+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

UFC 95 Sanchez vs. Stevenson

This Saturday free on spike tv, tape delayed at 7pm pacific, or if you are in canada it's live on sportsnet at 12 pm.

Main card

* Lightweight bout: Diego Sanchez vs. Joe Stevenson
    * Middleweight bout: Nate Marquardt vs. Wilson Gouveia
    * Middleweight bout: Demian Maia vs. Chael Sonnen
    * Welterweight bout: Dan Hardy vs. Rory Markham
    * Welterweight bout: Josh Koscheck vs. Paulo Thiago

Preliminary card

* Lightweight bout: Brian Cobb vs. Terry Etim
    * Heavyweight bout: Junior dos Santos vs. Stefan Struve
    * Heavyweight bout: Mike Ciesnolevicz vs. Neil Grove
    * Lightweight bout: Per Eklund vs. Evan Dunham
    * Welterweight bout: Troy Mandaloniz vs. Paul Kelly

I'm probably most excited to see Maia again, I hope he destroys Chael since I don't seem to like that guy too much. Since it's a free card it lacks a real main event but the top 3 fights are all exciting and seeing Koscheck likely run over a guy should be fun to see too. Hopefully dos Santos can get another huge KO (he is the guy who uppercut Werdum's head off) and have his fight shown on the main card.

It seems the left side fighters are usually the ones I pick.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Needs more Amir Sadollah, but I like diego alot his style and such, shoul dbe a fun night.

the elephant whisperer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Main card

Preliminary card

i think me picking stevenson is just as much me not liking diego as it is me thinking joe will win. i'm hoping dos santos gets into the live broadcast, he's fun to watch. not a koscheck fan, but he should win this fight...why is rory even on this btw?

Main card

Preliminary card

I don't really like Diego, but I'm assuming he'll beat Joe Daddy pretty handily. Marquardt should destroyo Gouveia, Maia is on fire, Hardy will decision, and Koscheck is fighting an octagon noob. I'd rather see Junior on the main card instead of the Dan/Markham fight, but oh well.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Main card

Preliminary card

Booya....Koscheck baby....love watching him fight. Sanchez VS Stevenson is tough....I like Stevenson but I think Sanchez will pull off the win....should be a good fight there.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Also, did anyone see that douchey Karo Parisian tested positive for banned prescription painkillers after winning that super narrow split decision vs. Dong Hyun (Stun Gun) Kim at UFC 94? I really hope they throw that match out so Stun Gun remains undefeated.

http://www.cagepotato.com/urine-trou...llowing-ufc-94

BG Level

I'm pretty sure they are legal to have if you report it to the commission some time before the fight. Karo claims he did report it and the commission claims he didn't which means it's banned. Karo is, in general, a douchebag, so it wouldn't surprise me if he is the one lying here rather than there being lost paperwork or something.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

damn koscheck been fighting a lot lately. feels like this is his third fight in almost as many months

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Does this mean that the Canadian sports commission agreed to let UFC go forward with the usual UFC rules, or did they take out knees and elbows and add a standing count when a fighter is struck and falls down? If the UFC went with Canada's stupid fucking regulations, then this whole event is going to be retarded.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Fhqwghads View Post
    Does this mean that the Canadian sports commission agreed to let UFC go forward with the usual UFC rules, or did they take out knees and elbows and add a standing count when a fighter is struck and falls down? If the UFC went with Canada's stupid fucking regulations, then this whole event is going to be retarded.
    Report: UFC 97 in Montreal is on

By Ken Pishna, MMAWeekly.com

The UFC and the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (RACJ) -- the governmental agency that has authority over combat sports in Quebec -- have come to an agreement that will keep UFC 97 in Montreal on April 18, according to a report from Canadian sports news site CorusSports.com.

Although UFC officials did not immediately respond to requests for comment, MMAWeekly.com has independently confirmed with multiple sources that UFC 97 is indeed staying in Montreal.

Though little detail was provided in the Corus Sports report, the UFC will apparently be allowed to operate under the same rules that it did last year in Montreal, including allowing knee and elbow strikes. The promotion reportedly agreed to disallow foot stomps, which was also a condition of the UFC's first foray into Canada.

UFC Vice President of Regulatory Affairs Marc Ratner, who is in England for this weekend's UFC 95, was reported as telling U.K. website MMABay.co.uk, "UFC 97 will go ahead on April 18 in Montreal as planned."

The whole firestorm of controversy surrounding UFC 97 was serious enough to cause the promotion to seek out the MGM Grand in Las Vegas as a back-up plan, according to Kevin Iole of Yahoo! Sports.

The controversy began when the Quebec Athletic Commission -- following recent events under its jurisdiction and under new leadership -- was considering a reinterpretation of its own rules. It had operated for years under the unified rules, which govern most mixed martial arts events, even though those were not the official rules on the books in Quebec.

Possible rules that the Commission was considering enforcing would have disallowed knee and elbow strikes, possibly required a smaller fighting area, and even forced the referee to stop the action to check on a fighter who was knocked down from a standing position by strikes.

This past weekend, UFC President Dana White appeared on a Montreal radio show insisting that they would try to work things out with the athletic commission, believing that the promotion would have a projected $12 million impact on Montreal.

"I don't think it's something that we can't work out ... and get this thing fixed so that we can continuously come to Montreal to hold events," he told the show's host. "I can't see (UFC 97) not coming there."

While White was busy traveling to Mexico and then London for this weekend's event, UFC owner Lorenzo Fertitta and Ratner went to Montreal on Tuesday to meet with the commission, which is how they were able to iron out the situation.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Good, that would be been stupid as hell. Apparently new guy wants to make his impact by being a douchebag and rocking the boat when precedents have already been set.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

What we need is some more Roger Huerta.

BG Level

Roger kinda sucks. He is entertaining if he can fight another brawler but he was built up on sub par fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Blarg View Post
    Roger kinda sucks. He is entertaining if he can fight another brawler but he was built up on sub par fighters.
    Yeah, but he's an above average brawler who always shows up for an amazing fight. He may never get a title shot (which he won't, since after his last fight on his contract he's going to try to get into acting), but I would love to keep watching him fight and progress as a fighter.

BG Level

Spoiler: show
    Looks like Dos santos taught this Paulo guy a thing or 2 about upsets

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Damn, I didn't understand the title of this thread. I didn't know this was going to be sports!

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

This is live at mma-tv.net btw, i think the title fight is next.

edit: nevermind, it's the Hardy/Markham fight now.

Confused, it's like the undercard and main card are totally mixed in the live event. Are they going to re-order the fights for the Spike show?

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    This is live at mma-tv.net btw, i think the title fight is next.

edit: nevermind, it's the Hardy/Markham fight now.

Confused, it's like the undercard and main card are totally mixed in the live event. Are they going to re-order the fights for the Spike show?
    The reason that the undercard/main card is mixed together is because almost all the fights ended so quickly that they need to fill the time slot, so they're throwing in some undercard fights. It'll be the same order on spike tonight. Maybe not as many fights though, because of commercials.

Main Card: Results

Paulo Thiago def. Koscheck via KO RD 1
    Demian Maia def. Chael Sonnen via Triangle Choke RD1
    Nate Marquardt def Wilson Gouveia via TKO RD3
    Dan hardy def Rory Markham by KO RD 1
    Diego Sanchez def Joe Stevenson by Unanimous decision

BG Level

Great card, tons of finishes and I think just 2 decisions.

I want to see Maia fight 1 or 2 more fights before a title shot, 1 of them should be against a top guy like Marquardt or Okami, although I think big dudes like them will give him a lot of trouble.

http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/q...mma/333333.gif