Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Any luck buying AF+1 upgrade items?

I'm getting pretty antsy wanting to hurry up and upgrade rng hands + head, but the 72 hour cooldown, and no luck on apollyon drop is getting a bit frustrating. Has anyone sat in Apollyon, or Temenos for that matter, with an auto translated search message like Charcoal Cotton Can I have it? Reward X amount of gil? Please /tell or Invite to Join Party?

I have no issue paying 100k+ to hurry up and finish these pieces, since if they were on the AH for that price I'd buy them in a heart beat. I'm just wondering if anyone else has done this? If so how much did you/the seller think was a fair price? And how long did it take you to find someone willing to sell?

edit: on Odin just for the sake of mentioning

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I was offering 200-250k for three days for DRK temenos item with no luck. This is probably something that varies by server more than anything but I expected to get at least one /tell.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

People don't read /seacoms when actively looking to invite someone to a party, what makes you think they will /sea the zone and see your /seacom for the item? :<

ie. People are stupid or they didn't have any left over items to sell... or both.

Nah but seriously, you might be a little luckier if you sat on the portal and actually spoke to the groups as they entered or /telled the PT leaders in the zone and ask them directly.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Saivan View Post
    People don't read /seacoms when actively looking to invite someone to a party, what makes you think they will /sea the zone and see your /seacom for the item? :<

ie. People are stupid or they didn't have any left over items to sell... or both.

Nah but seriously, you might be a little luckier if you sat on the portal and actually spoke to the groups as they entered or /telled the PT leaders in the zone and ask them directly.
    Good idea about asking while they're standing there, or asking the leader directly.

I seem to remember rng items auto sort while I was in Deadbody, maybe ask Kingsocom if he is still leading the shell if you can buy one.

Clever and witty, all together the ladies love the Nekura
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

4 out of 6 of my COR upgrade items came from camping Temenos or Apollyon overnight. My /seacoms usually looked like

Silkworm Thread Sell?
    /tell please

I was only asked to pay for two of the items (50K and 100K), the other JPs said "gift" which was nice. :3

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by nekura View Post
    4 out of 6 of my COR upgrade items came from camping Temenos or Apollyon overnight. My /seacoms usually looked like

Silkworm Thread Sell?
    /tell please

I was only asked to pay for two of the items (50K and 100K), the other JPs said "gift" which was nice. :3
    Nice, my ls leader just borrowed the idea and got SCH for 150k from a group within an hour of trying. So I'll definitely be giving this a try. Thanks for the info

edit: oh ya, he also put something in his bazaar, and changed his bazaar comment to asking for the item. He said lots of ls members checked him while they were standing there waiting to enter.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Yeah, I did the same thing for my COR AF items. I would put it in seacom, if I was awake, id ask the party leaders as the zoned in. I paid for only like, 2 pieces, the other ones I got lucky and some people I know got drop and let me have for free.

Another good idea, is to put it in your bazaar comment. People will usually check you if you are just hanging out near the portal I noticed.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'd sell those if anyone on Alexander was buying, my LS is capped on pretty much everything >_>

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

CD, ask Omoi about it. I still need RNG items but I don't think I need Apolyon, and I think NF already has everything he needs or is focusing on something else.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    CD, ask Omoi about it. I still need RNG items but I don't think I need Apolyon, and I think NF already has everything he needs or is focusing on something else.
    Cool, thanks R3, when do you guys normally have it scheduled?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

when i was running limbus i used to shout in zone whenever we exited if anyone needed the items that had just dropped from final chest that nobody in my group wanted. never thought to ask for money, maybe thats bad business or maybe im a nice guy who knows the pain of waiting 6 months for a white rivet.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreguh View Post
    Cool, thanks R3, when do you guys normally have it scheduled?
    Monday 7ish, Thursday 7:30ish

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

anyone on seraph? I've needed teme drg and sam for... 8-10 months now.

WTB BLU Temenos item on Leviathan!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

It would be kind of nice if it would catch on, just to reinvigorate Limbus a little maybe. Limbus drops are so random buying them makes sense. Plus a lot of groups have been going so long they have no use for any items any more, so they are just going to waste.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I figured this might help so...WTB Coiled Yarn on Ramuh

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

i went 1/1 rng item in temenos

and then 0/10 boxes in apollyon SE...........

talk about randomness.........

"Jammin'!"
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    It would be kind of nice if it would catch on, just to reinvigorate Limbus a little maybe. Limbus drops are so random buying them makes sense. Plus a lot of groups have been going so long they have no use for any items any more, so they are just going to waste.
    Usually have everything except ToAU/WotG jobs free fall anymore. I've only been contacted by one guy wanting to buy but we usually just let him grab em if noone wants.

Wish I could find a group who actually did TEMENOS when I we did 3 Ultimas (We do 2 omega and 1 ultima) with no PUP drop. I would have paid out the ass for a drop. >.>

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

LS actually had someone buy a Temenos BRD piece from us once, amused the hell out of me. Basically he just camped the zone, when a new group came in offered money to someone who stayed outside for the drop (assuming you have an alt/mule outside who does this)