+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: star trek online     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Ironically, its a lot like SW:TOR in that it feels like a single player game. You get a full crew and away team and you can solo everything that way. The story is alright, esp if you are a Trekkie and know wtf they are talking about. Since its free now I'd say its def worth a shot, at least on 1 full playthrough.

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

Just picked this up myself. Pretty much echo'ing what Rulke said. I ignore the server chat for the most part, and it seems like free players can't use whispers or "Shouts", so I'll probably just solo my way through it unless I can get a couple friends to play.

The only mildly annoying thing I've encountered thus far is the fact that the exp system explanation on the wiki is old or something. I didn't hit LCM until 33,000 skill points, despite it being listed at like 16,000 on the wiki. A lot of the cooler ship designs are paid and stuff, which is fine I guess, aesthetics and all. Inventory got kinda limited as a free player, but mostly because I ended up picking up so much junk I didn't need. RPG habit, I guess.

If anyone wants to do some missions or something, hit me up.

Burninate all the things.
    BG Level

Uploaded some mid-game PvE gameplay. Holy crap, those instances are fun.

Note: Ignore the extremely disconcerting skype pings, I'm new at this

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Not going to lie, LIstened to the video with sound, And for a moment i thought someone was sending me a message on Skype.

Looks neat. i just picked this up myself At the suggestion of GG there... Enjoying it.

Ship name is U.S.S Ragnarok
    Player: Blaise Vellore Arath
    Job: Engineer.

Dunno what all anyone would need to befriend me :X

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

This is out now on PS4. It's missing most of the side-content that the PC version has, but all of the main missions are in there. I'm 15 levels in and it's not terrible, but it could use some polish. I'll probably take this one character through at least the main starfleet line before dropping it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I preordered this on pc and its still sitting in the box, unused...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I cant believe this mmo still exists

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The Empress Sala mission on PS4 is currently bugged. If you approach the planet the game crashes instantly. You need to skip the mission and proceed to the next stage. If you do trigger the crash, you will need to sit at the start menu for 20 minutes because the game will constantly kick you out to PSN.

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Mission:_Empress_Sela
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comment...a_mission_bug/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I played this for like.. a few days. Then I realized the fact that it's a PWE game that I wouldn't be staying long unless I sell everything I have. Gameplay is great, but yeah not falling into that trap like I did with Perfect World.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Victory Is Life DLC
    Celebrate the 25th anniversary of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine by exploring the infamous starbase that started that all. The game's fourth major expansion takes Captains on a maiden journey to the Gamma Quadrant, where they team up with crew members from DS9 to battle the Hur’q. This includes Quark (Armin Shimerman), Odo (René Auberjonois), Kira (Nana Visitor), Doctor Bashir (Alexander Siddig) and eight other characters voiced by the original cast members. The expansion also introduces a brand new Jem’Hadar playable faction, increased level cap, seven new episodes, an all-new Gamma Quadrant Sector Battlezone and more!
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/st...g-june-2018%21

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Wow. It seems a lifetime ago I played this. I honestly cannot believe its still up and running. Props to them.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Age of Discovery - Free Update that is a Tie-In to the Discovery Show, Available Now on PC
    • Playable Discovery Era Federation Faction – Players can create a brand new Discovery era Federation Captain with a new tutorial experience and explore Starfleet in the year 2256, just after the Battle at the Binary Stars.
    • Two New Episodes – Players from all factions can explore two new episodes, where they will be tasked with fending off Klingon boarding the U.S.S. Glenn, and defending Starbase 1 from an assault by Klingon House D’Ghor.
    • New Task Force Operation – Queues in Star Trek Online will now be known as “Task Force Operations.” Age of Discovery’s newest Task Force Operation (TFO) will take players back to 2256 through historical simulation to protect Starbase 1.
    • Random Task Force Operations System – Those who queue for a randomly selected TFO through this new system will be rewarded with a large bonus, along with the standard rewards for completing the challenge.
    • Streamlined Mission Journal – The Mission Journal has been streamlined for all Federation factions, in order to help new players better access the main story content in Star Trek Online. This affects Task Force Operations, which now unlock earlier in progression.
    • Added Reputation Tier – All reputations will be extended to Tier 6 and will include upgrades to existing rewards, plus some new ones.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Age of Discovery - Free Update that is a Tie-In to the Discovery Show, Available Now on PC
    Available Now on Consoles