+ Reply to Thread

Mae teams up with Habitat for Humanity

So I'm not sure how many melodic/transcendental rock fans there are on these boards, but I figured this is a good cause so why not.

Mae (Multisensory Aesthetic Experience) is a band from Norfolk Virginia who have teamed up with Habitat for Humanity to rebuild homes for those who lost theirs in accidents like a fire or hurricane etc. They are dedicating themselves this full year to releasing 1 song per month for all 12 months in benefit of this charity. For as little as 1 dollar, you will be able to get a digital download of each months' song. Of course, donations of larger amounts are encouraged!

It doesn't hurt that the music is pretty amazing too.

More information can be found at Mae - 12 Songs. 12 Months. 1 Goal. Make a Difference - home and you can hear this month's song "Boomerang" there. Last month's song, "The House that Fire Built" can probably be found elsewhere.

If you like what you hear, I highly suggest checking out their other CDs; "Destination: Beautiful", "The Everglow" and "Singularity".

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Best album they have in my opinion would be the Destination B-Sides album... I love the piano solo he has in Sun...not to mention I love the way they play Tisbury Lane....

Indeed! But as a Mae fan, what do you think of Boomerang?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Personally i'm not a fan of rock but that sounded decent.