+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dragonball Online MMO     submit to reddit submit to twitter

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Dragonball Online MMO

Okay, not sure how big the interest is for this on BG but it definitely deserves it's own thread.

Basically, it's an MMO based on the Dragonball Universe 1000 years after Goku and Co. Therefore, saiyan blood is diluted into the human race and you have: Humans, Namekians and Majins as the playable classes. The system is pretty basic and there are what seem to be some classes among the races.

Playable Races and Classes

Human

Martial Artist - Fighters who specialize in martial arts, comparable to characters like Yamucha, Kuririn, or Tenshinhan.
    Spiritualist - Mystics who specialize in spiritual techniques, like Chaozu.
    Engineer - Mechanics and inventors who build weapons and utilize technology, much like Bulma.

Namekian

* Dragon Clan - Members of the Namekian support caste which have special abilities including healing, such as Dende or Kami.
    * Warrior - Members of the Namekian warrior caste, which includes Piccolo and Nail.

Majin

* Strange Majin - Slender, evil-looking Majin who have a similar appearance to Majin Buu's original, pure form.
    * Large Majin - Fat, happy-looking Majin who resemble Majin Buu's good form.
    This is what really caught my interest though and made me actually excited for it's release:

Players will additionally have access to weapons, including gloves, guns, and staves as well as to Bukujutsu, the ability to fly using chi energy.

The marriage system: is a system characterized by alternation of generations, where players can get married and have their children and they rely on their offspring to continue their adventures in the game. Players can only acquire new abilities through alternation of generations.
    So basically, you have to propagate in order to progress, and you actually start as a kid and age as time goes on to a full adult where you marry and have children of your own. That just seems so cool to me and it's so simple yet hasn't been done before, or at least on something remotely popular available to a larger audience.

The developers are beta testing it on the 360 and PC and are preparing for a release in the US sometime soon this year I'd suspect.

Dragonball Online MMO - News
    Dragonball Online MMO - News
    YouTube - Dragonball Z Online MMORPG Gameplay

I can't seem to find an official website for it though in my limited searching.

Black Belt
    BG Level

No playable saiyan race? What the fuck is the point of even playing this game then?

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    No playable saiyan race? What the fuck is the point of even playing this game then?
    How would there be Saiyans when there were only like 3 Half-Saiyans at the end of DBZ to reproduce. They died out. Besides, if Saiyans were somehow a playable race there'd be a million Goku/Vegeta proxies running around shouting "KAMEHAMEHA" and "Kakarot!". For all intents and purposes the humans are the saiyans, just going by a different name to keep the story somewhat plausible and not retarded.

This is all pointless discussion though, the game looks great and if you really want to be a saiyan just be a human with spikey hair, geez.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    How would there be Saiyans when there were only like 3 Half-Saiyans at the end of DBZ to reproduce. They died out. Besides, if Saiyans were somehow a playable race there'd be a million Goku/Vegeta proxies running around shouting "KAMEHAMEHA" and "Kakarot!". For all intents and purposes the humans are the saiyans, just going by a different name to keep the story somewhat plausible and not retarded.

This is all pointless discussion though, the game looks great and if you really want to be a saiyan just be a human with spikey hair, geez.
    Read those two bolded part, and you should just concede to my point now and save both of us the argument.

A. Body
    BG Level

They kinda promised though. ;-;
    They obviously scrapped it and substituted Buus to completely fuck the canon.

Anyway, if I can fly & shoot shit, then it's all cool in the school.

Black Belt
    BG Level

So basically, you have to propagate in order to progress, and you actually start as a kid and age as time goes on to a full adult where you marry and have children of your own. That just seems so cool to me and it's so simple yet hasn't been done before, or at least on something remotely popular available to a larger audience.
    Mabinogi called, they want their shitty system back.

A. Body
    BG Level

Buus & Nameks better be able to completely side-step that shit.

OT: Wtf is that sig from, Zilong?

Black Belt
    BG Level

A touhou doujin

Anyway, the majins are created, and nameks spits their offspring as an egg yoshi style.

Seriously, if artificial race are a go, can we at least get the fucking androids? They make more sense in the setting than majins for starter.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

They'll probably add more races later on, Androids would obviously be coming this is just the skeleton of the game in it's current stage. I was also dissapointed that there was no saiyan race at first as well since Transforming is what makes DBZ so fun;

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Is power level capped at 9000? Or over? seriously

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Leb View Post
    They'll probably add more races later on, Androids would obviously be coming this is just the skeleton of the game in it's current stage. I was also dissapointed that there was no saiyan race at first as well since Transforming is what makes DBZ so fun;
    Yeah, the game isn't even out yet in Korea, I don't think, so it's not anything to get upset over.

Read those two bolded part, and you should just concede to my point now and save both of us the argument.
    Concede to what point? You came in the thread and immediately bitched about a lack of saiyans. I gave you a reason why there shouldn't be any and as an extra addage mentioned the fact that you could be a human with spikey hair if that's your dish. You're either trolling or genuinely stupid, either way you aren't worth the time.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Wasn't this announced as "in planning" like... a long time ago?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Wasn't this announced as "in planning" like... a long time ago?
    Yeh, too long ago now.

Thinking about it right now, I fear for the playerbase.

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Most kids who watched DBZ are now at least 17 or 18 though if you think about it. Been a long time since it aired on television at least 5 years or so now?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yes that's true but the primary retarded arguments will eventually be the subject of interest:

1. Strongest character in series
    2. Vegetto - did he go Super Saiyan 2
    3. Dragonball AF
    4. Thanks to the current generation of games, millions of what ifs
    5. Over 9000 all over again ("hey what's your (power) level?")

Some that scarred me for a while when I frequented Dragonball forums... (1-3)

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
    5. Over 9000 all over again ("hey what's your (power) level?")
    This is what I'm most worried about. It's never been funny, people.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I'm amused that you have to have kids to progress.

I can just see it now

/shout POWERLEVEL 10,000 RANK 10 SPIRIT BOMB. 50,000 CREDITS TO BE YOUR BABY DADDY.

Or worse.

/shout Please have my kids. I got roofies w ok?

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

This actually looks pretty good, I just hope the leveling system is similar to WoW, and not a grind-fest....Namekian warrior FTW though!

The marriage system sounds like a trip...I'll make my namekian a man-whore and over-populate the world with half human/namekian kids.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk View Post
    Yeah, the game isn't even out yet in Korea, I don't think, so it's not anything to get upset over.

Concede to what point? You came in the thread and immediately bitched about a lack of saiyans. I gave you a reason why there shouldn't be any and as an extra addage mentioned the fact that you could be a human with spikey hair if that's your dish. You're either trolling or genuinely stupid, either way you aren't worth the time.
    You honestly believed that there won't be millions of goku/vegeta proxy/clone running around in a dragon ball MMO without the saiyan race playable

You then go and suggested that I roll a human with spiky hair to be a saiyan proxy.

See the problem here?

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

You honestly believed that there won't be millions of goku/vegeta proxy/clone running around in a dragon ball MMO without the saiyan race playable

You then go and suggested that I roll a human with spiky hair to be a saiyan proxy.

See the problem here?
    Congratulations you somehow managed to fail at following the conversation.

You first said "No Saiyans = I'm not playing." with no semblance of any point or argument. I then had to deduce what your reasoning was so, I suggested having Saiyans as a race would not only be awkward to explain but encourage the sort of activity described in my reply. The bit about creating a "spikey haired character" wasn't directed at you it was directed at the proposed person who was upset about Saiyans not being a race choice because, besides the 'look' of a saiyan, there is no reason to be upset about their lack of inclusion. And since we have humans that can essentially look and act like a "Saiyan" you aren't losing anything by not being able to click a little button during character creation that says "Saiyan".

In short, there's no argument here; you're just being picky or attempting, poorly, to troll.