So is this the Suteki on Siren?

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Popeh View Post
    I THOUGHT YOU WERE BUSY!
    I WAS

But I had a moment and saw an AV thread and decided that if I have this shitty title, I better actually follow through with it.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Interesting...

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

That is correct, the same Suteki that took Scholar to 75 in under 48 hours after WotG release.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin View Post
    Strangely, though it has surely been said, I do not think I've seen it tested.
    Quick someone go back and check the AV video and match up the jobs that did 2hours alongside with AV with their respective torques

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Nattack View Post
    wait.

so in all this time did nobody think "hay , maybe the sea torques have something to do with AV?"

well. Speculations aside I'd like to see someone bring this mystery of how SE wants you to kill AV specifically. because apparently theres only one way to do it that is less than 2 hours from JoL's pop, and if you find another way, its totallypatched
    It has been suggested and tried... sort of. People have fought AV with torques, people have tried to two hour to match his after the video came out. I don't think anybody has actually put the two together or have lived long enough to notice a random two hour that might be locked and realize it. Everyone just wanted to lock benediction and manafont and got frustrated when they couldn't. I doubt many blms and whms were wearing sea torques when they tried. A different two hour could easily have been locked and nobody noticed. Anyhow, it's worth a shot.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

The PUP theory doesn't make much sense considering AV came before PUP.

Then again trying to make much sense out of AV seems silly, so it'll probably work.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    Quick someone go back and check the AV video and match up the jobs that did 2hours alongside with AV with their respective torques
    How the hell would you get that without checking their equipment?

With milk. With love
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Suteki, Barlog, Slayer... pretty much the entire lot of Priceless works for/contributes to Famitsu in one form or another. I'm just suprised they didn't come forward with this information sooner. Also, there is a rumor that they have a PW kill under their belt, but it's never been confirmed.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ramses View Post
    It has been suggested and tried... sort of. People have fought AV with torques, people have tried to two hour to match his after the video came out. I don't think anybody has actually put the two together or have lived long enough to notice a random two hour that might be locked and realize it. Everyone just wanted to lock benediction and manafont and got frustrated when they couldn't. I doubt many blms and whms were wearing sea torques when they tried. A different two hour could easily have been locked and nobody noticed. Anyhow, it's worth a shot.
    Not to mention, if the torque needed to lock corresponds to weapons, then it gets all screwy, with DRK needing fort torque, not justice torque, and other such weird things.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    How the hell would you get that without checking their equipment?
    I do not mean check their equipment... check the 2HR used by AV along with the jobs that responded and see if it matches the jobs that can use the respective weapon/torque...

For instance:

AV uses Manafont

Manafont = BLM
    Prudence Rod = WHM and BLM therefore Prudence Torque

In the video does a WHM bene and a BLM manafont?

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    I do not mean check their equipment... check the 2HR used by AV along with the jobs that responded and see if it matches the jobs that can use the respective weapon/torque...

For instance:

AV uses Manafont

Manafont = BLM
    Prudence Rod = WHM and BLM therefore Prudence Torque

In the video does a WHM bene and a BLM manafont?
    That's the portion of it which was really obvious, what hasn't been confirmed is if the torques were tried.

Banned.

BG Level

wouldn't this be a kick in the nuts, nice time to get banned QQ

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by residue View Post
    wouldn't this be a kick in the nuts, nice time to get banned QQ
    You know if something this simple turns out to be the answer, I think the rest of us should be banned for not figuring it out in 4 years

Quote Originally Posted by Kimiko View Post
    Suteki, Barlog, Slayer... pretty much the entire lot of Priceless works for/contributes to Famitsu in one form or another. I'm just suprised they didn't come forward with this information sooner. Also, there is a rumor that they have a PW kill under their belt, but it's never been confirmed.
    aka they haven't killed PW.

Enjoy your wiping to AV.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer View Post
    That's the portion of it which was really obvious, what hasn't been confirmed is if the torques were tried.
    Right, I was simply responding to the "How would you check their gear" comment.

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

guess i can have my ls try this friday if no one else does by then

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Everyone mentioned Weapons, everyone mentioned torques, everyone knew about the 2hrs. People tried 2hr + weapon, but i dont really remember anyone trying torque +2hr (+ weapon)

EternalBlowJob
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I've never heard anything about the torque thing. It might explain the horrid drop rates of them D :

Quote Originally Posted by Kimiko View Post
    This must be a recent development on his part, or perhaps just not published until now.

The origin of this theory is a column he writes called "AVを倒す!" or Defeat AV! He would basically chronicle the attempts of his linkshell to defeat Absolute Virtue, and throw in a little something on a specific Sea Jailer. However, once AV was completely reworked by SE, the earlier columns became a little pointless. Also, until now, most of it contained attempts at theories already common throughout the NA community.

This is entry #8 in his series, and I felt it contained the first working theory that hadn't been hammered to death on various forums. The PUP theory is thrown in for completeness sake - it seems unlikely that it does anything, although it is strange that only PUP was added to Jailer Weapons... and to the staff of all pieces.

Apparently, next month's issue will contain the results of this theory put into practice. If someone wants to beat him to the punch, then by all means :D

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast