Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pulling SSR 4th floor Citadel Chelonian

Ok my group is seriously having trouble with popping CC. So here is our current strat, when we port 5 people including the thf head immediately to the gear/rampart big room. Four pullers then have their ramparts targeted. Now the thf goes and sacs the whole room. We're good up until there, but here are the problems/questions:

1) Where is the best place the thf should pull all the gears to and where should the thf die? North hallway or South hallway?

2) Last time we did this, our 4 pullers got the ramparts, but thf died and gears aggro'd us, so is it necessary to use PD or fanatics?

3) Every time we have lost aggro on the ramparts while pulling them back to the porter. Is there a certain distance we have to stay so the ramparts don't lose aggro? Need some suggestions here please.

4) And after we kill ramparts, does the thf reraise and pull CC back to us? Or how does this work?

Any other suggestions or methods will be appreciated. Thanks.

#2 - It is usually necessary to PD or Fanatic's. Preferably fanatic's. Flee won't usually last long enough and the gears will get enough hits in (especially if the gear train stops in for a visit) to step all over your thf and kill him in an unraisable position. PD/Fanatic's will let him get to the north or south in a timely manner. My group's thf likes to end up on the south side to haul the incoming gear train away and give us more time to pull ramparts to the north portal room.

#3 - A puller who's paying attention won't need to pay attention to distance. Puller just needs to keep an eye on their rampart. If it stops to open and close its doors, puller stops too. Keep target on it. If you're not looking at it and it goes white, or if you're not looking at it and you lose target, go back and repull. Don't assume that it'll follow with you forever.

#4 Kill rampart > Adds > rampart until all four die. Then everyone moves up, making sure not to aggro the gear train, and make use of the elbows. Northeast J-6, northeast J-8, if you press into the corner the gear train won't aggro you unless someone happily starts casting spells or uses job abilities. Pull CC to the northeast J-8 corner, press in there, and if the gear train comes just stay quiet and they won't even look at you.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by damet View Post
    1) Where is the best place the thf should pull all the gears to and where should the thf die? North hallway or South hallway?
    Either. He'll have to come back S side for TH though, but it's possible to loose aggro with flee and mvt speed.

2) Last time we did this, our 4 pullers got the ramparts, but thf died and gears aggro'd us, so is it necessary to use PD or fanatics?
    necessary.

3) Every time we have lost aggro on the ramparts while pulling them back to the porter. Is there a certain distance we have to stay so the ramparts don't lose aggro? Need some suggestions here please.
    20+ range and they will loose aggro. Let them open/close door then move again.

4) And after we kill ramparts, does the thf reraise and pull CC back to us? Or how does this work?
    Depends if your doing boss ( assuming not). Then he'll have plenty of time to pull cc back to start.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

4 pullers + thief sac (flee + pd/fanatics needed) Our usually dies where you gather to prep/lock on before he starts the sac (makes a circle). Note: if you can manage to use both PD and Fanatics at proper times you should be able to /logout safely.

Ramparts can/will deagro if your not watching them.

We always fight CC in the corner of the large room right before the gear room; Just stay in the corner and do no do actions which could agro the gear train if they decide to wander through.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

What Neo posted work fine, but I will add a few thing

Using neo's map

Step 1: A thief with Af1 boots should be able to lose aggro and survive the first "suicide" pull if he run all the way to the locked door south (I-11). If the thief manage to survive, he can come back hugging the wall in the middle room (similar to how you skip it in bhaf).

If thing fail to unagro, he can always run back to the north side and dies there.

Step 2: Always kill it at K-11 North East corner (make sure someone watch the train to avoid magic aggro). Unless your thief is weakened, he should be able to hold it easily if the party is blocked by the gears train

After CC is dead, the thf (on the leader's mark) will flee straight down the middle of the room, aggroing the chariot, surrounding gears, and the rampart and heading south. The mnk wil chi blast the chariot off of the thf and the party will kill the chariot asap. With luck the thf will lose hate on everything he is sacking (including the gear train that he will reaggro during this period) and hit the portal door just as the chariot is dying. Note the chariot is killed to unlock the door.
    Last time we did this, the chariot I pulled linked with Citadel's rampart (doesnt move), and every gears eventually linked to me, similarly to what happen on 3rd floor. We did this 40+ times, and it happened only once.

I also think it's the best method to do this pull, but it's a good idea to get ready to dies away from people if it happens.

King of the Jews
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I'm in kay's group and I've held CC before, its not hard. hes got horrible acc lol

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Someone needs to make a Youtube video of this.

Pretty sure that rampart does move kaylia, as it has followed our thf every time. Unless I am imagining it.

Ive been planning to make vids of our runs sometime to post in our strat links. Maybe ill do this next week after the hectic PW crap is done.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

If you have a fanatics you can flee, PD, aggro the room, pop your fanatics before PD wears and just log out in the hall leading up to the room. The 4 people pulling ramparts should already be gone. Wait a couple mins before logging back in for the gears to move back to the room. No death and you're on the same side ready to help fight when you log back in.

Can do with fanatics only, but your pullers need to be quick, stacking PD first gives you more time to make it work.

Powder boots also help alot for not needing to die. However I suggest not trying that until your thf knows what they are doing.

You don't need PD to aggro all the ramparts and make it out of the room alive. What our THFs did was flee around the room, run to the corner north of the hallway out of the big room, as soon as the train starts to catch up, pop PD. This gives pullers more than enough time to pull ramparts off him (take care, though, I think a certain weather condition can cause them to lose aggro even in the short distance from the big room to that corner).

If he wasn't lucky enough to get a fanatics by this point, he just died there once PD wore (he should have gotten a Dusty RR, anyway, which is RR3). If he did have fanatics, pop it just before PD wears, and assuming the rampart pulls were clean, log out. That corner is safe to log back to, even if the train is passing just as you get back.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

For our group, we've always killed the gear train before doing the Rampart pull.

Generally we'll find a Fanatics prior to the 4th floor or in one of the chests.

Back to the 3rd floor, after killing GG and finding the immobile rampart, the THF (most of the time me) waits at the door when the immobile rampart is about to go down, once it's down the THF opens the door and wait at the port to 4th floor. BRD sings songs, buffs, etc. The THF ports to 4th floor, immediately flees, should be able to catch the gear train around I-6/J-6 brings it right back to the group (no PD no Fanatic should be needed for this pull), RDM or BLM or BRD sleeps, the melees takes the train out. This usually don't take more than 3-5 mins. Our group feels that this is more efficient than watching the train here and there while we do the Rampart pull. Fanatics is great here for the THF while it is very doable with PD if no luck in chests etc. We kill the Ramparts at I-7/8 | J-7/8 room, most of the melees/brds use 2hr here, THF should unweak around the time the last rampart is killed makes the CC pull and find Macha's crown from CC.

Some may say that killing the gear train is wasting a lot of time but from our experience we are able to do Hammerblow/Powderkeg/GG/CC/LAC mostly depending on how fast the Powderkeg room is pulled.

Even if you are capable of doing it sometimes, there is no need to waste another 5-6 minutes on gears you dont need to kill and can very easily avoid.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra View Post
    Pretty sure that rampart does move kaylia, as it has followed our thf every time. Unless I am imagining it.

Ive been planning to make vids of our runs sometime to post in our strat links. Maybe ill do this next week after the hectic PW crap is done.
    Thought it was static, but I never really paid attention.

If it move, I'm clueless as to why the gears from the room came to me 2 minutes after the pull. Thief fled through the room like always, and I range pulled the chariot all the way back.

Gears don't have alliance hate, and I couldnt possibly get hate on anything else but chariot with RA.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Since my group needs nothing (or almost nothing) from LAC, we take the ramparts to the starting porter room and CC too.

The way i do this is:

Once everyone has their Rampart locked go in and PD aggroing one side of the room, then use Flee (AF Boots) and aggro the other side and go to the door that's on the south side of the room. Before PD wears off use Fanatics and start heading back to the porter room. This way the time left on your Flee lets you get out of the gears reach and lose aggro on them pretty easy, then you can go help on taking down those ramparts faster. When the last rampart is around 45-55% you can go back to get CC. Pull it asap since the train shouldn't be pretty far from getting back to the room.

And if you get lucky and get your hands on a Hermes Quencher on the way up that makes it a lot easier to lose the gears.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I wouldnt rely on getting fanatics every run, spamming chests before pulling the ramparts also, isn't time efficient as it takes away time from the incoming gear train (if you dont kill it). Being Neo's thf, i've gotten better at surviving sac pulls, although I still screw up on little stuff lol. If you don't have movement speed+, grab a pair of powder boots and pre charge them when you port. Use them until you aggro half the room, then pop PD (if you dont have sj/ma use them before aggroing any). After doing a loop in the room, run northwest corner of the first chest room. Wait until the gears enter the room, they'll path along the north wall, you can then flee and hug the south wall, avoiding them all. Run back to meet up with your group, by the time you reach them, all will have deaggro'd. You can still survive this room without powderboots (since Neo doesnt like the time it takes to use one) if you have +speed.

You can then assist in adding extra DD on the ramparts and be at full HP for CC.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

We did this for the first time in my group about a week ago. Our Thief died at the north side with Reraise on, while we had 4 people pull the Ramparts back to the start. The Thief Reraised and came back when he could to help us out. This was by far the most intense thing we ever did, but it was fun and worthwhile, 1/1 Hikazu hara-ate for our Samurai.

Every time someone uses a strat I post and goes 1/1 on CC, I feel like I should have been born into another life as blood mercenary in the diamond minds of africa, where all I do all day is beat and murder people for pleasure.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra View Post
    Every time someone uses a strat I post and goes 1/1 on CC, I feel like I should have been born into another life as blood mercenary in the diamond minds of africa, where all I do all day is beat and murder people for pleasure.

1/1 stories bug me too... I was speaking to someone the other day whos group went 2/2 on CC in less than a week. I told him horror stories of people going 0/100, 0/200+ on this guy and his response was "wtf, have those guys ever heard of TH? try bringing a THF next time"

-_-

Honestly, people having luck THAT amazing end up with no real appreciation for how rare the gear they're getting is. My group only has high drop rates on things nobody even wants. Hi2u 3 marduk hands in a row.