name, I'm sure they'll include her + The Seatbelts in this somehow for Real Folk Blues. Also, if they don't put Tank! in the movie somewhere a part of me will die.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

RL version is old as sin.
    CB sucked, and now it will just be worse. Simple.

How does Cowboy Bebop suck? Or rather, why didn't you like it?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Some people just can't resist peeing in the pool. If you don't like the show then don't post in the thread, "BRP."

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The movie was ok, I didnt like the series. I dont remember the exact reason as it came out in.. 1998. Not sure, I just had a strong dislike for it, but didnt mind the movie too much.

STAY THE FUCK OUT OF MY CHILDHOOD HOLLYWOOD.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro View Post
    Well we know Keanu has the martial arts experience from The Matrix. He also seems to have a lazy / laid back / don't give a fuck attitude like Spike does (giving Lucifer the middle finger in Constantine towards the end = fucking epic and Spike-worthy).

The Spike 'fro though.. I doubt they'll be accurate on that part. Will probably just give him more hair and make it messy, whatever. That's not a big deal. He's got the physical build for it too.

I bet this movie is going to show the transition from when Spike was in the Syndicate to where he ended up on the Bebop.

Edit: Yeah, the music.. Yoko Kanno is a big name, I'm sure they'll include her + The Seatbelts in this somehow for Real Folk Blues. Also, if they don't put Tank! in the movie somewhere a part of me will die.
    Yeah, Tank! has been used in some tv show or movie as a minor song that I can't quite think of right now, I'm sure itll be fine. Reaves is a decent enough choice, but the bottom line rests on the director and how much of a hardon he has for Bebop. Also, even if they dont get Yoko Kanno/Seatbelts, there is a really wide library of songs they could use/and I'm sure whatever composer they hire would at least look at the source material music to have something similiar. Biggest reason this will come apart will be Ein/Ed which don't really translate into live action as well.

Well depending on what kind of timeline this movie takes place in I doubt there will even be an Ein/Ed issue. Although I dunno who the fuck they could get to play Ed.. lol. That'd be fun to see though.

Jet? Vicious? Julia? Faye maybe? I dunno. Ein would most likely be completely CGI or something ridiculous like that.

"Now starring that red-head bitch from Harry Potter as Ed! Sorry pedos, no tits in this movie for you! Enjoy Faye's lack of a bra!"

(yeah I know she's 18 now, you're all still pedos though)

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

The rumors from mtv's website and what not were just rumors last I checked. Has this been confirmed, Kiro? I read about how Keaneu wanted to play Spike if they did it.

Either way, unless they have Spike say "...Woah." then it's going to be fail with Keaneu "I have no personality" Reeves playing Spike.

Also, I heard they were going to take the "Red Eye" story from the beginning of the series and expand on it. Don't quote me, but that's what I heard along with the rumors.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

<3'd CB and hope that this movie is actually good. Keanu also seems like a really good person to play Spike as previously said. Wonder how it'll be setup though. Like who would they pick to play Jet/Faye/Ed? Lol

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Fuck. Nevermind. It really was confirmed.

Live-Action Cowboy Bebop Proposal Officially Announced - Anime News Network

=[ Fucking fuck. Stop ruining my childhood, Hollywood. God.

I guess a positive is who they have involved from the original series. Maybe that will help a little?

Yeah right.

I wonder if there's some legal way to tell Hollywood to fuck off and stop ruining decent shows just for profit. I'm sure another stupid online petition wouldn't do much.

"CEASE AND DESIST HOLLYWOOD, YOU DUMBFUCKS ROAWR. Sign here."

Kinda cool their basing the movie off the "Red Eye" episode.

Hot big breasted spanish chick. HI THAR PENELOPE CRUZ OR CATHERINE ZETA GOLDDIGG- JONES. Who else is hot and spanish? (I don't even know if Catherine Zeta Jones is spanish, whatever.)

OH GOD JENNIFER LOPEZ LOL

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Hahhaa. Fuck that. Catherine Zita Jones though.... now that could work. It honestly could! She was in the Zoro movies, wasn't she? I can't remember. My memory fails, but if she were to be in this with that same accent, it'd be perfect. Now... WOULD she want to? I seriously doubt it, lol.

Also, I'd like to see what they could squeeze out of the red-eye storyline.

Considering they modeled Asimov Solensan after Antonio Banderas's Desperado character it would be pretty cool to see Antonio play that role.

Penelope Cruz would be pretty good as the big breasted spanish chick.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast