+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Awesome Zombie Movies you've seen?

Okay, one of my favorite Zombie movies is Shaun of the Dead, followed by 28 Days Later.

What are some of your favorite Zombie movies, or what are some really awesome ones? I'm a huge Zombie-movie fan but I really don't know what the best ones out there are and I love watching them for some reason.

Foreign films are okay too.

Dawn of the Dead (2004) is pretty good, apart from that I can't name that many zombie movies that I enjoy. They're either not scary or just not good. Then again, zombies stopped being scary ages ago. 28 Days Later is my favourite though, so anything better is hard to find.

BG's Official Canucks Fan
    BG Level

Although many people don't consider it a true zombie film, I still liked The Cemetary Man. Also Zombie Strippers was good but only because it was funny as hell, same with Fido.

Edit: Does anyone truly find zombie movies scary? I always thought people watched them for the gore and the post-apocalypse scenarios?

Ridill
    BG Level

ive never found true zombie movies scary. mostly because I end up saying to myself " who the hell couldnt just walk away from any zombie. theyre so slow all you have to do is make sure you dont trap yourself in a building or somehow end up in the middle of some moshpit type scenerio where your totally surrounded by 100+ of them.

that being said 28days I liked.
    I'm still pissed how night of the living dead ended with the guy getting shot.

evil dead series?

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

where should I begin.

Dead Alive: Peter jacksons first film this movie is halarious and has a decent size cult following. Bascially Shawn of the dead has this movie to thank.

Shawn of the dead: one of the more comedic genius films made in the last 10 years. Awesome blend of Horror, Drama, and Comedy.

Dawn of the dead (original): Was one of the best movies I've seen in the horror genre has alot of social commentary that sadly was lost on some people.

28 days later: HOLY FAST RUNNING ZOMBIES. whats fucking scarier then that?

Dawn of the dead (remake): While it had very little if any resemblance to the original and lacked the social commentary the original had it was still well done and entertaining.

Shawn of the dead is definitely my favorite though.

[REC]
    Don't settle for the bull shit American adaptation called Quarantine.

I tried findign [REC] (record?) on blockbuster so they could mail it to me, but they don't have it. Where did you find your copy at?

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

I'm sure you can watch it online for free. at least thats what I did.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    E'jusana Rhea
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinox View Post

Dead Alive:

Shawn of the dead:

Dawn of the dead

28 days later:

Shawn of the dead is definitely my favorite though.
    same here :D
    i am trying to remember this zombie film i saw years ago. i watched it while on heavy painkillers and was totally tripped out but i remember it being probably the shittest movie i have ever watched. but all i can remember now is that i think it was australian and it had zombie fish in it

and do the evil dead films count as zombie films?

I'd rather rent it and watch it on a big 50" tv than a 17 CRT monitor... I'll see if I can find it on amazon used or something I guess

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Draggy View Post
    same here :D
    i am trying to remember this zombie film i saw years ago. i watched it while on heavy painkillers and was totally tripped out but i remember it being probably the shittest movie i have ever watched. but all i can remember now is that i think it was australian and it had zombie fish in it

and do the evil dead films count as zombie films?

Movie you're thinking is Undead.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Død snø (2009)

Dead Snow - Evil Nazi Zombies! fear!

Edit: Braindead of course

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I have [REC], planning on watching it with the GF soon. So that Nazi Zombie pic was really a movie? Fucking awesome...

And no, zombie movies don't scare me... I just find them to be fascinating... not only that... it's hilarious to see how stupid people are when they get overwhelmed by creatures that move at a snail's pace (not counting recent movies where they run at the speed of stupidity).

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

iirc they haven't found a studio to back the Nazi zombie movie. So all they have is a website with the kickass trailer

Firstly, heres a link to a shop on Amazon with the DVD.
    Amazon.com: Used and New: [Rec] (2008 Spanish Movie) (all-region)
    Secondly, fuck yes. They just wrapped shooting last month.
    http://www.firstshowing.net/img/rec2-tsr-poster-big.jpg

Chenzhen

I ususally don't go for these kind of movies, but I liked Army of Darkness and Planet Terror.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinox View Post
    iirc they haven't found a studio to back the Nazi zombie movie. So all they have is a website with the kickass trailer
    Not sure how to interpret that statement?

If you refer to the post and link I made; and mean that they haven't found a studio in the US to distribute it, very possible.

The movie is playing in theatres here (Norway) though

BG's Official Canucks Fan
    BG Level

I totally forgot about the best zombie show that came out in 2008. If it ever gets a DVD release in the North America I'm sure it will become huge.

Everyone must see Dead Set

Download the torrent here(Demonoid torrent link)

Such a good show, takes place on the UK Big Brother set. Very funny, but very gory too.