The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Superbowl LM-XVII - Arizona vs Pittsburgh

Here it is, the classic matchup that noone wanted to see at the beginning of the playoffs. Offense vs Defense, New coach vs Old team, Young vs Old, Retirement Community vs The Steel City...What more could you ask for?

Breaking it down:

Defense: Pitt has an obvious advantage here, but you cannot dismiss the Arizona defense that has been playing absolutely remarkable. With that said, Warner is money against the blitz and you know that the Arizona coaches know whats up, they'll scheme properly.

Running: Pitt has another obvious advantage here. They have a surprisingly good backup in Moore. Like the defense, the Cards have shown improvement in this category in the playoffs. Despite a balanced attack, their running game is still dismal, average less than league average in ypc (needs verification). I don't see them fairing much better in this game.

Special Teams: Both have potential to be explosive on the return game, and both have really good place kickers. I don't really give the nod to either team, I think both play really well on this side of the ball.

Receiving: As obvious a choice this seems to be, don't dismiss the play of the Pitt receivers. Ben has played well and his wideouts play their "non-spectacular" role as good as anyone else. Washington is almost always good for at least 1 50+ yard bomb. Still, the core that Arizona has may be one of the best collections of receivers ever assembled. It's a shame it's as good as gone after this year. Boldin seems healthy, but I don't know how much the whining and bitching will effect playcalling. Advantage still has to go to Arizona though.

Quaterback: Warner has an amazing playoff record. He's lost what, one playoff game ever? Ben is the same way however. Ben is the clutch that Jake Delhomme wishes he could be. It's hard to pick here. Warner is obviously more explosive, great against the blitz, and has the better surrounding peices. I'll give the advantage to Warner

Final Score: Arizona - 24, Pittsburgh - 17

inb4 "Always take defense". I know

Title was crap Tyche.

Arizona - Pittsburgh

Agreed, how can we end the year with such a boring title?!

I'll take Pitt here, gotta play the percentages, however I would love to see 'Zona pull this one out!

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

I didn't feel the need to get too complicated (It's the biggest game!). Plus, it's topical.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I laughed at the title.

Sponsored by Orton
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Picking Arizona because all logic says I should keep picking against them and they keep proving me wrong.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I'll be the first to bite and pick Pittsburgh.

I just think their Defense will pressure the shit out of Warner and cause mistakes leading to Pittsburgh turnovers = win.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Arizona - Pittsburgh

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Go Cards. Hope Warner can bring back some of the magic. Although I still think Steelers will win.

I honestly can't pick, my gut says p-burgh but for some reason I want to root for the cardinals. Either way this will hopefully be a good matchup, that's usually all I can hope for in a super bowl.

Such a tough call. I want Pitt to avenge us over here in Philly, but I hate the steelers so much and think that Fitzgerald will make this game close, that I don't think I wanna call any team.

I just hope that the steelers DC doesn't blow it like Jim Johnson did.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Pitt's gunna take it... =/ sorry to say =D

i just think overall the team has a better feel for each other under pressure dont forget this is the Superbowl not w/e play match. it is a shit ton of pressure..

Arizona 27 - Pittsburgh 24

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Too many taking Arizona. I wanna switch now

Title: "HUBBLE GOTCHU!" (without the quotes, of course [and without "(without the quotes, of course)", of course], etc)
    BG Level

I'm not sure who I think will win but I'm really really really really really hoping Arizona because I really really really really really hate pittsburg.

I'm going to go ahead and say Pittsburgh though. I hope I'm wrong

Edit: I'm kinda mad at Arizona for beating the Eagles, but my hatred of the steelers goes way back to when I was a kid. Go Cardinals!

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

heart says arizona, head says pittsburgh. ill take the skins

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Running: Pitt has another obvious advantage here. They have a surprisingly good backup in Moore. Like the defense, the Cards have shown improvement in this category in the playoffs. Despite a balanced attack, their running game is still dismal, average less than league average in ypc (needs verification). I don't see them fairing much better in this game.
    Both teams have abysmal running games actually. The Cardinals are 3.5 ypc, second to last in the league, and Pittsburg is just ahead at 3.7 ypc. 4th from last.

In the Playoffs, Pittsburg averaged 3.9 ypc vs. the Chargers and 1.9 ypc against the Ravens.
    Arizona averaged 3.1 ypc vs. the Falcons, 3.4 ypc vs. the Panthers, and 3.5 ypc vs. the Eagles.

Both teams just suck on the ground.

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche View Post
    Breaking it down:

Defense: Pitt has an obvious advantage here, but you cannot dismiss the Arizona defense that has been playing absolutely remarkable. With that said, Warner is money against the blitz and you know that the Arizona coaches know whats up, they'll scheme properly.

Final Score: Arizona - 24, Pittsburgh - 17
    Arizona coaches know whats up? Arizona coaches know whats up?!?! THEY'LL scheme properly?!?! Dick Lebeau knows what up. Dick Lebeau will scheme properly. Dick Lebeau has been coaching since Kurt Warner was being bottle-weened, and he's been in football itself longer than the old fart coaches have been alive, and thats saying something, cause Kurt Warner is an old fuck, and I believe Whisenhunt is like 46-48ish?

Oh, and Ben is money in the final 2 minutes of anything. He'll probably find the cure for cancer and bring world peace in the final 2 minutes of his life.

Pittsburgh all the way, 34-13. Not even close.

(I'm biased as shit though.)

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    heart says arizona, head says pittsburgh. ill take the skins
    lol what he said minus the delusions

Sepukku,

I'm approximately 100% positive that Wisenhunt not only knows the Pittsburgh offense, but has a good grasp (100%?) of the Pittsburgh defense, and should be able to effectively plan for all of their stunts and blitzes.

Though I guess I could be wrong, that is, if being a coach on the team you're playing against in the past doesn't count for anything.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast