BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bearclaw Pinnacle ENMs     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Bearclaw Pinnacle ENMs

What would be the best ENM for a RDM and NIN or RNG to do duo?

The RDM's gear is nothing great. Just a standard AH RDM with a few merits. My NIN and RNG is pretty pimped out if that helps. Last night we got the key item, tonight I planned on fighting something. I was originally thinking the Holy Cow ENM, but I have since read that he now double/triple attacks? Is this true? I would imagine this would make him quite hard, catching a double attack when he can hit upwards of 1000 points of damage... Jobs would be RDM/NIN and NIN/WAR or NIN/DNC. I would melee and ele wheel him depending on what stage he was in, RDM would be there for support/debuff and an occasional nuke when he is resisting physical damage.

Then, I was thinking Brothers, let the RDM handle the larger, sleepable Taurus with gravity/sleep/nuke/dot. Could I handle the smaller Taurus solo as a NIN using the elemental wheel? Or would it be better to go in, sleep the bigger Taurus, and kite/nuke the small one down as RNG and RDM?

Just looking for some ideas or which would be our best bet at one of these. Thanks for any replies!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Holy Cow requires near perfection, if you you get hit once you could die or be hit for ~300. It isn't kiteable, so you can't outrun the forms. If you're going to 2box I suggest just using the RDM for DoT/Haste and focusing mainly on your NIN.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Would not be a 2 box. Would be my brother (RDM) and myself (NIN or RNG).

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Brothers is easily doable with a NIN and RDM, but you'll probably have to burn Chainspell to kill the little guy before the big one wakes. Just keep in mind that they are very resistant to debuffs, so they aren't as easy to tank as other ENM mobs.

EDIT: For strat, RDM ES Sleep IIs the big guy, you pull little guy and just melee him down. RDM supports you and helps nuke. Chainspell nuking may not be necessary if your NIN is very well geared for DD, but probably will be otherwise. If big guy wakes, RDM can kite it, but try to finish the little guy first and then take over. Like I said, debuffs won't stick reliably so he's going to get some hits in, but once you're no longer on a 90 second clock it's a breeze.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Would RNG be a better choice for Brothers then? Wing for 100tp at start: Sidewinder > Barrage > EES > Shot > Sidewinder? This plus chainspell (or maybe not even chainspell) would likely knock a very large portion of his HP off correct? Aren't both able to have gravity on them? I would think we could then kite off the smaller ones HP and when it dies, should be pretty easy for the rest of it?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Might work, I'm just posting a working strat that I can personally attest to.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

ES Sleep big one, and yes; I'd go RNG. It has 30 minutes to be completed, so as long as one of you don't get doomed you'll be fine as long as you kill the small one before the big one wakes up. If his nuking gear is good, you may only need Sidewinder > Barrage > Sidewinder. Though, the only times I've done this is as mage duo.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by stewie View Post
    Holy Cow requires near perfection, if you you get hit once you could die or be hit for ~300. It isn't kiteable, so you can't outrun the forms. If you're going to 2box I suggest just using the RDM for DoT/Haste and focusing mainly on your NIN.
    Hmm I duo Holy Cow every 5 days RDM+SAM, it is very easily kitable, gravity and bind are both a joke to stick.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'd do Brothers. Holy Cow is hard work and can go wrong fairly easily. Brothers is straightforward enough. Key is to get one down ASAP. As long as you've done this, even if you had to wipe you'd be ok.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Heh, didn't know it could be bound/grav'd. The only times I ever do it is solo as NIN.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Apis is easy as hell to tank solo on RDM/NIN until he enters a certain form where his attack speed is a lot higher, and then you can just kite for a while. There's a video of a fairly crappy NIN soloing it, so I'm guessing it can't be that difficult to win with the addition of a support job. I'd go for Holy Cow - pretty sure you'd be hard-pressed to take down the Eldertaur in Brothers quickly enough with a gimp RDM (unless it was Taru, but even then).

brothers and holy cow could both probably be duo'd with RDM and NIN

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

the problem w bothers is the bastards can cure themselves. the usual duo strat, w 2 mages who can both e.seal sleep and e.seal silence, involves sleeping big, zerging down little before big wastes, and using e.seal silence towards the end of big so he doesn't just start spamming cures.

w rdm+nin you might be hard pressed to get the little one dead before the big one wakes up, and the big one could cure the little one while its being kited around (you cannot rely on sleep without e.seal at all really). rdm+rng would be the way to go if you are going to try this one, might have a chance to zerg it down quickly enough then.