+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: star trek online     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.

BG Level

If anyone needs a beta key, i have one i don't want, pm me for it.

Gone.

aduidarnenye

Been downloading for six hours and it says it has seven hours left. Time to go to bed I think. Tomorrow perhaps!

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Space Combat is kinda fun, but absurd amounts of dead time travelling from A to B (which I guess isn't particularly unusual for MMORPG, but in most aspect, this game is closer to a regular game that just happens to be online with the possibility of playing with other people). It's not fun enough to warrant any long term play though.
    search missions tend to be incredibly annoying because you're searching blindly a lot, and the map isn't much help.

ground combat is absolutely horrible. The interface is ok'ish, but controls are clumsy.
    It looks like a bad graphics third person view shooter game, but doesn't play like it. Strafing etc. is relatively pointless (you can run backwards though)
    I keep bumping into things and getting stuck. This can be attributed to me being teh suck and the game being beta, but it's relatively frustrating.
    The search for object xyz on planet abc missions tend to be horrible. While you get a defined area to search, the objects tend to be small, and while they light up if you get close enough, that lighting is rather short, the objects tend to be so small, you need to be fairly close, and they're often obscured by other objects. Can be incredibly frustrating

aduidarnenye

Yay, 15 hour download and it was corrupted too! I'm trying a Torrent Cryptic put up but it is telling me 2w5d, by which time the game will be released anyways!

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Same here. Got up, a little giddy about it being finished dl'ing and it was fucked.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I eventually went 1/3 for downloads. 1st downloaded fine, but was corrupoted, 2nd was from the STO direct line but was so fucking slow that after an 8 hr work day, it had only downloaded 10% of 6 gigs (wtf), so I cancelled that. 3rd one worked like a charm though, fast and reliable. Installed it this morning and messed around with character creation before work. Lots of fun there, interested to get the feel of the rest of the game though, as many people are saying its sluggish, ugly and boring (this beta is just a time killer for me and something to test out the power of my new gaming rig, so no real loss for me)

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I downloaded using the file planet downloader. Took like 45 minutes of waiting before the download started but it was a constant 600k/sec. I think it was roughly 3 hrs to download.

I got on and it was so laggy, lots of rubberbanding, etc. But I guess that's to be expected with an open beta. It seems fun, but I don't think I'll buy it.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

The instance system can make it a pain in the ass to do quests with a friend, hopefully this gets smoothed out. It also doesnt feel as much as an MMO with all the instances for every zone.

Ridill Ninja Lotter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

omfg CHAKOTAY had me in tears.

I'd tap that turian!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by ZarakiKujata View Post
    omfg CHAKOTAY had me in tears.
    Same, fucking lol.

aduidarnenye

Finally got it downloaded and installed. Ship controls are annoying.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Space combat seems fun so far. Ground combat is annoying and buggy.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I really like the overall feel of the game, definatly feels like the Star Trek universe to me. I've never playe EVE so the ship controls were a little tough to get used to. Thankfully the starter mission is easy :D

aduidarnenye

I've spent more time making characters than playing the actual game.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by aduidarnenye View Post
    I've spent more time making characters than playing the actual game.
    Same. I really liked the character creator, but the game itself is horrible >.< It's quite surprising a title can be in such a bad shape so close to it's release date.

I made a human using the character creator but it felt really lacking to me. I mean it's better then WoW and FFXI's...but either they have far too few options for humans or more will be added? I mean I could choose a full 10 diff hairstyles and like 6 colors for each. I could color my suit however I wanted though. Also the Tattoo's looked horrible as shit, though you could scale them and move them around which was cool.

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

So far only two things have really bugged me. Either there is auto-targeting that doesn't work or sucks, or just doesn't exist, and this really sucks for combat situation. The other being in solo mission (Only one I've done is in the Volaris Cluster) where you have to find five anomalous readings is a bitch when you get past the first three or four. It reminds me of doing Streetsweeper III in Tahrongi Canyon without being able to use tab.

Some of the areas the ground missions take place on don't look done at all, as I know it's not my machine that isn't rendering some of the landscape, and there's one area with a triangle (like a "This is where your objective is!" kind of triangle) floating in mid-air that I couldn't get anyone to explain to me.

Also, music in the game is pretty good, especially during the character creation.

I liked zoning into space as my character or into a ground mission as my ship, as the game sometimes bugs out and loads the wrong model, resulting in you being unable to use your skills.

Also my friend had some debuff put him on which made his character get stuck in a loop animation he couldnt get out of even after having a GM kill him and respawn him.

aduidarnenye

I've not been able to get online all day. I try every so often. Servers are packed full of people. My husband is on, but only by not logging off since this morning.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast