Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ix'Aern Drk PS Glitch/Fault?

Just woundering if Anyone who plays playstation version has ever had this problem:
    Friday LS farmed Ix'Aern Drk, Everytime 3players (playing PS version) Went into the middile of the area while we was fighting an Aern they Would DC'd, they all stated there screen just went completely blank?
    Anyone else have this problem!!

Question: if a player Dc's as u kill an Aern, is it possible 2 get the message, and click ??? for it 2 Pop after relogging on?

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

its a glitch that can happen in sea. Happened to me a few times at jailers and ix'drg. Its very inconvenient since it seems to happen at the most crucial moments. From what I know it only happens to ps2 users. Not sure what the exact cause is but I do know mobs were being fought or just popped at the time never happens when we are just walking around. Allways happens indoors never had it happen in the outside area.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I haven't tried this one Xbox yet, but I have a few friends who want capes so I'll report on this as soon as I find out. However, I do know that on Xbox, I typically freeze up within 5-10 minutes of Besieged ending. I tried standing in a spot where there was no crowd too. Tried about 5 times and I have just given up. Does this happen to them on PS2 also?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misa Amane
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Okan View Post
    I haven't tried this one Xbox yet, but I have a few friends who want capes so I'll report on this as soon as I find out. However, I do know that on Xbox, I typically freeze up within 5-10 minutes of Besieged ending. I tried standing in a spot where there was no crowd too. Tried about 5 times and I have just given up. Does this happen to them on PS2 also?
    I had that problem a lot too with besieged. I usually tried to stay out of the middle area where no one would be and the game froze up into like little rainbow pixels every other time I went to participate. Was really annoying. I know that the Sea thing has been a problem a for a long time like the above poster said, idk I guess the best thing to do is to send a form into SE and see if they do something about it. ;x

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I play on my PS3 and I have that problem. I think a ability that the Aern uses is the problem, but since I always get disconnected I'm not sure which ability it is that causes it. I'm not sure if this is a problem with playing the PS2 version on the PS3, or if it's just a problem with the PS2 version itself, but I've sent a bug report into SE.

As a side note I also have a problem when using the teleporter in Whitegate. I get locked up about 20% of the time when using the teleporter when I'm on my PS3, but I never had the same problem when I was playing on my PS2. I'm fairly sure that's an emulater problem, and not an issue with the software itself.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So far 0 lock ups using the teleporter on Xbox.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

i've had glitch in sea as well on ps2. only inside, and only while fighting. it has not been just while fighting arens for me tho , i had it happen on the indoor jailer who is a pot (it was 2 years ago, i forget the name). some ppl in my ls at the time speculated it was some blu spell that was dcing us actually, but we never figured it out decisively. was only inside in sea while fighting in an alliance, never while just running around in that zone.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

yea, it happens, a lot. i personally have fought JoFaith for 4hrs (dont ask, long story) and it didnt happen until the last 5%. Also any time my LS was camping IxDrg or IxDrk. One particularly bad night, it happened to us every other mob, and we'd lose 1/2 our alliance.

After speaking with a GM, he said it was a known issue, but to contact Services & Support to file a report. I just gave up on SE fixing shit at that point. A know problem, having been in existence since Sea was released, and they haven't fixed it yet.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

The message can last a while, I'd say possibly even 10-15 minutes, as I remember a few times getting the message, the ??? despawning and running around frantically to try and spawn it, and get people there.

I may be wrong (and this was a long time ago) however.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

This happens to the PS players in our shell all the time. When it happens, they all go at once and usually at a pretty bad time. It is kind of funny, though to see 5 people red dot at once. I think it has to do with a specific Aern move as mentioned above.

ahnalia

This happens to us all the time. It seems to be triggered by one of the aern's TP moves, but I can't remember which one.
    We had the same problem Snprphnx had where every other fight half the alliance would mass d/c.
    We also called a GM and was told that it is a known issue, and they are "investigating", but with SE who knows how long that will take =/

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

This happened to a few of my LS members when we were farming ix'drg. At first we thought maybe it was a WS the Aerns were using or something, but even with all of the filters on they still dced at the same times. Really annoying tbh

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This has been an issue for four years now. It is NOT an aern move, it can happen at indoor jailers also. It will not happen in low man situations, it only happens with alliances. It is pretty much just too much stuff going on that results in the black screen of death for ps2/3 users.

Banned.

BG Level

Back when I started playing ffxi I was on PS2, but I moved to PC before I got sea, however I had always heard of this happening to people and I always thought it was just an ongoing joke for people who didn't want to camp Ix'drg, until I saw it happen for myself lol. I'm surprised no one has figured out whats causing this after all these years, but then again only newbs play on PS2/3!

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ramses View Post
    This has been an issue for four years now. It is NOT an aern move, it can happen at indoor jailers also. It will not happen in low man situations, it only happens with alliances. It is pretty much just too much stuff going on that results in the black screen of death for ps2/3 users.
    Thats not true. I lowball drg ix with only 3-4 blms and never an alliance and at least 2x, i got the black screen AS SOON as the NM popped. I 2 box another blm on xbox 360 and that tune never dcs either. Just some programming or glitch within ps2/3 players only it seems.

MaachaQ

I have had this problem on both PS2 and PS3, and it still happens for anyone in my shell still using those systems (I am now on PC most of the time).

As a mage I used to be able to avoind the disconnect/blackscreen by turning my camera away from the mob so it is not on my screen at all. This would probably only work for WHMs though, who can target ppl for cures using pt/ally and not by directly targetting.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

happen on IxDRG as well