Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best place to farm Aern organs and other organ drop rates?

So im looking into getting an Aqua Gorget and says I need 10 Aern chips. Ive heard that the Aerns inside the palace have a higher drop rate. Besides those how are the drop rates like for other mobs? Planning on getting a Light gorget too.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Drop rates on outside Aerns are balls generally, doing them without TH is awful. Get some friends to come merit on the inside ones, can get some HQs too and sell/pop Ix'MNK.

Hpemde and Phuabo are not too bad. Om ones yield more organs. Xzomit mothers always drop a NQ organ. Aern outside are stingy, inside are better.

Ul'Yovra are not too bad, but Om'Yovra are 100%. Get BLMx4 BRD RDM and get 6 Yovra organs in one hour.

Sweet thanks.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Enedin View Post
    Hpemde are not too bad.
    This man is a liar. We have nicknamed these jewfish

Ul'Yovra are not too bad, but Om'Yovra are 100%. Get BLMx4 BRD RDM and get 6 Yovra organs in one hour.
    If you don't feel like getting 5 other ppl, grab a mnk and a rdm and you can do 3-4 in an hour.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Got some organs while farming for HQ aern organs so if you wanted to pop ix then you can do both at once (get some decent xp/merit too)

Quote Originally Posted by Meian View Post
    Got some organs while farming for HQ aern organs so if you wanted to pop ix then you can do both at once (get some decent xp/merit too)
    For some reason I immediately thought of that awful meme while reading this. I'm a terrible person.

yo dawg, i herd u like organs, so we put organs with your organs so you can farm while you farm!

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Was trying to pop Ix'Drg a couple hours a day for a few days last week. I now have 7700 virtue stones and 49 of the pouches came from Aern Organs, so I'd say drop rate is pretty good inside.

Also lol at jewfish, it is so true.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aragon of Odin View Post
    Was trying to pop Ix'Drg a couple hours a day for a few days last week. I now have 7700 virtue stones and 49 of the pouches came from Aern Organs, so I'd say drop rate is pretty good inside.

Also lol at jewfish, it is so true.
    if i didn't drop so many, i'd probably have well over 10k stones from solo/duoing ixdrk lol.

imo best to get them from the aerns you need to kill for the ix'aerns. even if the drop rate was slightly worse, may as well kill two birds with one stone if you can, plus exp can be nice.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Not saying this is true for everyone, but I've found that the Aw'aerns in the garden (the ones you kill to spawn DRG/DRK) drop NQ organs for me much more often than the Eo'aerns in the palace.

Which is unfortunate, because Aw'aerns don't drop HQ organs at all, that I've ever seen.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    This man is a liar. We have nicknamed these jewfish
    lol that is awesome.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

the Ix'Drg ones are definitely the way to go if you want NQ organs.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

If you have Blm, and need Xzomit, an easy way to do it is to sleepga the middle one, which will usually get all 3, if not, sleep 2 the last one. Then manaburn the main one down quickly. If you do it near the updraft, you can simply zone back out into Sealion's Den before the other two wake up. This is a cakewalk on Hume with good gear, but only 2 mp merits, so I imagine that Taru can do it without breaking a sweat.

Doing this, I got the 4 I needed to finish off an Obi within about 20 minutes.

For Xzomit I have 2 methods: RDM/BLM just sleepga, rest, nuke and sleepga again. But RDM/NIN is much more FUNE, Sleep II one baby, Sleep I the other, melee the mother while keeping the others slept, and if you feel like it, kill them off afterwards.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Do Ix'aerns you'll get loads of organs waiting the 5+ hrs trying to pop Ix'drg.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

i have a nice little xzmoit camp, has 2 wandering parents with 1 baby each that i got about 24 organs within 2 hours or so just messing around on drg/blu, its in the mea zone right when you zone in its around there somewhere <_<, go left or right basically its a little horseshoe area with some land and a shark.

also found that mea sharks drop more often for me than holla ones, other than that hpemdes really are jewfish

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

When you need a HQ organ to pop a jailer, the droprate becomes pretty much zero.

So hang on to some of those, so you don't waste time killing half the zone to get 1 fucking organ to pop the thing.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Has anyone actually ever gotten an organ from an Ul'yovra? I'm 0/10 on those fuckers...

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Quote Originally Posted by Apollyon View Post
    Has anyone actually ever gotten an organ from an Ul'yovra? I'm 0/10 on those fuckers...
    I'm something like 3/5 last I checked. Not suggesting that is the drop rate, but I know for a fact that that mob can drop the applicable organ. It definitely isn't a 100% drop though.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollyon View Post
    I'm about 40-50% in all my kills, without TH.