Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

[Bismarck] Discoid - Endgame LS Recruiting(Updated: 11/04/09

Apply at Discoid Linkshell

About Discoid

Discoid is an established Endgame linkshell on Bismarck server. Started on July 14, 2008 by a group of highly experienced players, many of whom have been playing FFXI together for years. Our events include everything the game has to offer, namely Limbus, Dynamis, Einherjar, Sea, Kirins, ZNM, SCNM, Ks99s, Grand Wyrms, ToAU HNM, and Zilart kings HNMs. Basically we do everything but Salvage (though the LS has several Salvage groups amongst each other). As of March 2009 the linkshell is under new leadership primarily myself Shinsei, and Hellsangelz as joint leaders.

As leaders of a very successful linkshell, we do consider how an application looks when deciding whether or not someone will get a trial with our ls. Although FFXI is a game, and ultimately we play it to have fun, we also take it serious, and do not wish to do events with people that do not. Our first impression of you, if we do not know you, is your application for a trial and eventual membership into the linkshell. So please take the time and effort that will be asked of you as a member of this ls when making an application, because like they always say, "You never get a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression."

Discoid Linkshell main events always aim to begin at 7PM EST, gathering 15mins prior. If this clashes with your schedule or you have any questions about the schedule, /tell or PM Shinsei, or HellAngelz. HNMs can be erratic, so being prepared to come to events outside of our main event schedule is important. If accepted, you are expected to be on pearl if you are online. Please keep in mind that we are a very busy Linkshell. If you think that you might want to apply to Discoid, take some time and think it through. We are looking for dedicated and flexible applicants. We don't want you wasting your time or our time.

NEW!
    Item Distribution and Payouts
    Receiving Gears:
    Items are distributed based primarily on attendance, main job is a secondary consideration. Our system is simple, everyone's attendance average over the period of two weeks will be posted each Monday as a % of main events they attended. HNMs etc outside of main event hours will usually be scored as extra credit, providing a small % boost to the people who attend, without penalizing those who cannot make it.

Gil from Payouts:
    This is also based on your Two Week Attendance Average that gets posted every Monday every two weeks.

Discoid Truth:
    In this LS, gearing our members is our 1st Priority. Once we are capped on XXX gear, we then start selling that said gear. A perfect Example for us is we became capped on Ace's Helm within the first three months of the LS, and since then we've been selling Ace's Helm to other players. Sandworm, Dark Ixion, King Vinegarroon(since we are capped on A.Helms) and Cerberus remain to be Money HNMs for Discoid currently.

Though we focus on gearing members 1st, Discoid has a large and numerous means of making gil in this LS. From being able to cap gears at an alarming rate in this LS, quite a number of items have been sold, some remaining strictly money items(Ixion items, most Sandworm items), including Hecatomb Cap Abj, Black Belt Items, Bahamut V2 Items,dynamis gear(items that 0 members in ls need) and many more outlets.

We control the majority of Sandworm and Ixion item distribution on the Bismarck Server.

Purpose behind this gil making?:
    Unlike most Linkshells in FFXI, we actually actively pay out every share to members of Discoid. We believe no one should ever be used for their hardwork. We all hear the stories "oh leader stole 200m from Bank etc" and we are against actions such as this, as to why we do payouts to members. However, a very small % of the gil made is banked which is put towards our Relic Sponsorship Program. You can see this Program being successful for yourself by visiting our Relic Thread on our website here at: - Weapons of Legend -

Just how much gil has the LS made collectively since the start of the Linkshell?:
    These following figures are dated to the beginning of November 2009.

Fafnir/Nidhogg: 240,000,000
    King Behemoth: 60,000,000
    Aspidochelone: 160,000,000
    King Vinegarroon: 150,000,000
    Dark Ixion: 2,012,350,000
    Sandworm:2,570,320,000
    Bahamut V2: 845,110,000
    Cerberus: 300,550,000
    Jailer of Love: 50,000,000 (only two Novio)

Total?: For you to find out ;p

Keep in mind, the majority of this is paid out to members.

Discoid's Requirements

We are ONLY looking for extremely skilled, people that areversatile job wise, experienced & exceptionally geared players. We encourage our applicants to be very diverse as far as jobs are concerned.

[size=2]Just a reminder,we want people with MULTIPLE 75 and very well experienced at playing those jobs, having just like two of these would probably not increase your chances versus someone that has half of these or more.

Jobs Seeking: WHM (having cor/brd and RNG leveled, geared and merited is a plus)
    - Any job you are applying should be decently equipped and merited
    - If you're applying as BLM. Several Gear sets are expected. Genie and/or Morrigan's robe is expected as your nuking body piece.
    - Very Skilled & Knowledgeable about the jobs you play.

1. Atleast two Lv75 jobs of different class types. Three different class types is highly recommended to better your chances.
    (examples:SAM+ WHM, PLD + BLM, PLD + SAM + BRD).

2. Full access to all areas of Sea, Sky, and ToAU, WoTG expansions. Einherjar, Dynamis - Xarcabard, Bahamut V2 access is a must.

3. All appropriate subjobs levelled, BRD must have BLM sub, RDM must have DRK sub, PLD must have NIN sub, etc
    4. People who play a great amount of time, willing to camp HNM's whenever.

5. Must be very well merited and equipped properly.

6. Must be flexible job wise ( No complaints about which job you are playing )

7. Must have a large amount of HNM Experience.

8. Very well knowledgeable about the job you play, navigating to different camps and the likes.

9. Must attend events when you are online.

Recommendations
    1. Having a Relic Weapon is always a plus (unless it's staff lol)
    2. Good amount of Allied Notes for warps to WOTG HNM's
    3. Alt. Character(s) is a Plus
    4. Willing to be contacted late night hours.
    5. Access to Ventrillo.

You may want to reconsider your application if you are unable to consistently attend both Einherjar and at least one (1) Dynamis per week, as these are the two events we mandate. We do not expect anyone to always make every event, and some leniency can be shown as such naturally, however, Dynamis and Einherjar will remain to be our mandatory events.

If you are online and present, you are expected to drop anything you are doing(ex: exping and Tiamat/Khimaira pops) and rush to any HNM in that case that has popped.

Discoid's General Schedule:
    Sunday - Limbus 6PM Einherjar After
    Monday - Dynamis/VNM 7PM
    Tuesday - VNMs/Sea/Kirins/KS99/BahamutV2/ZNM/Misc. stuff Etc.
    Wednesday - Limbus 7PM Einherjar After
    Thursday - Dynamis 7PM
    Friday - VNMs/Sea/Kirins/KS99/BahamutV2/ZNM/Misc. stuff Etc. 7PM

All of these times are on EST/EDT. This can be altered anytime due to an HNM. We try to gather 15mins before start time to organize PT's/Allies.

Trial Period
    HNMs and events that you attend, your performance, willingness to follow orders without complaint, attitude towards other linkshell members will determine the length of your trialing process. Besting these qualities will further increase your chances of getting in. Simply put, the more events and HNMs you attend, while meeting our standards of performance, shorter the trial period, which has a maximum length of one (1) month. If your trial extends to a month duration, we will then now have to decide whether or not you will be declined or accepted.

NEW! - Relic Sponsorship Program - Relic Count: 9
    This was a brand new feature to Discoid and I'm proud to say it's been greatly rewarding so far. I would estimate our sponsor power to be about roughly a bit over a month per relic. The longer task seems to be just getting the said attestation to drop for the most part lol. Got our first two sponsored relics within the ls and more are on the way.

You can always view our relic database here.

- Weapons of Legend -

Some of Discoid's Achivements since the start of the Linkshell

NEW
    General LS Achievement - And when we say stuff like "6 manned XXX" I really do 6 manned, no bullshit.

Odin:
    • Defeated Odin on numerous attempts with just one single alliance.

Einherjar (Tier 2 & 3):
    • Successfully completed Einherjar Tier 2 and 3 with only 6 Melee DD and 3-4 BLM on numerous attempts.

Lambtom Worm:
    • 7 manned Lambtom Worm in 36mins.

Dark Ixion:
    • 7 manned Dark Ixion: 52 minutes
    • 19 Minute Dark Ixion kill: 16 members

Cerberus:
    • 17minute Cerberus Kill: 14 members
    • 5 manned Cerberus: 42minute kill
    • 2minute 34seconds kill
    • 11 minute kill, 11 members

Khimaira:
    • 7 manned Khimaira: 54 minute

Dynamis Lord:
    • 7 melee DD's (only 2 DRKs)

Tiamat:
    • 27 minute Tiamat kill: 17 members
    • 9 manned Tiamat: 93 minute

Omega + Nidhogg:
    • 9 manned Omega while dealing with Nidhogg Camp

Vanadiel HNMs:
    • Claimed every single HNM straight that were open camped by Endgame LSes within a 2 day period minus Cerberus while still doing regular scheduled events(Limbus/Einherjar) .
    • Namely, Sandwormx2, Fafnirx2, BeheCampx3, Nidhogg, Tiamat, KVx2, Khimaira. Over 10 consecutive claims in a row in Dragon's Aery.

(Unlike some other Linkshells, I do not count server transfers, bought accounts and banned characters into my statistics lol. Only stuff we acquired from an actual drop from the LS is counted in Discoid statistics. )

Our Paladin Achievements
    Hauteclaire: 10
    Defending Ring: 5 drop, 3 remains in ls
    Completed Valhalla Set: 3
    Shadow Ring: 4
    Shadow Mantle: 8
    Valor Cape: 4
    Bahamut's Mask: 11
    Hydra Haubert Set Pieces: 8
    http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/s...d_paladins.png

Our Mage Achievements

Abody: 23
    D.Chap: 12
    Seveneyes: 16
    Hydra Doublet Set Pieces: 5
    http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/s...coid_Abody.png

Sorcerer's Petasos: 14
    Novio Earring: 10
    Novia Earring: 12
    Ixion Cape: 25
    Herald's Gaiter: 15
    http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/s..._boomstick.png

Our Melees
    Ace's Helm: Capped at 17 Helms
    Ridills: 14
    E.Body: 13
    Hofud: 4
    Valkyrie's Fork: 6
    P.Body: 4
    http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/s...scoid_aces.png

Discoid's Kill Record

Fafnir ( 135)
    Nidhogg ( 22 )
    Aspidochelone ( 42 )
    King Behemoth ( 22 )

Cerberus ( 136 )
    Khimaira ( 148 )
    Dark Ixion ( 247 )
    King Vinegarroon ( 160 )
    Sandworm ( 192 )

Ouryu ( 60 )
    Bahamut V2 ( 55 )
    Tiamat ( 82 )

Odin: 28

VNMS:
    Ruthven: 8 (1 strigoi ring so far)
    Krabkatoa: 2
    Blobnidnag:
    Verthandi:
    Orcus:
    Yilbegan: (currently 5-6 pops, battles take place soon!)

Proto-Omega ( 45 )
    Homam Pieces: 103

Proto-Ultima ( 23 )
    Nashira Pieces: 52

Discoid continues to strive for excellence, professionalism, embracing new challenges everyday, remaining one of the most dominant forces on Bismarck. If this is the kind of linkshell you have always been searching for please feel free to check us out and see what we have to offer. If you are interested in applying to our linkshell, again, please direct all your questions or apps via PM's and/or tells to any of our leaders, namely myself Shinsei, or Hellsangelz. You may also apply at our linkshell's website, Discoid Linkshell

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Very nice recruitment post, good luck. :D

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

nicely done, FoReal's Topic kicked still more ass

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

2/7 on KB if I'm reading this right? Very nice

my math may be wrong or i am just stupid but Proto omega (16) even if you got 3 drops every run thats only 48 possible pieces maybe i am just misunderstanding the numbers.

Still nice topic

Quote Originally Posted by Shinsei View Post
    7. Willing to be contacted late night hours.
    I take it this means that some people need to consider giving up their late night booty phone calls.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrebrand View Post
    my math may be wrong or i am just stupid but Proto omega (16) even if you got 3 drops every run thats only 48 possible pieces maybe i am just misunderstanding the numbers.

Still nice topic
    They probably count people that joined the LS with the gear already. A lot of LSs like to advertise like this.

The Homam was counted including people that joined with the gear

The defending ring however was not

yes, we went 2/7 on Defending Rings

Our 1st KB kill was Ring drop lol, the next ring we got like 4 KB's after iirc? can see for yourself on our site in the media section;z

The defending rings, Valhallas, 7/9 of those Abodies, forks, Pbodies, Ixion capes and countless others are all just from drops.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

1. Atleast two Lv75 jobs of different class types. (ex: melee + mage, mage + tank)
    2. Full access to all areas of Sea, Sky, and ToAU, WoTG expansions. Einherjar, Dynamis - Xarcabard, Bahamut V2 access is a must.
    3. All appropriate subjobs levelled, BRD must have BLM sub, RDM must have DRK sub, PLD must have NIN sub, etc
    4. People who play long daily hours, willing to camp HNM's at all hours.
    5. Good ammount of Allied Notes for warps to WOTG HNM's
    6. Alt. Character(s) is a Plus
    7. Willing to be contacted late night hours.
    8. Must have some HNM Expirience.
    9. Very well knowledgable about the job you play
    10. Must be very well merited
    11. Must be flexible job wise ( No complaints on which job you are using )
    12. Must attend events if you're online.
    1. check
    2. check
    3. check
    4. check
    5. check
    6. check
    7. ummm isn't 6 hours a day enough!!!!
    8. check
    9. check
    10. check
    11. check
    12. check

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I think 7 should be more like a recommended then required as I usualy go " uh yea mmm going back to sleep" expecially when i got class in morning. I'm a cranky person when woken up in middle of the night.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

how many d rings are left?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

1 D Ring left. I'm one of the people that helped start Discoid. The contact late night hours is only if you want to be contacted.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

/

Demosthenes11

I think the domination chart needs updating

wth is a domination chart?

Demosthenes11

a chart charting domination, obviously

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

nicely done

Just went 3/4 on Bahamut's Mask, so now we have a bout 9 total I believe amongst the Paladins, leaving only 1-2 plds in the ls without one.

And small update to the recruitment post.

updated as of March 18, 09

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast