BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Enfeebling Magic = Magic Accuracy?

Q1: 1 Enfeebling Magic point = 2 Magic Accuracy points?
    Can i assume that the above is correct?

Q2: What's the highest amount of Enfeebling Magic skill can a character cap out at?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

copy paste from my RDM scratch notepad
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ENFEEBLING MAGIC
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Head: Elite Beret(+4) > Crimson Mask(+10) > Duelist Chapeau (+15)
    Neck: Spider Torque(+5) > Enfeebling Torque(+7)
    Earring: Enfeebling Earring (+3)

Body: Warlock's Tabard (+15)
    Hands: Master Caster's Bracelets (+7, sea only)

Back: Altruistic Cape (+5)
    Legs: Nashira Seraweels (+5)
    Feet: Avocat Pigaches (+3)

Max : 276(capped skill)+16(merit)+60(gear) = 292+60 = 352

Quote Originally Posted by Unbreakable View Post
    Q1: 1 Enfeebling Magic point = 2 Magic Accuracy points?
    Can i assume that the above is correct?
    No. The most popular theory is that 1 magic accuracy = 1% land rate above 50% land rate and 2 magic accuracy = 1% land rate below 50%.. 1 enfeebling skill = .9 magic acc. It's rather irrelevant though as it'll likely never be proven.

Q2: What's the highest amount of Enfeebling Magic skill can a character cap out at?
    RDM with max merits: 292 base
    +4 thanatos baselard: 296
    +15 dchapeau: 311
    +7 enfeeb torque: 318
    +3 enfeeb earring: 321
    +15 AF/+1 body: 336
    +7 MC bracelets: 343
    +5 altruistic cape: 348
    +5 nashiraweels: 353
    +3 avocat pigaches: 356

Realistically, the baselard and avocat are garbage(HQ staff and goliard feet) so 349 is the highest you can have in practical situations and 292 is the highest base.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Is there any food that boosts Enfeebling Magic up?

No, for soloing your best bet is usually either tavnazian taco, pescatora, or in a couple cases wizard cookies for plant killer(vivian and rapido). For group stuff, try goblin mushpots for a huge boost to slow/para potency or marron glace if your convert ratio is lacking.. if you're just trying to theoretically max enfeebling accuracy use cream puffs for the INT but they'll very rarely be a practical choice on RDM.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Well there was a Red Mage who told me his Enfeebling Skill with all the Enfeebling gears and the food(never said what it was), it will reach to a 375 Enfeebling Magic skill. I find it difficult to absorb, but what food i wonder gives +30 enfeebling skill lol...

People lie, especially the ones who don't know shit. Get used to it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

From here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeko
    Summary of Conclusions

1) +1 MACC ("Magic Accuracy" the stat) is equivalent to +1 Skill

There is some debate as to whether 1 skill really equates to 0.9 magic accuracy over 200 base skill (as is the case for melee skills). Statistically it is incredibly hard to tell the difference between 1.0 and 0.9 without a massive number of trials, so the current testing is unable to support or refute this idea. For the purposes of this post, I will consider them equivalent unless future testing suggests otherwise.

2) +1 MACC increases the chance to land the spell successfully by 0.5% if the chance to land successfully is below 50%. If the chance to land successfully is above 50%, +1 MACC increases the chance to land the spell successfully by 1.0%.

This makes no reference to any "base magical accuracy" stat. It only states that if you add +1 MACC the chance to land the spell unresisted will increase by 0.5% or 1.0% depending on the land rate prior to adding the +1 MACC.

3) HQ Elemental Staves grant roughly a 20 to 30 MACC bonus.

It should be noted that this 20 to 30 number has long been assumed on JP Wiki.

4) +1 INT is equivalent to +1 MACC when the difference between the caster's and target's INT is at or below +10. +1 INT is equivalent to +0.5 MACC when the difference is above +10. It is currently unknown if there is another "tier".

This is meant in the context of spells that are based on an INT to INT check, which is true for say Elemental Magic. Other moves like Paralyze rely on a MND to MND check. Even still more complex, the stats of the mob and player don't always have to be the same. Certain Weapon Skills such as COR's Leaden Salute are based on an INT to AGI check. It depends on the individual move in question, but the general concept is likely to be the same.

5) The chance to successfully land a magic spell unresisted is dependent on the level difference between the caster and the target.

A similar penalty is imposed for melee accuracy.
    Kaeko is huge into math and has all kinds of numbers and confidence intervals and other statistical stuffs. We just nod our heads and agree with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    Realistically, the baselard and avocat are garbage(HQ staff and goliard feet) so 349 is the highest you can have in practical situations and 292 is the highest base.
    Avocat Pigaches are nice when the floor 20 bosses are total whores and won't put out for you. >_<

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Kaeko is huge into math and has all kinds of numbers and confidence intervals and other statistical stuffs. We just nod our heads and agree with him.
    Pretty much how it goes.

I still use skill > m.acc when they are within a point or two. If there is a substantial difference then maybe I will use m.acc. Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    From here.

And in that case, Kaeko is giving his seal of approval based a link to another statistical analyist's seal of approval based on tests from ANOTHER person who paid attention to statistical conformity in his tests. The M.Acc. stuff has definitely passed through lots of people who agree with the methodology and accuracy.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    Avocat Pigaches are nice when the floor 20 bosses are total whores and won't put out for you. >_<
    Yep. 1/1 on Avocat. 0/∞ for anything Goliard. Commencing rage.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Further testing after that post of Kaeko's seems to have disproved the 1 skill ~ 0.9 macc theory; it definitely seems to be 1:1 (for Elemental Magic).

The unbearable triteness of preening: Give me data or give me...

As far as I remember there were no test on magic accuracy from kaeko or the bloggers, just HQ/NQ staves and elemental gear. The effect of magic accuracy is assumption.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

There is some testing, just not as conclusive. The one test puts 1 macc at between 0.45% and 1.42% effective acc, whereas 1 skill is pretty conclusively found to be 1%.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    No, for soloing your best bet is usually either tavnazian taco, pescatora, or in a couple cases wizard cookies for plant killer(vivian and rapido). For group stuff, try goblin mushpots for a huge boost to slow/para potency or marron glace if your convert ratio is lacking.. if you're just trying to theoretically max enfeebling accuracy use cream puffs for the INT but they'll very rarely be a practical choice on RDM.
    tacos or bust on rapido. tacos can reduce damage taken from rapido almost in half. not to mention the plant killer doesn't proc very often anyway.

cream puffs/melon+1 are still very good soloing foods for bind kite fights. in most bind kite fights, you won't/shouldn't get hit much/at all, unless bind gets resisted (and even then gravity and/or utsu are almost always enough anyway), so the more macc the better, not to mention tacos are useless if you don't get hit.

Quote Originally Posted by rog View Post
    tacos or bust on rapido. tacos can reduce damage taken from rapido almost in half. not to mention the plant killer doesn't proc very often anyway.

cream puffs/melon+1 are still very good soloing foods for bind kite fights. in most bind kite fights, you won't/shouldn't get hit much/at all, unless bind gets resisted (and even then gravity and/or utsu are almost always enough anyway), so the more macc the better, not to mention tacos are useless if you don't get hit.
    The only bind kite fight I can think of where a half decent RDM won't have capped m.acc is seiryu, and survivability is definitely going to beat out a couple percent m.acc on bind over that long of a fight(not that it matters since it's just luck anyway). As far as Rapido, personal preference I guess, but tacos do nothing for the ~75% of the time you're not getting hit and each intimidation is saving you 2-3 shadows.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Not really relevant to this conversation, but it just seems the whole point of Mag.Acc is that it's just broad-spectrum. Were the skills and Mag.Acc might equal one another, Mag.Acc can be used for any spell etc. I personally see that as the only real difference between the two. A panacea if you will for somethign like RDM JSE when they have nearly every magic skill, it's not very efficient to list 5 different skill increases on every piece.

just a thought anyways.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

So wouldn't wise cap be acceptable pre-duelist chapeau?

I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

Duelist's Chapeau +1 > Duelist's Chapeau > Blood Mask > Crimson Mask >Elite Beret +1 > Morrigan's Coronal > Elite Beret >Valkyrie's Hat > Wise Cap +1 > Shadow hat > Nashira's Turban > Wise Cap > Ree's Headgear ?

I'd put warlock's+1 above wise cap+1, 5% off of recast is pretty nice on bind/grav/sleep and it still has INT on it.