+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Oh, you've got green eyes.
    Oh, you've got blue eyes.
    Oh, you've got grey eyes.

BG Level

Oh Baby it's Cold Outside, Tossed Salad and Scrambled Eggs

god I love Frasier

but I HATE this weather. Gives folks something to talk about though, and I'm glad. Here in Canada it's colder than cold. why, in my day we used to huddle by the fire, wrap ourselves in freshly made bearskin rugs -- I'm talking mere hours before we fired buckshot into the nether-regions of that 11 foot tall fur-bearing beast

that's my blanket now!

but I digress. Today I was late for work due to power outages seemingly affected by the cold

our parking meters don't work because, yes, it's THAT COLD

it's like the katrina of cold up here, it's killing me, krazy isn't it? man oh man, I sure loves me talking about the weather and linking articles so other people can respond with similar articles and experiences; it puts a warm in my bones that this damned weather can't never touch

why, just this morning at work, any hour now the newspaper man will come a knockin with his deliveries and I bet you my entire paycheck he will say "wow, man, it is soooo cold" and I'll say "yeah, it's TOOO cold" and we'll smile and feel brotherly love with no crossed streams

not even kidding you, right now there are one, two, ok just two I thought there more, but TWO really big dump trucks getting the um... big part in the back, the dump? anyway that part is getting filled with snow, from an old storm, and they're warning us of yet another storm

makes me wanna stay inside and make babies

well, bg, do you have any other crazy weather related hilarious antics? I sure hope we can huddle around our e-fire here in general (for now, hi Tonko) and feel brotherly love with no crossed streams

WHERE THE FUCK DID MY CUSTOM TITLE GO
    I DEMAND IT BE RESTORED
    OR A TITLE OF EQUAL OR GREATER VALUE IS PROVIDED
    Both of them. That's just a dick move.

BG Level

Social satire at its finest.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I remember this huge blizzard and freezing rain storm that hit when I sill lived in Waldorf back in 1999. There was this 6' thick sheet of ice that literally covered the ground in my neighborhood. School was out for about 3 weeks and I remembered seeing kids actually ice skating on the street.

Quote Originally Posted by Sol-Blackguy View Post
    I remember this huge blizzard and freezing rain storm that hit when I sill lived in Waldorf back in 1999. There was this 6' thick sheet of ice that literally covered the ground in my neighborhood. School was out for about 3 weeks and I remembered seeing kids actually ice skating on the street.
    I fucking hate freezing rain.... About 2 weeks ago we got rain at like 4 in the morning and it immediately froze on the ground caused black ice out the ying yang to the point the 2 major highways in my area were closed down for like 4 hours.... Oh and btw I slipped and busted my fucking ass same with 4 of my co-workers..... FUCKING ICE!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Scrambled eggs AAAAALL over my face...
    What IS a boy to do???

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ohai, it's Toronto here too. Let's relate!

Canada
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mlle Skjie
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

See, this is why I left Toronto for Vancouver.

the wind chill in atlanta is -2, what the FUCK

Oh, you've got green eyes.
    Oh, you've got blue eyes.
    Oh, you've got grey eyes.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shalyn View Post
    Ohai, it's Toronto here too. Let's relate!
    well hello there Canadian brother, from Toronto no less; say hi to Steve for me, surely you know him. much love with none of streams crossed

my moustache had many an icicle hanging as the damp forsted breath left the safe confines of my parka on my trek to ye olde subway station, as they call the new rails beneath the city's walls (let us take a moment to remember the lives lost building the railroard -- well, not this one but surely railroads must have blood let for them somewhere)

on the television today they announced the weather would be announced in Kelvins, due to the fact that the low numbers expressed with the minus sign (-40 degrees celcius etc) does not reflect what the Canadian government would like during this difficult financial climate (oh hey, I think I made a right pun there eh?)

so the next time you watch the canadian weather on our one channel that we have, it will be a 3 digit number unless they decide to go to Alert way up north there, but as they say:

in Canada, it's all North eh?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

-34°C here in Fredericton this morning, lowest I've seen when I lived in Saint John was about -55°C, everything shut down because if you stayed outside you ended up freezing to death. Goodbye homeless people~

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

-4 for me bitches. not too bad really, but prob cuz im inside next to a space heater like a G

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

It snowed in Texas once. Hey! Listen! Hey... hey listen!

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Currently it's -4 degrees here in Pittsburgh. With the wind chill it's -20. I work at AAA in our regional headquarters. On a typical Friday at this time(10:35am) we usually have about 150 people needing road service. We might have maybe 10-15 calls waiting to be taken by our calltakers. Currently we have 407 active road service calls and 81 calls waiting to be taken by our receiving staff. It's been a long fucking day.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Its a crisp 75 degrees here in South Florida. I get a good chuckle seeing all the natives with their Burberry scarfs and eskimo hooker boots the second it dips below 80 degrees. Makes me want to choke a bitch and move back up to NY.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Mizango View Post
    It snowed in Texas once. Hey! Listen! Hey... hey listen!
    It was 40F this morning, we almost shut the city down!

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

However cold it is in Toronto right now, it was that cold in Calgary back in mid-December. I feel your pain, it's just fucking awful to go out when it's that cold.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmauk View Post
    It was 40F this morning, we almost shut the city down!
    As they should. It's -11 C this morning when I came to work. That's like 25F? The coolest temp we have had in the last 7 years as far as I can remember.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by MrW View Post
    Its a crisp 75 degrees here in South Florida. I get a good chuckle seeing all the natives with their Burberry scarfs and eskimo hooker boots the second it dips below 80 degrees. Makes me want to choke a bitch and move back up to NY.
    I'm in Tamarac (actually just got a job up on cypress), and I see the same damn thing. All the kids walking home from Taravella are dressed like it's 30 degrees out. It's fucking 70!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Lol I get to see all the students from Nova Southeastern and University School. I don't even know where they buy half of that shit.