Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CoP 6-4 airship battle     submit to reddit submit to twitter

CoP 6-4 airship battle

Is this really as difficult as some guides have said? Because of the length and cost of CCB Polymer, not very many people seem willing to do it (or they don't show up when it's scheduled).

Ever since the July 2007 update, people keep saying "CoP missions are a joke now," and yet I continually see contradictions to that claim (which is extremely infuriating).

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Forming a competent group is harder than the battle itself. I wouldn't be too intimidated really, just follow the strategies posted around.

Good Luck!

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Certain parts of CoP have been nerfed into oblivion but not others. For example, the Promyvions now have very little enemies compared to how many there were previously. The 6-4 battle though, has remained untouched, from my experiences with the fight before and after the nerf. In fact, many of the BCNM fights seem pretty close to what they once were, it's the dungeons that seem to have received the biggest hit.

If you want help/strategies with the fight itself I must've lost at least a dozen times with the fight before winning and have helped a few other random groups win, so I know a lot about it. If you want a detailed strategy, PM me.

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/ffxi-...ip-battle.html
    Don't bring too many melee or you'll kill yourself with TP spam, have a BRD and WHM, and you can't really lose.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Its really not that hard of a fight. Keep your head up during that fight with the timer, and just make sure noone is jacking off.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

NIN , BRD , WHM , RDM and go with RNG or SAM/RNG~

that would be the perfect setup imo, but lets not get picky.
    like mentioned before, don't bring close range melee that feed the NMs TP and get shot with TP moves. if you must bring close range melee, have them /nin for shadows and make sure they aren't stupid. tell them to back off from the NM whenever their shadows are down or mp is hurting.

try to time the entry of the bc so that you fight Omega during night time and have the nin use the AF pants . with 1 march song and 1 mambo song, the nin shouldn't get hit at all

Omega imo is the toughest part of this BC, that hate reset move is brutal. make sure the melee are ready to zerg it down asap when it starts to get spammy. I'd have them 2 hours Omega if i were you.

the fight isn't that hard, just be smart at it. it's really one of the best BC fights in the game and i loved doing it.

good luck with the bc! sea is that much worth it. keep at it till you win

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Couple points -

This job is winnable if you have close-range DDs. I did it with a straight-tanking PLD, a BLU/NIN, SAM, and DRK. The DRK died every time 'cause she didn't have /NIN, so I made her 2hr+SE+mad buffs. (no BRD, sadly) Other than that, we saved 2hrs and as many CCBs as possible for Ultima so we could 1-shot him.

The BC may take you a few tries to nail the strategy if you're a generic party that doesn't have many job options, but you will get it eventually if you spot any errors when they occur. The following cutscenes are worth it if you've been enjoying the story, and sea is awesome. (There's a fight after in the way, but most statics go 1/1 on it. Ours didn't, lol)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I've done this fight several times.

Couple things:

Though it's likely possible without a bard, it'll be *far* more difficult without one. Elegy + Slow will make them both a lot more manageable.

DD should sub nin. A good number of moves are blockable by shadows. I've won with rnged DD and melee, so just get good ones. Stun will help (DRK or BLU or BLM) greatly.

Some people insist on NIN, but I've won this with pld tank comfortably, just get a good tank with proper support.

I find Omega is the harder of the two (at least in my experience). He gets progressively nastier as his HP lowers, more so than Ultima. I wouldn't be afraid to two hour him; getting through him without deaths and fast seems to be one of the biggest obstacles.
    If you are having people help, buy their CCBs for them, they shouldn't have to be burdened with that cost.

Most of Ultimas nasty stuff can be blocked by shadows, or having topped up HP.

To be safe, I'd recommend at least 2 ccbs for both. I've won with as little as 1 total, but just like anima, they simply help make it easier.

Silly Hat Connoisseur
    BG Level

Yup, DDs absolutely need /nin. Make sure your WHM is quick on the erase, and they need to cast it twice to get rid of both slow and elegy on the tank from the one Chemical Bomb move. You can usually afford to wipe once (maybe twice if you're particularly quick) before you'll run out of time.

Also, yell at your RDM or WHM to use goblin mushpots and MND gear for slow/para. It makes a huge difference on anything, but the amount of retarded mages who don't understand that they effect potency is pretty high and this is a fight where you want every possible advantage.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Have your NIN take a few hits rather than casting Ni while elegy+slowed in case your WHM is slow, maybe have him swap earth staff in or so, or activate defender. Anything beats hueg liek texas ni timer.

Silly Hat Connoisseur
    BG Level

Oh yeah also make sure the WHM/RDM share the haste cycle, WHM needs haste on themselves to get erase off asap. Probably best if the WHM hastes the tank and him/herself, and the RDM does the rest. That way the WHM knows when slow/elegy has gone and can most efficiently re-haste the tank.

Clever and witty, all together the ladies love the Nekura
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Bring a BLU if you can, they're amazing for this fight (and a lot of CoP in general).

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

look on the first page in i believe the events forum. There was a fairly well discussed thread on this exact topic during the week.

edit: found it

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/ffxi-...ip-battle.html

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I went WHM when we did this fight. I won't lie... we didn't win first time. Took about four or five attempts to get us all through. I went WHM and I gotta agree that the WHM has to be quick with Erase etc. I spent some time learning the names of the moves so I knew what to cast as soon as it popped in chat log.

It is a fun fight but the pressure of reaching Sea makes it not so much fun. You work all that way towards Sea and this is the last hurdle.... such a pisser when you lose.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Darwinion View Post
    It is a fun fight but the pressure of reaching Sea makes it not so much fun. You work all that way towards Sea and this is the last hurdle.... such a pisser when you lose.
    Wait till you get to the palace crawl, if you dont know your way around it'll be a lot worse than airship lol

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    Wait till you get to the palace crawl, if you dont know your way around it'll be a lot worse than airship lol
    blm or rdm + any melee job can clear palace crawl in 40-50 min with an online map :S

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    blm or rdm + any melee job can clear palace crawl in 40-50 min with an online map :S
    Guiding the NPC, or getting the Brand of Dawn/Twilight? For the latter, I just went Bard and sacked a lot with Hymnus, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuko_Asura View Post
    Guiding the NPC, or getting the Brand of Dawn/Twilight? For the latter, I just went Bard and sacked a lot with Hymnus, lol.
    guiding the npc, for the brands it shouldn't take more than 25 min for anyone with sleep >_>

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Thorny View Post
    Ya, I have no doubt about that lol. My first time as a noob with no clue on how to get through other than trying to figure out an online map which was hell. And also a few times helping friends simply sleep>running knowing where to go...what a world of difference