FFXI Server
    Asura

Since "What-U-Hear"/"Wav Out" was accidentally left out of Vista

How do you access that functionality?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think I tried that before, but didn't see any hidden/disabled devices. I have onboard SigmaTel audio in my Dell laptop.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Hmm you shouldn't need to use the disabled devices function.

I was testing some stuff at home the other day recording FFXI stuff for fun and recorded the sound in game (which is "What you hear") and also a MSN sound or 2 because I forgot to set myself on Busy.

I'll need to get home to tell you what I did, I also have a Dell laptop with Sigmatel Audio, I believe, I haven't looked there for a long time.

Check back in .... 12 hours? :/

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin View Post
    I think I tried that before, but didn't see any hidden/disabled devices. I have onboard SigmaTel audio in my Dell laptop.
    I had the same problem when I got this Vostro 1700. Got it back in the end by installing an older sound driver from here. Try that if your laptop's on that list, just remember to run the driver install in SP2 compatibility mode assuming you're on Vista.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

What-u-hear and Stereo mix are there via your sound card, not your OS. If it doesn't appear it means your drivers don't support it or your sound card doesnt.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    I had the same problem when I got this Vostro 1700. Got it back in the end by installing an older sound driver from here. Try that if your laptop's on that list, just remember to run the driver install in SP2 compatibility mode assuming you're on Vista.
    Thanks, I'll try that. I see you already responded to that article with a link to your post here.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin View Post
    Thanks, I'll try that. I see you already responded to that article with a link to your post here.
    I have no idea how that happened, I certainly didn't do that other than linking to the article, lol. Strange.