BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsu Kiyome
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Anything made by Uwe Boll. I swear the guy hates videogames more than Jack Thompson. He's certainly done more to destroy them.
    My roommate has proposed this question and you saying this has reminded me:

If you could only watch movies by one of these directors for the rest of your life, which of the following would you choose: Uwe Boll, Michael Bay, or M. Night Shyamalan?

Me personally... I picked "BAYSPLOSIONS"

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'd probably go with Bay as well, at least his movies are pretty to look at, and somewhat entertaining if you turn your brain off.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

If all off shamalamalan's movies ended with his caracature from robot chicken popping up and going "what a twist!" at the end, id say that, but since i cant, bay. Transformers wasnt all bad. I laughed at the part where one of em wanted to kill the parents.

Un-Rad Conrad
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutsumiko View Post
    My roommate has proposed this question and you saying this has reminded me:

If you could only watch movies by one of these directors for the rest of your life, which of the following would you choose: Uwe Boll, Michael Bay, or M. Night Shyamalan?

Me personally... I picked "BAYSPLOSIONS"
    A variant of my question up there is: House of the Dead, Pearl Harbor, or The Happening?

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

The Happening, morbol tree's bad breath killing people was pretty lulz worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by aers View Post
    CLANNAD/AIR/Kanon, Lucky Star, Toradora.

UGH.
    What? How could you hate Toradora, go DIAF.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    Tenjou Tenge the manga is one of the best, worst manga I've ever read. Artwork is awesome but the story-line is such a freaking mess lol.
    ^This^

I swear a few of the chapters when you went really back in time were like walls of fucking text and it didn't help how tiny the letters appear when you scan them so it was god-near impossible to read. Didn't help they released like a chapter every month so you forgot what the hell was going on last chapter.

I loved the fight though with Masataka though. He should have had more appearances in the manga, I thought he was the best character in the series. : /

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Kanon! That's the one I was forgetting... would probably hate Toradora if I watched it from what I can tell but never gave it a chance.

I did like Lucky Star though.
    Toradora is great. One of the few romance/comedy anime that isn't plagued with fanservice. The setting is typical, but dialogue are much better than they usually are in this kind of animes.

I'm not saying you would like it, but you wouldn't hate it for the reason you think probably.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rivero View Post
    What? How could you hate Toradora, go DIAF.
    I think the genre is terrible.

Who's fansubs do you watch for Toradora, anyway?

I was using Paradigm for a while but I think after like episode 4 I just started using CoalGuys.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

CoalGuys didn't start until Ep 11

Generally the genre ToraDora is a part of does lead to average shows but ToraDora has proven me wrong, of course most of the genre is adapated from visual novels - so the story is already pretty thin. That's not the case for ToraDora, the novels are pretty good and JCStaff is for once sticking pretty close to them.

You also might have a problem if you think ToraDora is a shipping anime, not sure why but most people couldn't figure out Taiga and Ryuji were going to be together just based off the premise/1st novel/1st episode of the show. Two people teaming up to help with their respective crushes and eventually falling for each other? Cliche - but it works.

Mr. Flippy

IkkiTousen sucked balls. plain and simple it sucked balls

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Every dammed Gundam series I have seen with the exception of 08th MS and the original (nostalgia goggles)

Mr. Flippy

^ would have to agree with you there

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

There's only been a few anime i've come to hate.

Someone mentioned Neon Genesis Evangelion, and I agree that show blew but really only because of budget issues (5minutes in that fucking elevator or 10 minutes waiting for him to crush the damn angel human dude or whatever) and wierd stuff. It started out good then crapped out at the end. Oh and his and her circumstances, is that what it was called? Good in the beginning then just fucked up with budget or something. GAINAX shows should probably only be aired for 13 episodes cause they can never budget correctly for a 26 episode season.

That one anime with the chinese zodiac and it was all homo or some shit. Fruits Baskets? The animation and annoying voices turned me off.

GTO I could only watch the first few minutes due to the animation quality.

read the manga of GTO. So much better, since the only thing that bugs you is the animation you won't have to deal with it if you just read the manga.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    would probably hate Toradora if I watched it from what I can tell but never gave it a chance.
    Noway!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Didn't like Eureka 7, it was just blah ><.

Also someone mentioned earlier about how they might have liked a show but couldn't stay awake though it, that happened to me with both Noir and Bastard. I don't know what it is about these two shows, I like them OK but they just send me to dreamland every time I would watch them.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Movies: I really didn't like The curious case of Benjamin Button, I felt as though once you'd grasped the initial idea of him aging backwards there wasn't really a great deal else to the film. I mean, if you take out that one idea, it is essentially the story of someone with a pretty uninteresting life.

TV: Never liked Lost, I don't know why, but I couldn't get into it at all.

Anime: I dislike most animes almost instantly because of the usually ridiculously over the top characters and their manneurisms. But I guess that's because their audience is a usually quite subdued and shy bunch... They feel the need to counter this with characters which are far too intense/over the top, making the emotion charicature-like.

Oh, there's a movie that I hate. Well, I don't actually hate it, since I've never watched the whole thing...

But Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas always puts me to sleep after 15 mins. I can watch the first few scenes up until they get to the hotel, then something about the movie puts me to sleep. I get the feeling they're trying to hard and the movie just bores me into a deep sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Kononeko View Post
    Didn't like Eureka 7, it was just blah ><.

Also someone mentioned earlier about how they might have liked a show but couldn't stay awake though it, that happened to me with both Noir and Bastard. I don't know what it is about these two shows, I like them OK but they just send me to dreamland every time I would watch them.
    Eureka 7 was one of those shows that got better as the story developed more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast