+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Movies/Animu you hated     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Only reason I never got into Lost was it seemed like it'd air 3 episodes, then go on an 8 month break or something.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Depend what seasons, but they are airing all 18 episodes in 18 weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by Blabj View Post
    @considering a good story

Benjamin Button had potential to be a good story if they'd have cut certain bits out (for example, the childhood section was too long in my opinion, and in the grand scheme of things could have been culled quite considerably) and, even though the film was overly long, used some of this extra time to expand on some of the more meaty content, such as the war effort section, and generally more of his mid-life.

In terms of the anime opinions, yes it's very generalised and I know there will be exceptions, but I guess it's my opinion, and though it has been challenged, much of the anime I have seen hasn't opposed my preconceptions that I mentioned previously.
    Meh, fine with me. I just think it's weird to list this one, when there is far more horrible story out there.

What anime series did you watch? It's easy to hate a show when you never gave yourself a chance to appreciate the characters, or picked the wrong one.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

It almost seems like some people here are deliberately posting popular shit to troll.

Been Here Longer Than you
    BG Level

@Lost - Probably the most addicting show, videogame, movie, etc I have ever watched. I didn't start watching until the end of season 2. My roommate said, you got to rent this and watch it and I rented disc 1 of season 1 thinking I would hate it. I was back at the Blockbuster 2 hours later and rented every episode they had. I watched Season 1 + 2 in 2 days. It is the greatest show on TV.

Back on topic:

Didn't like Lain either. Boogiepop Phantom I already listed. I can't get into Hajime No Ippo because of the terribly animation; the same goes for GTO like someone else said.

-The Changeling
    Spoiler: show
    Angelina Jolie is hot but I can't stand her acting.
    The funny part about this movie is that in all the trailers, the point is made that the chick Jolie plays was sent to a mental ward.

From the trailer you'd think it was for many years and blah blah. Turns out in real life, it was a week. Yea, I'm sure it sucks to be in a mental ward but c'mon brah!

Overall, it was pretentious twaddle. TWADDLE!

-Blood Diamond

Same as above.
    The ending? Yea, the father goes before congress or something and blood diamonds were never heard from again! All the land rejoiced and danced in the countryside!

Oh and Leonardo DiCaprio dying while on the phone to whatsherface is having lunch was fantastic. Reminded me of Cartmen thinking he was a ghost and telling Butters to live his life to the fullest.

-Crash

I never understood how this won Best Picture over Brokeback Mountain. It's the intellectual equivalent of a Lifetime movie on wife-beating. Or a D.A.R.E. after-school PSA. Or a guy selling a 'Samurai' sword on the Home Shopping Network.

-The Happening

I'm kinda torn on this one. On the one hand, it sucks rhino balls but it's also entertaining to watch Mark Wahlberg's horrible acting. He's like a perpetually exasperated Ned Flanders.

Too many more to name...

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post
    -Crash

I never understood how this won Best Picture over Brokeback Mountain. It's the intellectual equivalent of a Lifetime movie on wife-beating. Or a D.A.R.E. after-school PSA. Or a guy selling a 'Samurai' sword on the Home Shopping Network.
    I agree with this.

Not related to thread:
    When you think about the subject matter, there's a lot more people to be upset by the Main plot device of brokeback than the main plot device of Crash. It annoys me to say that. It annoys me more that if 2005 hadn't sucked for movies in the theatres that brokeback might not have had the awards it got.

I agree with a lot of the criticism thrown at broke back not getting best picture, but I also have to admit I have rose colored glasses on the matter because I really, really loved one movie and the other one was kind of 'bleh'

Also someone said Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. This movie is 50% boring as hell and I can only 'watch' the parts that amuse the hell out of me.

I watched Crash for the first time and liked it, then I watched it again and hated it. It was really not a well written movie, or entertaining at all. Also, Dumb and Dumberer and The Happening.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Well i mind as well drop my opinion here too, and that is that i found the Micheal Bay Transformers movie practically unbearable. I am exaggerating with that but, what exactly was the movie supposed to be about? Teenage boy drama, American military rah rah rah, or the Transformers? I do believe that the transformers themselves got so little screentime in the movie that it made me question who the lead roles were.

I mean, what essentially happened here, in my opinion, was an attempt to please multiple demographics, which ended up watering down the movie as a whole. If they focus too much on the transformers, they risk alienating the majority which may not know who or what they are, and therefore missing that delicious action hungry dimwit male revenue, and if they went too far in pleasing them, they would have ended making TEENAGE TESTOSTERONE TITS THE MOVIE, which would have pissed off the transformers nerds. Summary: Movie got too much nostalgia hype, and the pandering with the forced teenage love drama with the underdog twit trying to win over the chick that's way over his league, and the military/intelligence nonsense that was probably put there so the movie wouldn't seem too nerdy.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

The internet would be a better place if every opinions came with a long explanation like this one.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

Transformers owned, no nostalgia about it since I didn't watch transformers when I was young. The movie was 'cool looking robots transform and fight oh ya and there is a hot girl and some funny things too'. There is no deep metaphor for what colour megatron was so don't bother looking too deep and missing an explosion or 10.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6