Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

That's because I run at full settings and 1920x1080 resolution. <3 my 52" HDTV.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I don't get why reviewers, who work for official companies and should be getting God rigs for free, can't post HQ screen shots.

aduidarnenye

We hit RA5 this past weekend. I seriously need to respec as well. I just threw everything into weaponry so I could try everything out before respecs. Needless to say, I get blown up very easily in PvP now.

I can't decide what type of weaponry to go for, I'm currently running a disruptor dual beam bank, two disruptor dual cannons and a chronitron (sp?) torpedo launcher on my fore weapon slots and on the aft weapon slots I have a disruptor beam array and two turrets (I can't remember which ones).

My tactical consoles are three +30 disruptor weapons and a +22 torpedo weapons.

Most of my stuff is white or green stuff I picked up levelling along the way so I suspect that this will change a lot, especially since I just got into Borg space and am starting to do the B'Tran dailies for the purples.

aduidarnenye

Just found this hilarious video on Youtube. It starts getting hilarious around :45 in, dull before that.

Basically, for the uninitiated, Sol Spacedock is the central hub of STO. All the Federation ships go through here. Remember the bazaars getting MPK'd outside of Jeuno? This is even more epic. Watch the chat log throughout the video. Shame they'll probably remove this next patch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxbCncKZGKY

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

The Abandon Ship effect it self no longer damages friendly units, but your Warp Core Breach will. So I hope they just patch hubs and not Warp Core Breach, else I won't be able to ram a Starfleet vessel and kill him and his limping buddy with our combined explosions.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Currently my loadout looks like this:

Fore Weapons: Disruptor Dual Cannons Mk X [CrtH] x2 / Dual Disruptor Beam Bank [CrtH] / Quantum Torpedo Launcher Mk X [CrtH]
    Deflector: Tachyon Deflector Array Mk IX [DefF] [Sen]
    Sheilds: Covariant Shield Array Mk X [Cap]x2
    Impulse: Efficient Impulse Engines Mk IV
    Aft Weapons: Disruptor Turret Mk X [CrtH] / Disruptor Turret Mk X / Disruptor Beam Array Mk X [CrtH]
    Engineering Consoles: EPS Flow Regulator Mk X / Neutronium Alloy Mk X x2
    Science Consoles: Multi-Spectro Scanner Mk X / Induction Stabilizer Mk X
    Tactical Consoles: Disruptor Induction Coil Mk X x4

Skills (I actually have Beam Target Shields III and Beam Target Weapons II on my Lt. Commander Tactical officer, but the builder hasn't added the BTS:III ability yet)

I'm also looking forward to being able to respec. They should be adding it in the first major update set to come next month.

aduidarnenye

I'm using covariant shields as well. They seem to be the best and have stuck with them since we started.

Apparently the Raidisodes start tomorrow:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fq9sDHiXDg

Really looking forward to these.

I don't understand, however, why they give us Borg in the tutorial but then you hop over to Klingons, Romulans, and Cardassians and you don't see them again until level 43. You'd think that the tutorial mobs wouldn't be, you know, the biggest baddest enemies ever seen in Star Trek.

Just found this absolutely hilarious video. This is what happens when your total content takes 2 weeks to complete and you've a bunch of maxxed cap people sitting around with nothing to do:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swB-CbSZZdw

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

lmao! holy shit, the 2nd half of that video, where they are all on the bridge is awesome :D

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

What are everyone's handles? I'm going to need people to group up with for those raidisodes! Find me on Xanthe@Xanthe. :D

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Frosty@FrostyJones for my RA5 Starfleet character. Fros'ti is my KDF character, should be hitting Tier 4 tonight.

aduidarnenye

Grey Cooper@Pavillion for myself and Agatha@Zetes for my husband. Friend us up!

We'll be on later tonight, there's a hockey game to watch right now.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Invites sent.

aduidarnenye

Poop.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptic_Gozer
    I will clarify for you. We are releasinng the first "Raidisode" (now known as Special Task Forces, raidisode was always just a word I made up anyway, and used internally) later this week.

The current plan however is to release it to the New Test Sever along with a character copy feature (also coming this week) first, and then if all goes well to the Live Server the following week. You should be able to copy your characters over to the test server and play the raidisode if you dont want to wait on the Live Server update the following week, as long as you are either a KDF General or Starfeet Admirial.. Yes thats right.... KDF General... there is a Klingon Version of Infected as well..
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...49#post2205449

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Meh, gives me more time to get my purple shield and deflector. In slightly related news, there's a new hero in town.

aduidarnenye

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
    Meh, gives me more time to get my purple shield and deflector. In slightly related news, there's a new hero in town.
    Haha

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

If you visit the official site you'll already know this, but go log in and answer the survey they have posted, you will get 240 cryptic points for doing so. Easy free points.

k, been playing game for 6hrs or so and almost 2 rank... Doesnt seem like most challenging MMO.

And also, I expect a certain amount of grinding in all MMO's but is it just me or does almost every mission ive done so far seem the same...?

Does it get better? More challenging?

And recommendations on what to skill as engineer?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

The reason why it seems "too easy" is because PvE combat got nerfed at the Lieutenant level, it picks back up around Lt. Commander 3 or 4. If you want a real challenge, do PvP.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Missions also get more interesting later on. Same mechanics, but more inventive, and some awesome plots.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
    Missions also get more interesting later on. Same mechanics, but more inventive, and some awesome plots.
    This this this. Some of the Episode missions are very well written.