Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dragonball Online MMO     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

If there's a story line, there would be an AV type boss, probably brolly or a ressurected Goku/Vegeta of some sort, in SSJ4 Mode, or Gorilla (Gold) mode, and needs to be taken down by 128+ players at once.

If players have it, they can use Spirit Bomb which which will 1 hit KO the boss, but needs 1000 players online at once, and you need to do a server shout for people to raise their hands to give you power (which will regenerate back slowly over 2-6 hours or via a tic tac (senzu?))

The possibilities are endess!!!!!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I don't see that system working as a mainstream popular MMO, but I can see it taking a chunk of players away from some other game they're playing and spending time on there. It's a neat idea, but I don't think it works out too well with random joe retard.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I heard about a DBZ MMO a few years ago, so nice to see some actual footage now

Banned.

BG Level

Not really interested because it won't be able to capture the spirit of the original Dragonball. Actually I'll be surprised if they can even imitate Dragonball Z power-up fest.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

There are trailers up on some websites. Looks like you run around fighting those stupid dinosaurs and you can travel through time to assist with major battles. In the video they go assist goku against vegeta.

As I beavered away...
    BG Level

As much as I hate to admit it, it looks pretty interesting. Although, it seems more like it's own game instead of something really based on DBZ. I would have been much more interested in a pre-Dragonball era game where you could play as Saiyans.

Couldn't you fly and then use energy attacks to kill ground-type creatures without the risk of getting attacked though?

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    There are trailers up on some websites. Looks like you run around fighting those stupid dinosaurs and you can travel through time to assist with major battles. In the video they go assist goku against vegeta.

http://www.wikicheats.com/images/6/6...le_artwork.PNG

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    Not really interested because it won't be able to capture the spirit of the original Dragonball. Actually I'll be surprised if they can even imitate Dragonball Z power-up fest.
    ---

(in city)

/sh LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO FUSE WITH (max) POWER LEVEL 15966 FIGHTER
    --
    --
    /sh SURE I'LL FUSE WITH YOU, MEDIC (max) POWER LEVEL 19604
    /sh GATHER AT THE CAPSULE SHOP
    --
    --
    /p Ok you we gotta match our powers, lets power up first before fusing!
    /p Sure!
    Command --> Power up
    (in game grunts/moans)
    /p STOP STOP, YOU'RE OVER MY MAX LEVEL
    /p OK OK OK
    (rocks/debris/wind builds up and fades)

---

.... I really don't know anymore

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arista Flora
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
    ---

(in city)

/sh LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO FUSE WITH (max) POWER LEVEL 15966 FIGHTER
    --
    --
    /sh SURE I'LL FUSE WITH YOU, MEDIC (max) POWER LEVEL 19604
    /sh GATHER AT THE CAPSULE SHOP
    --
    --
    /p Ok you we gotta match our powers, lets power up first before fusing!
    /p Sure!
    Command --> Power up
    (in game grunts/moans)
    /p STOP STOP, YOU'RE OVER MY MAX LEVEL
    /p OK OK OK
    (rocks/debris/wind builds up and fades)

---

.... I really don't know anymore
    FU-SION-HA!

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

This is JUST now coming out? Damn, I remember seeing screens for this when FFXI first started. This took a long ass time.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

This looks a lot like Aion with the customizable things and what not. Granted they're both made in korea

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudius View Post
    FU-SION-HA!
    (ends up all fat)

YOU FUCKED UP N00B

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

LMFAO, I hope to god Fusion is a part of the game too, totally forgot about that. The scenarios you suggested about Spirit Bomb and Fusion are actually pretty funny. It'd be cool if there weren't a level system and you really did just have a max power level or something but I think, since there are classes like healers/engineers that there will need to be some sort of leveling system as opposed to a straight 'power level' system, as appealing as a raw power level sounds. Not to mention the possibility of being able to say that one's power level exceeds that of 9000 points.

I also really like the graphical style the game seems to be headed towards, the cel shaded style seems nice and I can see it being a fun casual MMO to play. I don't think I would go into expecting some hardcore endgame focused game, more like a fun little MMO I'd play during my free time or between classes sometimes.

I agree with the responses about it feeling like forever ago we heard about this. I remember just seeing screenshots awhile ago but it definitely looks like it's headed in a good direction and, with it's release being PC and 360, we can expect it not to be a total flop and actually have some pretty good support (i.e. they are taking it seriously and taking their time to ensure the game is polished and appealing, to those interested at least).

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Ah another extension of fusion I can think of is:

I'll go around as a Namek, pwn all the other Namek players, and force them to fuse with me (for those who forgot/are unsure, Piccolo fuses with Nail while keeping his apperance, and later on Kami to obtain huge power boosts) to greatly increase my power level (exp?)

WHO WANTS TO POWER LEVEL ME AND GET A HEADSTART. WE CAN PWN EVERYONE TOGETHER (and then once we've pwned everyone I will attempt to pwn you, or be pwned)

Anyway it's an interesting concept but there's probably limitations everywhere. Mweh.

The engineer classes thing erks me. On one hand I can only imagine it to be similar to Ultimate Battle 22/Shin Butouden's Satan, where he lobs grenades as his standard fireball (no power cost either) and pulls out rockets/bazookas as his specials (which also cost no power and is immensely powerful when spammed)....