+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: DBZ remake incoming.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

That's probably why animes got shorter. FLCL, Cowboy Bebop, even Rurouni Kenshin only ran for.. 90 something episodes I think? Not including the OVAs. I'm sure there are more but I don't watch anime much anymore.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

i give it a yay

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Aristio View Post
    Only in Japan? /sad panda

Are the original characters going to be in it, or are we getting a whole new cast? Anyway, I'm excited about it, always liked the DBZ series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiro View Post
    That's probably why animes got shorter. FLCL, Cowboy Bebop, even Rurouni Kenshin only ran for.. 90 something episodes I think? Not including the OVAs. I'm sure there are more but I don't watch anime much anymore.
    Well Bleach and Naruto are still so god damn long. Same with One Piece. Granted One Piece is awesome, but even that's getting too long. Detective Conan is loooong as fuck too. 500+ episodes at least.

It's trendy to have shorter anime though. 26 episodes is nice. Even the 12-13 episode ones are great.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Same. I used to sit around and just do this, but it became uh... repetitive? If that is the word I'm looking for. Or just predictable which totally drained the excitement out of watching it. You could usually tell who the good guy, bad guy, and the guy who was going to die with in the first half of the first episode...

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Sorry, while I did find the Gohan/Cell beam duel emotional, I didn't find it exciting as in it got my blood rushing a bit like the fast fighting of Goku/Cell and Piccolo/17. All of them are cool in general anyway but these fast paced ones are more my style, hehe.

Yep, pretty much. All I do now is rewatch old animes and anime movies. I will rarely watch a new anime. The most recent anime I watched that was "new" to me was Karas - The Prophecy. And holy fucking christ is that movie awesome.

Edit: Only thing in DBZ that really got my blood rushing was when I bought a VHS and it showed the Trunks "special" in the little previews they had. I pretty much shat myself.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

AH you're like me then, I don't watch new anime either.

DB/DBZ, GT to an extent
    Ranma
    Slam Dunk
    Yuyu Hakusho
    and a few other weird ones that people never heard of:
    Yamato Takeru and Cooking Master Boy, Bomberman (of some series, i know there's plenty), there's a few other cantonese dubbed ones I don't know the english name of...

oh, that kid .... I forgot the name ... rude kid .... red shirt .... damn I really forgot the name >< ...

Yu Yu Hakusho is awesome. Drawing style is pretty oldschool, but that Dark Tournament bit was HOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT EPIC. Hiei is the original badass of anime. I ACCEPT NO ONE ELSE.

Edit: Lol, wtf. Shin-chan?

Alleya: It's yea, not yay, you fucktards.

Now that's out of the way, a huge yay for me. I love DBZ, and the OVA they put out last year left me wanting something exactly like this. If they cut out the bullshit, make the fights exciting (I don't care that much about recycled frames that much) with some quality animation and art, I'll be happy.

They should remake some of the movies as well, I'd love to see something like Brolly again GT style.

Would be cool if they remade some of the movies. Tree of Might and the first Brolly one would be my picks. (Or that Super Android 13 (or 15, whatever he was) movie).

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

There, I fixed yea, I always forget that since I use it for "yes" and always use "yay/nay";

And on topic, I'm not 100% sure if I am for or against this yet since I watched the series when I was in like middle school and always rushed home off that bus to catch toonami during the Buu Saga, remember video taping that shit on blank VHS tapes and being all WOOHOO.

Also, I need to find a .gif of my avatar.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

YES! Shinchan, that's the one. I haven't seen the English but the Catonese dub got it all more or less the same jokes so it was fun.

Honestly have to say Gohan vs Perfect cell was one of my favorite fights, for the emotion if nothing else. Also, Goku vs Pikkon was short, but it was pretty decent.

As for short but awesome anime, Trigun anyone?

I haven't watched Trigun in years, I don't even remember how long it was. I just remember Knives and.. uhh, the dude with the cross full o' weapons.

Outlaw Star! Har, just remembered that one.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Sounds like a huge improvement if they are taking it from 291 - 100 episodes... they make take out a few things, but the show is filled w/ so much filler and useless buildup moments (everyone taking 5 minutes to stare at the person after they powered up - before any action is taken) that I can only see this as an improvement if they did nothing else aside the above

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I hated that Great Saiyan Man crap. It can very easily be shrunken down to 100 episodes without losing too much of what everybody loved.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Shin-Chan: Ass Dance! Ass Dance!

Also, "To be a man you must have honor and a peeeeeenis~ OoooOOoooooo~"

Anyway. D:Trigun was fun for the first half.. and then it went ULTRA SERIOUS MODE FOR ULTRA SERIOUS ONLY. That was sort of eh. Wolfwood = guy with the cross full of weapons. Knives was fun.

Outlaw Star was fucking hot shit though. I loved that series to death.

As far as DBZ Movies.. Tree of Might was pretty entertaining. The Android one was good as well. Also, you guys remember the one with the big, muscular green guy? Bojack I think. Bojack Unbound I believe it's called. That one was awesome for Gohan in it and what not.

All the Broly movies were entertaining, especially the latter two with Goten/Trunks in the lead roles.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I haven't watched Trigun in years, I don't even remember how long it was. I just remember Knives and.. uhh, the dude with the cross full o' weapons.

Outlaw Star! Har, just remembered that one.
    Trigun had 2 season and was only ~35 episodes long and one of the, if not the best animes ever. Also had the goddamn Black Power Ranger as the voice actor of Vash in the dub.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

26 episodes of trigun, trust me i know. favorite anime of all time, watched it 50 million times, vash, wolfwood (guy with cross), knifes (vash's brother), legato (blue haired bad ass). TRIGUN > ALL!!