Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Low Man Dynamis questions     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Low Man Dynamis questions

Looking to potentially start some low man Dynamis (hoping for ~12 people).

Couple questions:

Should I lean towards a more mana burn set up, or is a mixed / melee burn more effective? What are people's experiences with low manning cities + Outlands?

Any info would be awesome

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You can low-man farm any area you want, but you will have pretty much zero chance getting the clears.

San d'Oria - Pretty average run of the mil run, I'd suggest either/or you can use manaburn, melees or mixed. Whenever my LS does a city low-man and we don't bring Black Mages, we have a samurai rotation to use Sekkanoki and Rana > Gekko the statues, which proves to be very efficient. (Can apply to all zones)

Windurst - Manaburn would be fairly effective, the only big thing is you need to make sure that the MNKs get slept quickly because in a Manaburn your BLMs are more than likely going to take hate around the time a MNK 2hrs (This applies to all zones, too. tbh)

Bastok - If your group is smart here you'll be able to actually get a decent amount of stuff done, if you're going with 12 I'd suggest trying to bring 6 or 7 black mages, have your tank pull if the pull will contains scorpions, Round them up, Sentinel, Pop Fealty, than time-ga them down. Be sure to stay a distance of around 18 from the Paladin at all times on those pulls

Jeuno - Manaburn setup would be the most efficient here since if you have a lot of melees on the beastmaster pets (slimes) things can go very wrong, especially in a low-man group.

Beaucedine - You'll be able to get quite a bit done here, I'd suggest a manaburn setup for some of the reasons stated above in other runs.

Xarcabard - you'll be down one TE in that cesspool of eyes unless you're going to go with a manaburn setup (with 6 or 7 BLMs) but your killing speed with the manaburn setup would be a bit faster if you're going to farm the NMs, but I'd try and never take less than 2 BLMs into this run even when lowmanning.

As far as dreamlands go, I've not done enough of those to be able to give any really constructive input, altough my ls can currently farm dreamlands with one good sleeper and an alliance of ~15 with PLD WHM WHM RDM RDM BRD and the rest as DDs.

Best of luck to you~

RDM BRD COR DD/NINx3
    RDM THF/BRD COR BLM BLM BLM

is a pretty effective 12 person setup, DD need to be good with shadow management and pay attention to mob 2hrs... I'd assume you know the basics but just in case you do things differently it's much more important in lowman to do the following:

MNK: blms can gravity, tier 3, sleep2 these and the 2hr will wear off by the time melee get around to it

NIN: stun at 30%, all melee save tp and ws when they see stun

kill order: SMN > BST > BLM > everything else > MNK > WHM

One poorly handled mnk or nin 2hr is going to result in a full wipe 95% of the time with 12 people, everyone needs to pay attention. This setup can get bastok, sandy, and jeuno clears. For windurst, you can manage with ~16 and sac pulls. Beaucedine might be doable with this setup if everyone has great gear and one RDM subs DRK, though 14-16 is safer.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Definitely late to the game on this, but all cities can be cleared with 12 people, and fairly sure Beauc can be cleared with 12 (I've done it with 15, but it was very close). The key to doing it that low is making sure you have a puller that knows what the fuck s/he's doing, isn't afraid to die, and a group that will follow orders without dicking around. If you have 12 people that can do that, then you can at a bare minimum get to Beauc.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Did beauc with 14 and had a couple minutes to spare - save 2 hours for when boss Chainspells and then unload, hope you kill him before he kills too much of your DD

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Sorry for the slight necro; it's applicable.

Did our first run (went okay), but I have a question on Basty...

Pulled 294 (Dynamis Bums #, Basty AH), no time extension.. did I miss somethin? >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Tulun View Post
    Sorry for the slight necro; it's applicable.

Did our first run (went okay), but I have a question on Basty...

Pulled 294 (Dynamis Bums #, Basty AH), no time extension.. did I miss somethin? >.>
    http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/ff.../b/b5/Bas1.jpg
    http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/ff.../9/95/Bas2.jpg
    Those maps have the extensions labelled properly, not sure what dynamis bums' numbering is but that should clear it up anyway.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

It was 019 (294). Pull netted no extension

that's definitely an extension, maybe you missed it or just had a glitch idk

Here's my experience since for the last 2 months I've been doing cities with 12 (if im lucky), but mostly less.

Sandy: The easiest to 12-or-less man IMO. 2 BLM, 1 RDM, ~3 big DD+THF, 1 WHM, 1-2 BRD is what I usually ended up with and you can come clear a decent amount of mobs for coins this way. With 18 you can get boss NP.

Bastok: Less than 12, most I had was ...7, 3 melee including THF, 2 blm, 1 brd, 1 rdm. Went terribly. The chocobo stables pull with all the scorpions fucked us over. 12+ would probably be great for this zone since Quads are easy enough.

Jeuno: 12 or so mix and match, if everyone is on their game, you probably won't get to boss but you can clear a fair amount (Not worth it with <18 even for coins imo) Full on manaburn would probably work better.

Windy: Haven't low-man'd yet.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Windy sucks even with a big group, I'd tear my hair out lowmanning it I'm sure

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Tulun View Post
    It was 019 (294). Pull netted no extension
    I believe this was moved to #018 a while back. One run we didn't get the TE like we usually did, so killed 18 and got it from that instead, and its been like that for a while now.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

^

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I'm not sure why people were saying that Beaucedine is close with 14, you can clear MB with 10 minutes left easy with 14 modestly geared players, shouldn't be any problem to clear with 12.

Sandy you can do win with 12 easily. Windurst the lowest I've done win with is 15, but less would be doable. Bastok with a decent setup could be 12 manned, but I've only done win with as low as 15. Jeuno is piss easy, and can be done with 12 for win manaburn or mix.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Anyone know where I can get the strategies for each Dyna zone?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Dynamisbums and dynamislounge both have the spawn maps and basic strategies for each area. If you are looking for pull by pull strats I have never seen or heard of one for cities / bcd. Considered common knowledge but also not too difficult as long as you consider statues link by sight and are prepared for what is pulled. Dyna xarcarbard there is thread in this section for low manning. Also there are threads for each CoP zone as well that are dead on. Only city that can/will give you problems is windy. Personally I think Windy is harder that Glacier or Bubu and outside of the nasty bosses you could toss Valk and Qufim in there as well.

If you are new to it, there will be some trial and error but just plow through it.

Best of Luck

Minihex