+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: star trek online     submit to reddit submit to twitter

aduidarnenye

We just started our second and third characters. Did some Klingons but there is very, very little content. It's pretty much all PvP and you can end up waiting for a long time in the queue for a battle. We wanted to try Klingons because there never seemed to be anyone to fight in tier five when we were Feds. Now we know why, they're all waiting for low level PvP battles.

Then we started new Fed characters. I'm trying a science officer but just first tier still. We did the first 9 levels in about 8 hours, minus time for dinner, going out to Tim Horton's, watching Olympic coverage, and browsing forums while leaving our ships on auto-fire (which, by the way, doesn't necessarily work properly all the time).

The 45 day patch should be out March 18th or 19th (or sooner if they are counting Head Start). I really hope to see the Special Task Forces in soon because we're beginning to get bored.

Bloody hell, I forgot to do my B'Tran daily today and it's much too late to do it now.

Someone from BG should start a fleet so I don't have to go about looking for one when/if they add content that needs fleets. Not it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

The first new mission is out today. It's also flagged as a daily. Gonna have to try this out.

aduidarnenye

Oh! The STF? I will go check now!

aduidarnenye

We tried the STF with some guy who randomly joined our open team (I always leave it on open). So it was just the three of us who went in: 1 Eng and 2 Tac.

We had no problem with "Stop the Flow" (which immediately brought to mind images of tampons in space). Got through that and into Starbase 82. We got through the first two groups of Borg and then got hung up on the third. We couldn't get around the corner to destroy the node before the Borg killed us. Only a three second respawn but the respawn point was really far away and it was just not possible to back up the other two fast enough.

I kept getting stuck in walls and other objects too, which did nothing to improve my mood.

Definitely needs a Sci officer or two to cut down the assimilation effects on top of the three jobs we had.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I won't be on tonight, but maybe this weekend we can give it a go.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Yeah, hit me up if I'm on. Been spending a bit of time today trying to get the "right" tactical kit and weapons ready.

aduidarnenye

We did it with a pug tonight. Had no problems right up until the Shield Generator Hell Room of Acid and Constantly Respawning Borg.

I was having major issues with my controls randomly reversing and inverting and my camera being stuck at weird angles and not being able to jump the blocks without dying multiple times. Basically, I sucked at Super Mario Bros STO style. I was ready to toss my keyboard out the window before we gave up. Only one person on our team of five was hopping around like a bunny rabbit, the rest kept falling. And you can't respawn inside, if you're down you have to be raised or everyone dies and you restart that part.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Yeah, I have that issue with ground controls as well. When you have a target selected the movement controls will get randomly remapped. It's really annoying.

aduidarnenye

There's some way to turn it off, but I've not looked at the ground control options yet to figure that out.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Did you hear theres a new Klingon Rank being release?!

Yes, i'm shamelessly posting this in two places.

Also i've been wanting to play this pretty badly, so i'm going to ask a completely useless question! where can i get it, Download/store/etc?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Direct2Drive, Amazon, Atari site and any normal game store (although I've found that, in the UK at least, there arn't very many on the shelves, so buying/downloading online would be best). Gold and Digital Delux editions come with extras (such as extra outfits and items) some good and some meh.

Also for the camera thing, it's due to autotarget when in aim mode. When you auto-target someone thats not directly in front your chara will instantly turn to face their direction, the problem is that the game doesn't seem to be registering this change in direction so the controls don't change. Untargetting + turning/moving fixes it, the fix is probably disabling the auto-target (would be somewhere in options if it exists, havn't checked).

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

page 2 necro goooooo

Just started STO last night, really enjoying it so far. Just wondering if anyone knows of good resources for the game? Also, how exactly does the PvP system work in terms of finding matches close to your level?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dantaro View Post
    page 2 necro goooooo

Just started STO last night, really enjoying it so far. Just wondering if anyone knows of good resources for the game? Also, how exactly does the PvP system work in terms of finding matches close to your level?
    I can't answer the first part for you, all of the wikis are very poor, but the official forums are ok.

The current PvP queue system is just broken up by rank (Lieutenant, Lt. Commander, etc), it's not uncommon to fight people way above or below you in grade.

Also, the first big patch is going to go live this week, so brace for epic.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Seconded on the coming update. I've been messing around on Tribble (the public test server, seriously best idea ever) and a lot of the changes in store are going to be quite good.

aduidarnenye

I hope they're good, my husband and I can barely bring ourselves to log on these days. He's playing FF13 now though, and I'm trying to get back into bikini shape (harsh Christmas on my thighs) so running a lot. Running myself exhausted is proving to be more interesting than doing a daily on STO for 30 minutes a day. Holding out for that patch though!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Yeah, I've been playing FF13 as well. Not even doing dailies at this point since I got the items I wanted, so just poking my head into Tribble now and then to check on the changes.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Bumb for major patch earlier this week and steam deal for $33.49 with some random dlc.

Been sitting on the fence of this game for a few weeks the steam sale pushed me off it. First char will be an Engy in a science ship, though I might change my mind though game-play.

edit: looks like the atari site has it for 29.99 till midnight tomorrow, but eh personally prefer to deal through steam anyways.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

necro for free to download and play as of a few weeks ago. My buddy told me to get it

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

I tried it, as my sigatar demonstrates. I didn't really care for it personally.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Looks good for a few space battles, I don't think it will take up a lot of my time