+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: star trek online     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Friends been in beta since launch, he was excited to see the crafting system till patch went live. I guess what he thought was a planet to learn crafting is nothing more then an upgrade HUB? I mean, I can understand kinda, since it's just Champions Online crafting w/o you having to actually do 100+lvls of junk before you can upgrade stuff. But to just have NPCs doing the crafting is kinda meh.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

sounds like they making a lot of changes to the gameplay when its like 2 weeks away from being released >.>

aduidarnenye

Major lag today. I keep disconnecting while zoning to sector space.

I equipped my bridge officers with the gayest looking rifles ever today.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Is anyone here going to be online for the "end of beta" event? Looks like some massive battle. I will be @ work

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I tried it and I tried to convince myself to like it.

Space battles are fun and if the MMO literally focused all its time on a ship based MMO it could have potentialy beat the pants off EVE. As is, the ground/space idea is OK, but in the end the confusing skill system (and lack of numbers/help text) and even moreso the constant crashes and glitches just put me off from buying.

Perhaps it will be better in a month or 6 months or whatever, but I can't honestly see myself joining later. I figure their chance to hook me was now, when the cheap lifetime subscription and preorder bonuses (namely Borg and Trill) are available. Oh well, I do wish the game luck as a Trek fan, but I'm just gonna have to pass.

aduidarnenye

My husband did a bit of the end of beta event but he had lots of problems. Massive lag and the Klingon faction just wasn't delivering. There were massive Borg cubes popping up that were killing everyone. He never made it in for the borg fight on Sol Spaceport.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

The Klingon invasion was just a ruse to get everyone in Federation space for the Borg invasion. Had I been Rear Admiral level the event might have been more fun, since level 40-50 Borg really tear through a level 21 Commander. It was still a heck of a way to end the beta. It also gave me some good material to finish my release character's back story. It took a while, but I was finally able to escape the encounter draw-in/warp out cycle by letting myself die in an encounter instance just as I was warping out, letting me respawn in sector space right outside the Sol system instead of inside the instance. I booked it to DS9 for the rest of the event where there were no Borg. Starbase 01 was completely overrun with Borg though. I never noticed any lag during the battles, maybe your husband needs a better computer?

Looking forward to release next week (since I have to wait to roll Joined Trill)!

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Whoa, Xanthe. Sending you a PM about your relic.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Must be a pretty long PM. Are you going to play STO?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Sorry, work beckoned. I don't know yet. It sounds... iffy. I like my MMOs to actually have a lot of people. There sounds like there is way too much instancing, and to be honest, I don't know how I feel about just shooting someone with a blaster all day.

I need to see a lot more gameplay before I commit to anything.

P.S. There's no Drg in it, so we'll see. I need my high jumping Kain references.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

You could name your character Kain and be captain of the U.S.S. Highwind

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by BGtemp View Post
    You could name your character Kain and be captain of the U.S.S. Highwind
    ....Bloody brilliant! Seriously. Now I must ponder...

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

You've still got 4 days to get the pre-order bonuses! Come start a fleet with me. :D

aduidarnenye

We've just got the ship with the blue lasers as our pre-order bonus so we'll do the headstart starting Friday (except that this weekend is the Everything About Sex Show which is fun to go to and will cut into our play time). We'll probably use the bonuses for second characters if we get that far.

SF Fan circa 1988
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rakiel Kanan
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'll be playing this weekend as well, also in a Constitution-class light cruiser.

MaachaQ

I only got to play for a few days during the open beta, but my husband and I decided to take the jump and buy the Lifetime subscription. Figured it would be worth it, since as long as we stay with the game for a bit over a year we'd already be sdaving money over monthly subscription. Going to need to upgrade one of our computers though, or get a new one, since we keep being told that the game must run at lowered settings because of our hardware >.>

So excited to get started in the head-start period soon ^^

possible tablebreaker

aduidarnenye

If you got a Lifetime, you got a Borg character, correct? I've read they're having issues with them. Is yours running properly?

I'm going to build an alien with all space traits cause the ground stuff doesn't really interest me at present. I'd have gone human because I'm dull but their traits are bad.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

The LT Borg issues should be sorted out now. I have one created for the head start while I wait for my Trill on release.

aduidarnenye

Headstart has been rough. My husband and I only have one working computer really, so we have to take turns. Every time it is my turn the server crashes. I was hoping to get to tier 2 tonight but doesn't look like it will happen (server down again at level 10). Especially since "tonight" is now 9am.

I did find a nice little wiki for the game though: http://stowiki.org/wiki/Main_Page
    Not much there yet but growing and might help people with stuff.

SF Fan circa 1988
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rakiel Kanan
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Argh, just picked up my new cruiser, then disconnected on the way out of Sol Station. Login queues are over 600...looks like I'm waiting until late tonight to play again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast