Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I saw AC and I thought you meant Armored Core. I was like who the fuck would want to see that.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I thought he meant Armored Core (did a double take, then read the quote) as well and who would? I would.

Sponsored by Orton
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    I think Metal Gear Solid doesn't really work as a movie. MGS3 might, but the rest are too reliant on meta-story and are paced like a comicbook. At best it would be a brainless action movie with little of the MGS charm(box cameo may not be included).
    This is more what I was trying to say originally I think. I just can't see them squeezing a lot of story into a 2 hour movie form.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

You don't count. You don't even have a soul!

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

FFXI CoP would make a decent movie, although it'd have to be at least 3 hours long and that's with cutting a lot of "fluff" from the story.

Kingdom Hearts and Super Paper Mario would make good kiddy movies, especially the last one for the wii, it had a decent story for youngins (nothing too deep, with enough vague references to make you chuckle).

The best one would have to be Ventrilo:The Movie. 2 hours of soi soi soi soi soi soi soi

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

C:SotN. A SH that doesn't suck as much.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

breath of fire series

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BrillCS View Post
    Yes it's been done before. Twice before. But I love zombie movies, hence why I want a Dead Rising movie!

I can't even argue this logic, and on that topic they should just make Left for Dead a movie
    Spoiler: show
    They could even cast Rosie O'Donnell as the boomer and save on make-up and special effects costs

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    I thought he meant Armored Core (did a double take, then read the quote) as well and who would? I would.
    The CG for the Armored Core intro videos is quite amazing. I wouldn't mind seeing short films of battles. A whole movie? I don't know.

Definitely my favorite one.

Another good one

Any game with the initials AC.

Armoured Core would make a good movie with the right story and characters (in terms of characters, the lack thereof). Action wise it would be fine, but finding a way to incorporate the wide range of customizations into movie form wouldn't be easy without stupid Star-Trek esque explanation that make no sense. Overall, it probably wouldn't translate well without being severly cut down.

Ace Combat would make an awesome movie if they picked the right story and got the atmosphere right. 0 would make the best movie, cause the story is simpler to translate and the pilot testimonies kinda cut down the amount you need to film anyway. Would love to see the epic final battle on the big screen, also, the music would be epic.

Not gonna comment on Assassin's Creed.

Zone of the Enders would make an amazing movie (let's not count Delores) if they include more Orbital Frames. I could imagine the movie would look amazing.

Disgaea probably wouldn't make a good movie, but I would like to see it done.

Ratchet and Clank could have potention as well.

I don't know why no one has talked about Fallout. Would be fantastic if they didn't turn it into a bad Mad Max remake, and its not like they don't have enough material. Can set it in Seattle or Denver or something to get it close enough to current fallout factions without breaching into cannon from previous games.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

XI: CoP would make an awesome movie it played out right. I think F.E.A.R. could make a good movie

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

They could even cast Rosie O'Donnell as the boomer and save on make-up and special effects costs
    ^ Ouch. I agree on the music for Ace Combat Zero. It is probably the best videogame soundtrack I've ever heard. The track for the final battle would be amazing to hear as you're watching it on a movie screen. Any videogame that can incorporate the spanish guitar in a bad ass way is a must own title.

Official THE Alpha and Omega

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Evelyn View Post
    I don't know why no one has talked about Fallout. Would be fantastic if they didn't turn it into a bad Mad Max remake, and its not like they don't have enough material. Can set it in Seattle or Denver or something to get it close enough to current fallout factions without breaching into cannon from previous games.
    Fallout is and always has been very gameish. You could set a movie in the Fallout universe and the movie could be good, but it's not going to properly be a fallout movie.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik View Post
    FFXI CoP would make a decent movie, although it'd have to be at least 3 hours long and that's with cutting a lot of "fluff" from the story.
    I heard they DID film it full length but after the filming they cut the XP loss, increased drop rates and gave XP bonuses to ppls what seen it before when they watched it again...

Seriously tho, Ninja Gaiden 2 would make a great film.

Dragon warrior one would too...

I'd like to see a good Metroid movie, but seeing how most of the games are basically Samus alone with little exposition, it would likely get bastardized into some kind of survival horror flick where she's called to a space station to take out Space Pirates after a Metroid sample or utilizing one in their attack. While not unlike the opening of Super Metroid there, but nobody would really give a shit about random researcher X and badass security guard Y that somehow develops a love interest that Hollywood would insist on forcing in.

There's also the element of suit evolution. Finding a grapple beam to get up some super high jump probably won't make the most exciting of plot twists, but on the other hand, Samus coming with all of her tools wouldn't be very fun, either. You could try to tie some sort of Chozo Ruins exploration element, but then we start looking at a movie that could run over 2 hours if it's going to be any good along with somehow addressing Space Pirates and the franchise namesake.

I'd hate to say this would be best as a series of movies, but it really would be. First could introduce people to Samus and maybe how she gains fame as a bounty hunter. Second would really flesh out the Metroids and Space Pirates. Third would wrap it all up, complete with a frenzied escape from an exploding world where all the little creatures she saved zip off just before she does and we see her in a bikini after the credits.