Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Last Stand isn't bad unless you have someone who is accurate with the pistol. I've been able to pick people off in Pipeline when I'm on the ground dying by the railroad tracks and they are up on the sheet metal roof. It's not hard, just takes a bit to get used to it. I love it when I get dropped right behind where another body is. It's like a free kill everytime in Headquarters.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BrillCS View Post
    Juggernaut just bothers me. They went out of their way to attempt to make the game realistic. Juggernaut is unrealistic.
    lol what

series in general:
    -typical FPS tropes with regards to the acquisition of ammo, reloading, bullet damage
    -the magazine sizes, ranges, and recoils of guns are all tweaked for balance
    -you can hold a heavy machine gun steady with one hand while you reload it
    -you can make bullet wounds heal by breathing deeply
    -no friendly fire (in core)

world at war:
    -recon planes can see people hiding in buildings but are fooled by people running around in a simple camouflage pattern
    -the real PTRS-41 weighed almost 50 pounds, and didn't mount a scope. its bullets are bigger than the barrett's but they have the same base damage as the other bolt action rifles
    -tabun doesn't disorient you, it kills you

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

You know what I mean douche

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I read about Tabun Gas after I was interested if what I saw on the game were the main causes of the gas. Then, due to how awesome wikipedia is, I read about nerve agents in general and then got really depressed and paranoid about chemical warfare.

Awesome.

Also interesting was reading about the PTRS-41, how it was a mounted anti-tank weapon capable of piercing early tank armor. Pretty epic if it were used with a scope as a sniper rifle though.

Quote Originally Posted by Okan View Post
    Sounds fun at first until you realize that everyone is doing it.
    Now that you mention it, that WOULD really suck, lol. Problem is it would be fun as hell at the same time =/

And as Blabj said; you'd really have to adjust the range. Or create it so you cannot use a silenced sniper and the UAV jammer perk.

Also, I don't know if people really would agree here, but using a clip system like in SOCOM would be more...interesting. You'd have to actually use the clips you have instead of kill -> reload -> kill (mainly talking about the spray and prayers.)

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Clip system + hardcore... Fun :D

Quote Originally Posted by Blabj View Post
    ^ This. That would be absolutely AMAZING

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Was anyone else here sponsored or on a team or competitive in cod4? Most of you seem to play it for fun. All I know is in that aspect the game is pretty fail and it's all about 2/3. I can only wish modernwarfare2, or cod5 will be better and more balanced for the higher level of gameplay. I know MW2 wont be, but at least we can hope.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I don't think anyone here was competitive with CoD4 with possibly the exception of Korietsu. And if he isn't, he should be. He's one of the few people with a K to D ratio that's better than mine that I have on my friend list. I don't think I would enjoy CoD nearly as much as I do if I was playing it competitively. Just not my thing. It would feel like a job at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Blabj View Post
    I agree with this. I like for people to be forced to be more tactical.

Also, I hate respawning right next to the guy who killed me, with my back turned to him.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I found playing competitive SnD is a lot more fun than just random rooms. I usually warm-up in one of those random rooms then spend my nights playing in private SnD servers. I also really enjoy playing with the required league mods that remove a lot of the broken weapons, perks, air strikes and choppers. You actually need skill to be good in these servers.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

An interface for monitoring clans would also be nice, with a way of confirming if someone can use your clantag, and a way to remove people if necessary. Nothing too advanced, just some ability to stop random scrubs from "joining" your clan.

To go back to one of my points in a previous post about xyz only matches, it would be cool if this was enforceable in private match settings. Along with controls to manually assign perks perhaps, or add in additional server given perks, such as bandolier or disallow juggernaut.

I should probably send some messages to IW...

Quote Originally Posted by OzzofAsura View Post
    I agree with this. I like for people to be forced to be more tactical.
    This is the biggest thing I disliked about CoD4; (Haven't played W@W, after my friend said it was a bigger waste of money than socom I wouldn't go buy it.) There was no tactics to it, you could use tactics...But you'd still get a huge kill rate from throwing a flashbang -> taking down as many people as you can.

Or using the ever classic suicide bomb cooking technique into a group of people on...The map where you did the "warpig" mission (Brainfart, can't remember)

As for competetive CoD, none for me =/ Played in a clan with my friends and they stopped doing comps a few months before I got my PS3.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I will always remember one game in particular. Playing Headquarters on Shipment I was using a silenced MP5. The other team was about to capture the base and all six were standing right on the HQ. I cooked a grenade and sprinted in. Quick and easy air strike lol got all six.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I've had some epic "extermination" moments, I remember one match I lobbed a grenade into the enemy spawn right at the start of the match, killed 2 people, got 3 running out of one exit towards me, and got the last guy running around the bottom of the map.

I can't remember the name of the match, it's one of the middle eastern maps, with the big court yard with a sniper room overlooking most of the map. Strike I think?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Hardcore S & D was the only way to play. God I wasted soooo many hours in CoD4 on Hardcore S & D.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Sounds like Strike. Are we talking the big courtyard with the tan stone columns in it? There are a couple of boards that I fucking hate but for some reason I always do well on them. Strike and Overgrown are two of them. I don't like either map but for some reason I'm always getting an assload of kills with only a handful of deaths.

My favorite maps for being a total fucker are Broadcast and Chinatown. Set up some claymores and I'm golden. On Chinatown it's easy as shit to get a massive amount of kills. Run up into the building that overlooks the main street(the one where the Headquarters spawns on the first floor) and plant a claymore at the top of the stairs, then another just inside the main room.

You have two different rooms you can use, the main room is a bit more dangerous because you're still susceptible to grenades etc. But you have a clear view overlooking the whole main street. Last time I was on there I racked up two separate twenty kill streaks using the M-249 and a stolen M-16 with an ACOG.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I'm usually decent on objective games on Broadcast, but I'm really not very good at Chinatown. I've had a few decent matches on it, but none as good as Broadcast.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Killhouse was always interesting haha.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Bout damn time, so sick of playing CoD WAW