BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Blau Dolch NIN/WAR @ birds?

I remember reading through and seeing that Blau does pretty decent on NIN at birds camps, assuming you have good/awesome gear. Does anyone have parses, or can find Wopa's parses that he did while using blau?

Black Belt
    BG Level

I'd venture a guess that 25% damage boost on WS + 50% of the attack round would beat practically any other katana combination, not to mention that Blau is better DPS than all non relic katana.

But C ranking on a 1h weapon might be a bigger handicap than I imagined, though with crab sushi being a cheap throwaway food, I'd go with highly probable.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Blade: Jin @ Greater Colibri - Killing Ifrit

Click on the links I posted.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I did, does using madrigal on birds make the parse skewed? I understand that you aren't going to out DD 2h etc, but my question I guess is that, is Blau/perdu better than katanax2 NINs on birds? Or does having to use madrigal make the party gimp all around?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

You can have the BRD pianissimo Madrigal on you, so it wouldn't affect the overall perfomance of the PT, but yeah I never merit on NIN, so I can't really say <.<

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Fuuuck I need a haidate. And 8 dagger merits. And gear. Q________Q

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen View Post
    Fuuuck I need a haidate. And 8 dagger merits. And gear. Q________Q
    With 8 dagger merits that would work out just nicely I think. Need acc though.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Crab Sushi makes it a bit more reasonable to do than before. Only time I've parsed against someone trying it was a 3x NIN party and they came in third behind myself and another NIN using Senj/Perdu (though not by a huge margin). However, they weren't swapping mobs as quickly, etc, so the setup likely would have pulled ahead if that were equal.

IMO, the bigger factor with a Blau setup on NIN is how far you're going "out of your way" on it. I mean, if you've got the Dagger merits, Blau, etc, anyway, then great. If not, I'd certainly weigh it against merits/gear that would help more universally.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I merit on my NIN, and if I had to accept a madigal because some dick in my party wanted to use a C- weapon, I'd leave.
    I'm all for new combinations and different setups, but fagging up your party just because you want to get a rad 1k Evisc is lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansin View Post
    I merit on my NIN, and if I had to accept a madigal because some dick in my party wanted to use a C- weapon, I'd leave.
    Pi-an-issi-moooo lalalalalaaa

one of my favorite partys was my friend (nin/war using blau), thf (Me), cor, brdx2, whm. Sounds weird and i was making fun of my friend till we started. With the double brd and cor daggers were hitting 80 to 100 a swing. DE avg 1500 to 2000. He was anywhere between 1300 to 2000 as well.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I'm all for new combinations and different setups, but fagging up your party just because you want to get a rad 1k Evisc is lame.
    If someone was fagging up the party by inviting a nin in the first place, I'd have already left.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Enedin View Post
    Pi-an-issi-moooo lalalalalaaa
    I think the same logic would follow for a bard- if some dick were asking for Pianissimo to use a C- ranked weapon, I'd either tell him to start using katanas, or leave.
    Regardless, finding a bard that will pull, keep up two DD songs, two mage songs, and Pianissimo you a Madrigal consistently would be a task in itself.

I think the same logic would follow for a bard- if some dick were asking for Pianissimo to use a C- ranked weapon, I'd either tell him to start using katanas, or leave.
    Regardless, finding a bard that will pull, keep up two DD songs, two mage songs, and Pianissimo you a Madrigal consistently would be a task in itself.
    Singular bard is your problem here

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Even with madrigal I'd venture a guess that it would still suck. Either you people are sucking down sushi left and right at birds or you're TPing in Ohats and Nori kotes and Potent belts.

Senji / Perdu is awesome merit combo. Perdu / Blau for fucking around on shit in Nzyul or something? Sure why not.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I'd say it's a lot more viable now with crab sushi only being 4k/stack, if you can get madrigal.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

Not to sound like an elitest douche or anything but all of my NIN friends (please note that they're not retarded and know how to play their job) can easily bust 800-1.2k Jins at birds.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by altwight View Post
    Not to sound like an elitest douche or anything but all of my NIN friends (please note that they're not retarded and know how to play their job) can easily bust 800-1.2k Jins at birds.
    With what buffs?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

With dirty filthy lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Demus View Post
    With dirty filthy lies.
    I don't see how this is not impossible if they use senj and fudo + expensive meat + lucky crit procs + buffs that'd kill overall dot but increase epeen. However while you'll have epeen you'll parse shittier overall. But anything past 800 consistantly would be lying to an extreme because you'd need constant DA procs for that to work out