+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 352 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

So, if Gallardo is back and healthy, I think he could pretty much negate the loss of Sheets in the Brewers rotation. The lineup/fielding is identical to last year, upgrade at closer (Hoffman still > last year's platoon).

If they even slightly improve over last season (and considering the amount of position youth on this team, I don't see why not) they could make up for the loss of CC's late-season beast mode and hopefully be in the same position at the end of the season, I feel.

I'm just kinda pissed we lost Russell Branyan. I loved that guy.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by fren. View Post
    Jesus you suck. Go google up some scouting reports.

and I never claimed he was an All-Star.
    LOL. Know how hilarious this is? So you pay 90+ Mil over what.. five years? For a guy that's not an all-star? Yeah. That's hilarious that you admit it. He's been overpaid, and unless he wins at least 16 games, I think he'd qualify as a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Badkarma View Post
    I have no problems admitting it, since it did in fact happen. Although i do think the Sox would have given the Phillies a swift backhand to the face.
    Ah, don't misunderstand me. I didn't mean YOU have no problems with it literally, I meant "You" in the general sense as far as any team anywhere. I'm just saying that you'd never see a team lose in the playoffs, and then turn around saying that they lost to one of the worst teams ever. They would say that they lost to the better team that day, etc.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Speaking of Ben Sheets, I'm surprised no one has signed him yet. I'm thinking teams might be afraid to give up a draft pick because of his type A status, but he is a solid, consistent pitcher who has had an ERA below 4 the last few seasons.

He's still a fairly young pitcher at 30 and would fit in nicely in any team's rotation.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    LOL. Know how hilarious this is? So you pay 90+ Mil over what.. five years? For a guy that's not an all-star? Yeah. That's hilarious that you admit it. He's been overpaid, and unless he wins at least 16 games, I think he'd qualify as a bust.
    You realize you're talking about the Yankees, right? "Overpaid" has a different meaning here.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

There was a report where his shoulder isn't right and may be needing season ending surgery, it's a huge mess cause they can't decide if the injury occured while he was pitching last year.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    There was a report where his shoulder isn't right and may be needing season ending surgery, it's a huge mess cause they can't decide if the injury occured while he was pitching last year.
    Is this for Ben Sheets? I thought he recovered from his Sept. injury.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I thought I heard that he's trying to decide if he wants to have surgery that could end his 2009 season or hold off and not do it. I'm not 100% positive on that as I always thought Ben Sheets was a danger to any team that he is on. He's great when he's healthy, but ugh. That's rarely.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

That has absolutely NOTHING to do with you lol'ing uncontrollably at my post and not offering a reason as to why. You also know what's funny? the fact you willfully ignore the fact your team bid 5/82 on him, holy shit!

have the Twins gotten any better over the offseason? I kinda skipped the whole last season and don't know what they've done so far to upgrade/downgrade the team

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

That has absolutely NOTHING to do with you lol'ing uncontrollably at my post and not offering a reason as to why. You also know what's funny? the fact you willfully ignore the fact your team bid 5/82 on him, holy shit!
    Point to the post where I said the Atlanta Braves front office has been doing a stellar job this offseason. I dare you. Do it.

Frank Wren has proven that he's an absolutely HORRIBLE GM. GG trying to bait me into looking like a homer or something. Not only was the bid/get on Lowe horrendous, but the trade for Vazquez made no sense, and going after Griffey at his age with his injury proneness? Yeah. Let's pair him up with Chipper so they can go on the DL and party together.

I "lol'd uncontrollably" at your post because you admitted that a guy isn't an All-Star, yet have zero problems with the Yankees paying over 90mil over a five year span for a guy that's injury prone, and could flop almost as bad as Clemens did a couple years back when he came back to you guys and won what.. six games? How is that not a reason for "lol'ing uncontrollably"?

Jesus christ Yankee fans can get butthurt quickly. I don't just pick at the Yankees you know. I picked at the Red Sox, the Phillies (fairweather fans, etc), the Dodgers, etc. I absolutely *love* it when fans of other teams try to poke fun and shit at the Braves expecting me to actually jump and defend them, just as you jump to defend your team, therefore, making me look like a hypocrite. Sorry Charlie. Not working here. =]

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I "lol'd uncontrollably" at your post because you admitted that a guy isn't an All-Star, yet have zero problems with the Yankees paying over 90mil over a five year span for a guy that's injury prone, and could flop almost as bad as Clemens did a couple years back when he came back to you guys and won what.. six games? How is that not a reason for "lol'ing uncontrollably"?

Jesus christ Yankee fans can get butthurt quickly. I don't just pick at the Yankees you know. I picked at the Red Sox, the Phillies (fairweather fans, etc), the Dodgers, etc. I absolutely *love* it when fans of other teams try to poke fun and shit at the Braves expecting me to actually jump and defend them, just as you jump to defend your team, therefore, making me look like a hypocrite. Sorry Charlie. Not working here. =]

I'm a diehard Rockies fan. Have any tips on what they can do to improve?

And while we're at it, since I know a lot about the Blue Jays, what should they do, besides firing Ricciardi as a nice starter.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

If anyone has been ripping the Braves front office for being outright retarded the past couple years, it's been Akiyama. So that comment kinda goes right out the window.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Kang View Post
    I'm a diehard Rockies fan. Have any tips on what they can do to improve?

And while we're at it, since I know a lot about the Blue Jays, what should they do, besides firing Ricciardi as a nice starter.
    I'll be completely honest with you. My knowledge of the Rockies is very limited. I followed Holliday while he was there obviously, and I was following Fuentes back when I was interested in him when the Braves needed a closer, but since Mike Gonzalez came back, and did very well, I sort of lost interest.

Rockies need to rebuild for sure, and try to teach Tulowitzki how to fucking hit the ball. Good god. Last year I had him on my fantasy team, and I actually dumped his ass. What a waste of a pick he was, lol. If I didn't end up winning the league by the end of the year, I would've been pissed. =p

As far as the Blue Jays go, I agree with the Ricciardi thing. I think they're just screwed though in their division. Doc is an absolute stud of a pitcher, and Litsch didn't do half bad last year for coming out of no where (in my opinion). Losing Burnett hurt a little because while I don't think he's that great, I still think he's a decent enough of a pitcher when he's healthy. Losing Vernon Wells when you guys did last year hurt though. I think when healthy, he's great in the OF along with Alex Rios, and uh.. shit. I don't know the other OF. I know Lind got demoted sometime in 2008 but got recalled. Not sure how he finished. The infield isn't horrendous as I think Aaron Hill is underrated, though he did get hurt last season as well. Basically though, the Blue Jays are doomed to 4th place as for a while I think. It'd be a huge surprise if they finished higher. :/

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yeah, baseball certainly is the toughest sport to do well in because not many teamscan make the playoffs and it can take years for some to even make it there. Just look at the Brewers and heck, I don't even think the Reds have even made it back to the post-season since winning the 1990 World Series.

I do think the Rockies did well in the Holliday deal. I'm gonna miss him as he's a great player but it's apparent from the trade that the Rockies have no faith that they were gonna resign him so they got what they could for him.

They have got an outfielder who has the potential to do well in Carlos Gonzalez. Huston Street may be a viable closer though he struggled last year in that role in Oakland and lost it but he did pick it up toward the end of the season. I don't know much about greg Smith but a lefty starter is always a good thing.

I think someone mentioned earlier about how long it would take Oakland to trade Holliday. I hope they can resign him because he's definately a top-caliber player.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I got a question for ya guys.

The Jays signed former Cub and Red Sox starter Matt Clement to a minor league deal. Do you think he has any chance of making it back to the majors?

He was such a good pitcher then everything went down hill when he got hurt a couple seasons ago.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Kang View Post
    I got a question for ya guys.

The Jays signed former Cub and Red Sox starter Matt Clement to a minor league deal. Do you think he has any chance of making it back to the minors?

He was such a good pitcher then everything went down hill when he got hurt a couple seasons ago.
    He got his ring in 2k4 ( I THINK, he barely pitched enough for me to remember) with teh sox i believe and then just said fuck it, he wont do anything.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'd just like to say fuck Raul Ibanez for choosing #29. After the Phillies won the world series on October 29th (my 25th birthday) I got a customized Phillies jersey that says "Holmes 29". Move over Adam Eaton, I've got somebody new to hate.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Bold predictions for the next year:

NL East: Phillies
    NL Central: Cubs
    NL West: D-Backs
    NL Wild Card: Mets

AL East: Red Sox
    AL Central: Indians
    AL West: Angels
    AL Wild Card: Rays

World Series: Cubs over Angels (yeah I went there)

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

How is that really bold? I figure bold would be like.. picking the Reds to win the NL Central, or picking the Braves to win the NL East, lol.

I'll give my regular predictions.

NL East: Mets
    NL Central: Cubs
    NL West: Dodgers
    NL Wild Card: Phillies

AL East: Yankees
    AL Central: White Sox
    AL West: Angels
    AL Wild Card: Red Sox

World Series: Mets over Red Sox in 6.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Picking the Mets to win anything is pretty bold with the 6/7/8/9 they're throwing out there every day, plus their rotation past Santana is nothing to write home about either.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 352 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast