+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 647 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

Slated for November, of course made by Infinity ward. Thats the only things confirmed.

First Glimpse of Modern Warfare 2 Caught in Testing | SCRAWL

TwitPic - Share photos on twitter

fourzerotwo is going to update MW2 info via Twitter / fourzerotwo

Robert Bowling, community manager for Infinity Ward, posted a new Tweet on his Twitter today stating that he's testing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 with Dane Cook. We get a small glimpse of the game, nothing we can see clearly. But at least now we know that it's in the testing phase. Hit the jump for the full-sized image.
    My frothing demand for this game is skyrocketing already.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bryant Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

With KZ2(hoping the MP is everything everyone is hyping it to be) and CoD(mw2 and so-on) I think, I'll be set for a long time.

posted a new Tweet on his Twitter
    Hurf.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Day 1 buy.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Didn't like Modern Warfare for some reason, I just can't get into modern military FPS games.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

COD4 grew on me and I turned to the PC and I enjoy it more than on the consoles. Will buy this though can't imagine on what they could improve over how successful modern warfare was.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

This will be awesome. I cannot wait for a game which isn't ridiculously unbalanced like CoD5 is.

More snipers and pistols plx!

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

How is COD5 unbalanced?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

MP40 versus any bolt action.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I can't edit posts, so here's some more reasoning:

You have to have reaction times as close to nothing to avoid bouncing betties, which are also usually impossible to see due to them being 75% submerged in fucking concrete/walk ways (srsly what the fuck)

Most LMGs being about as accurate as sniper rifles at long distances without having any bullet drop off despite the fact that you're shooting from one side of the map to the other.

The spawn points are absolute dog shit, I don't want to spawn INTO oncoming bullets, or in the middle of a heated fucking fire fight which my team are badly losing. I've felt disgusting before because I've killed people who have literally JUST spawned in front of me because for some stupid reason they don't seem to want to add any sort of proximity detection to where they spawn guys. It's almost as if they decided to reverse CoD4's code (which had decent spawning) and make it shit.

I guess you could argue this is because most of the maps aren't one sided, and CoD4 does sometimes put you quite far away from the action, but the fucking CoD5 system is so bad. There was a guy camping one side's spawn points in a tank because for some reason the game couldn't see past spawning a few people outside of this one building in the Reich level. It was ridiculous, he got like 30 kills inside of 2 minutes because everyone was easy pickings.

Dogs are gang raping little homing missiles, which decide to run around in packs of atleast 3, so even if you shoot one and stab one mid lunge (which usually means it will put you at 50% health unless you're lagging...) you're still going to die because you didn't see the sneaky fucker behind you.

Your own team's missile strikes seem to be more effective at getting friendlies killed than they do the other team. There is far too much screen shake and disorientation, either make it friendly fire all the time so no one is tempted to run through them, or make it at most do a 15% screen shake and stop sprinting like CoD4. The fact that it makes you walk at like 50% speed is ridiculous, it makes you a complete sitting duck.

The system they put in place to stop turbo controllers effectively stops anyone with a modecum of skill at firing from using the M1, which is aparently the only weapon in the game which they decided to put it on. I get turbo lagged from firing at about my average speed (4-8 shots/sec) while some fucker with an SVT or Gwehr comes along and spams his balls off with his shitty little modified controller and suffers no consequences.

Half the glitches in the game are ridiculous, and the amount of abuse of them that still happens is stupid, they should just make a report player function from the fucking score page for abusing glitches and modified controllers, because I swear I'd see about 10-15 people on my average day playing who're doing something unsportsman-like.

If you'd like me to carry on I can think of a few more points but I'm going to have a shower so you'll have to wait a while.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I've been jumping out of my chair for this since it was announced in Dec08. I loved COD4 since it was what I expected a Next-Gen SOCOM to be. COD:WaW was 'ok' but it was just COD4 with a WWII skin applied. Although, they did a lot of things I wanted changed in COD:WaW, reasons to prestige etc. I'm really looking forward to COD:MW2, in all its shiny glory.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I don't think CoD4 had bullet drop in multiplayer, did it? I could see it being in the one sniper mission, but I never thought it was even implemented in multiplayer with how small the maps are in terms of incorporating realism.

I do agree with the spawn points being awful, but if you look at all CoD series, most respawn points put you in relation to another player, which is why you spawn and die immediately sometimes. It's a bitch, but it seems to be the way it works. I've never had problems with dogs, and from my experience, while the MP40 with DT is good...it's nothing to be entirely upset about. I have a class for it, but I hardly ever use it unless it's on Courtyard or the one other small map. You shouldn't be up close with a bolt action against someone with an MP40 in the first place.

But yes, Modern Warfare 2 soon pls!

I don't think CoD4 had bullet drop in multiplayer, did it? I could see it being in the one sniper mission, but I never thought it was even implemented in multiplayer with how small the maps are in terms of incorporating realism.
    While there wasn't Y-axis bullet drop, they did lower the damage for projectiles the farther you were firing them. All the weapons have a defined "100% damage" distance--anything beyond this distance makes the damage drop off considerably. It's why you'll sometimes have to shoot 2-3 times to headshot a guy with a stopping power M14 when close-up it's a one shot kill every time.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Naramaska View Post
    While there wasn't Y-axis bullet drop, they did lower the damage for projectiles the farther you were firing them. All the weapons have a defined "100% damage" distance--anything beyond this distance makes the damage drop off considerably. It's why you'll sometimes have to shoot 2-3 times to headshot a guy with a stopping power M14 when close-up it's a one shot kill every time.
    This is what I meant by bullet drop off, sorry for any confusion earlier. It appears they decided not to include this feature in CoD5, or atleast not for consoles, because an MP40/PPSH/Browning is equally as powerful as a Mosin Nagant or other bolt action over a far distance, which is a bit crappy.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

The only thing I really agree about being majorly wrong with World at War is that the spawn system can be VERY frustrating.

Complaining about artillery strikes and dogs being too good is pretty silly considering they're supposed to be rewards. Do you remember how depressing it was to be playing against a good team, finally get a 7 kill streak, call in a chopper....... and hear it dying 4 seconds later? I sure do! The only thing that irritate me about dogs is your butter knife going into one and not killing it.

Complaining about bouncing betties and especially tanks really makes me laugh though. If the other team is being anal about planting betties in lame places you switch to a bomb squad build. It's not that hard. With tanks, well... my biggest pet peeve is the teammate complaining about the enemy tank and doing nothing to it. If they're in a tank I switch to Satchel Charges, Sticky Grenade, Sonic Boom, LMG build. Sure, the tank might get me once or twice but if the tank lives for more than a minute or two your team is being lazy. That said, I do enjoy the non-tank maps more, but I think that's just personal preference.

Yes, I do see a lot of MP40's but maybe you've forgotten people whoring the P90 in CoD4. This is nothing new. I do wish they'd make corrections to bolt action, but it's a fine line... you can't just make them all one hit kills or there would be nothing but bolt action.

All this said, I prefer the modern warfare era and have no doubt that Modern Warfare 2 > World at War.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I loathed FPS' for years, Warfare changed that. World at War brought back the hate.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

It wasn't a complaint against tanks, I don't mind tanks, you can kill them pretty quickly if you have a tank killer set up. It was the fact that the team were stuck in one spawn point because no one could get far enough way to open up other spawn locations. And of course the douche baggery of the people in tanks abusing the situation.

I would have been far less inclined to complain about betties if they were either a) more realistic (these mines weren't proximity, you had to actually stand on them to set them off, not somewhere nearby) or b) they had a longer fuse, so you could hear them set off and have a little more time to dodge them. Just go back to playing call of duty 4 after having a session on CoD5 and you'll notice claymores seem to take eons to explode.

The only thing that needs changing with dogs is a better AI. Attack dogs aren't homing missiles, they patrol and then attack upon picking up a scent or when they see a human. In my eyes they should have increased the duration of dogs but made them run around less, perhaps following a pre-determined path along the map, or walking around with less inclination to act like a computer trying to take the shortest path towards something.

P90 whores were annoying, but they were easy to phase out with a shotgun, and they took atleast 3 shots (as far as I remember) to kill, not 2 (without stopping power.)

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

COD:MW was probably the worst fucking cod competitively to date, with the exception of w@w being worse.

Fucking easy mode game. It was fun with friends, it was fun for singleplayer/achievements, but get serious with the game and it was absolute garbage. The only thing to make it worth playing online after a while were the mods to make it more like the other games. CoD2 is win, MW2 hopefully will be more like that so we can actually enjoy the game at lans and tournements. I NEED NEW SPONSERS AND PARTS DAMNIT

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Whoever runs in front of you is dead, with no recoil, anyway.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

MP40s overpowered? Imo that gun is a pos (I only play hardcore). Now overpowered is the STG-44, 1 hit kills, fast rate of fire and great accuracy even at long range. Yup I pity the fool that brings an MP40 to an STG party.

Also, arguing about snipers being underpowered when your playing in hardcore mode is a little silly since almost all guns can one hit kill in hardcore.

I really enjoy W@W but thats probally just because I really like World War II games (Day of Defeat ftmfw).

Now back on topic. MC2 will just be another reskin made to get dollars out of our pockets while doing very little work. Anyone notice the FPS market becoming a lot like Sports games? Can we expect a W@W2 reskin next year?