• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread

Need help with hosting games warcraft 3 and Norton Internet Security

So I did the proper things on my router to allow ports 6112 - 6119 but now I don't know what to do with norton to let me host game plz halp

Relic Shield
    BG Level

You'll need to go into the firewall section of Norton, find Warcraft 3 and add an exception to allow all traffic. Alternatively, if you can just whitelist select port ranges on norton you could do it that way.

Also make sure Windows Firewall is disabled, as that only causes problems when you want to allow incoming connections.

Quote Originally Posted by Blabj View Post
    You'll need to go into the firewall section of Norton, find Warcraft 3 and add an exception to allow all traffic. Alternatively, if you can just whitelist select port ranges on norton you could do it that way.

Also make sure Windows Firewall is disabled, as that only causes problems when you want to allow incoming connections.
    added it to allow all traffic still dont work

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Turn off Norton (probably is a temporary disable feature) and give it a go. Mayhaps the problem is elsewhere, like if you are behind a router that you'd need to forward ports on (probable, if you are hosting over the net).

Didn't work maybe I'm doing it wrong?

The Wang
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Furt Wangler
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

if it didnt work after disabling norton then your problem is elsewhere. put your computer on the DMZ of your router temporarily and try again, if that works something with your router port settings need to be fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Furtwangler View Post
    if it didnt work after disabling norton then your problem is elsewhere. put your computer on the DMZ of your router temporarily and try again, if that works something with your router port settings need to be fixed
    I tried both just going to assume that my school network won't let me