+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Hardest Bosses/Games You've Played?

You probably have encountered that boss w/ ungodly aiming in an fps that snipes you miles away. How about a fighting game where the cpu always throws your ass around first and predicts every move you make? Or just a damn boss in an RPG that just won't die, and your strongest spells/physical do shit damage.

Let us begin w/ fighting games:

M. Bison, SF2. Holy shit, I spent a shit load of quarters trying to beat this bastard. He was ridiculously fast, strong, and when I tried to turtle it would toss my character around. Forget about jumping in. I think I beat him by spaming fireballs and welcomed him w/ dragon punches <_<

Omega Rugal, KoF: 95. Predicted your moves, would spam fireballs + reflects yours, jump in = genocide cutter. I hated this bastard, but eventually beat it.

For RPG bosses, the only one I remember beating once and only once was Ozma, from FFIX. It has this one move that basically one shoots your party (iirc). The only way I survived this was by using the DRG's jump ability to avoid it and revive the pt again. I'm sure it's easy, but never bothered to check a faq ;x

DMC3, this game was really hard. Every freaking boss was too strong, hell, even the normal mobs would put up a decent fight. I never beat this game, got too frustrating. Later on I got the SE and finally beat it.

MGF2G for the PSP. Most of the mobs are difficult, combo you, and will one shoot your slow character. I haven't thrown the PSP out of the window because of the wrist strap. This is the hardest fight: YouTube - HR9 Anger of Heaven and Earth. Pt. 1

Honourable mentions: Justice, GG series; Dural, VF; Heihachi, Tekken.

So what are yours?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Grilgan, the first boss in Lost Odyssey. Seriously what the hell was up with that, I had to go back and train for like 2 hours and I still only beat it by chance.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The Gates of Hell from Last Remnant, GOD DAMNIT. The DLC boss from lost odyssey but I haven't tried him since I watched a video on how to kill it 3 days later after dling it. Culex from super maro RPG was my first hard boss fight a long time ago it kicked my ass multiple times. Diablo from FF8 I mean who the fuck gives you a powerful fight that early, because your curiosity to check what is inside and only to encounter some fucking hard summon.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I don't get whats up, I can't edit my original post, so I'll add some more revisions here:

I guess to add some more, Demon gate in FF7 (either you beat it first time or you have to spend ages in that shitty maze leveling up) Omega Weapon FF8 (fun fight though, once you stock up on Heroes) Ozma FF9, Penance FF10, AV/PW FF11 (lulz...) Halo 3 - the double scarab attack on Legendary solo... The entirety of every metal gear on European Extreme mode.

Thats about all I can come up with now.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

some of the extra bosses in the first Kingdom Hearts were insanely tough ;o

Coke of Vanilla
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Maelstrom

This tops everything in gaming if you want to 100% it and to a lesser extent pass it because it so fucking hard:

YouTube - 2DX15th CS Mendes 黑black another

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

I-no from Guitly Gear x2 i think it was. Bitch could take half your health with one full screen attack, and there was zero way to avoid it.

Marvel Vs Capcom, last boss, forget the name. Same deal as guilty gear; near impossible moves to avoid.

Ozma,ff9
    end boss, ecco 1
    2nd to last boss, strider nes version
    tmnt, nes vers..fuck you swimming level
    drago, rocky for sega master system

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I'm a big fighting game buff and spent a lot of time taking on new character's and character AI on MUGEN. Aside from Evil Ryu/Ken/M. Bison, I gotta say Marisa Kirasame is as nasty as they come as far as fighting game bosses go.

YouTube - Another Kyo (Ysaquerai) VS Marisa Kirisame

I'm sure I'll be able to think of others, but...

DMC 3: Pretty much what you said. I got to the part where you have to fight all the bosses over again without saving in between and lost my patience.

Shinobi for PS2: I'm pretty sure I eventually beat this game on Hard with his brother, but that first time through... that last boss had me beating the hell out of my leg every time I lost.

Edit: I think Battletoads might be the hardest game, in total, I've ever played though.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Currently playing through Devil May Cry one on Dante Must Die mode, and i just can not get through the second fight with Nightmare , i just see no way to do, least it makes for an interesting challenge!

I remembering playing DMC1 DMD mode when it first came out. If you think Nightmare 2 is a pain, wait till you get to Nightmare 3. If you think that was hard, just wait till Mundus 2, THAT is fucked up.

As for hardest games, any danmaku/bullet hell game (specifically, Touhou). DMC DMD mode (though, not so much now that I'm not 10 anymore), Ninja Gaiden's bullshit, SMT RPGs (things like Nocturne), SRPGs like FFT, FF secret bosses (without optimal strategies), European Extreme modes (ZOE/MGS).

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I mean I know this is lolz to everyone but come on, I've played some tough games but I don't recall any taking 3 years to beat and still it not be beatable... AV. WTF no boss has caused this much hatred and anger and wtfness than AV.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by transmit View Post
    Currently playing through Devil May Cry one on Dante Must Die mode, and i just can not get through the second fight with Nightmare , i just see no way to do, least it makes for an interesting challenge!
    The fights are hectic, but not insanely hard.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Am i the only one who never had trouble with yellow devil? Willy's blinking UFO is usually 10 time harders.

Not the hardest "boss", but by far one of the hardest sequence I played on NES
    YouTube - Hudson's Adventure Island 8-3(end) - Practice Then Completion(U) (NES)

Last few stages were a pain, but I don't think I was ever able to beat this part on NES (did it later on emulator).

Final stage was a bitch too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFJm8JDksZY

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Speaking of Megaman...

Megaman 7, Dr. Wily's UFO. GFG if you didn't know what you were doing (took me forever)

The final boss of Silent Bomber. If anyone can beat that game at all I give them mad props. I still never have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast