Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Walk of Echoes     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Walk of Echoes

If this doesindeed the become the endgame area of WOTG (analogous to sky or sea), what would you see or encounter in that.....weird area? (besides equipment to enlarge your E-wang)

Instant teleportation between Maws? A new wyrm or HNM? An incarnation of Goddess Altana herself?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Something small and deady similar to:

http://www.videogamesprites.net/Seik...k%20Rabite.gif

Would be most ideal.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Dark Rabite FUCK YEAH!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I'd go out on a limb and say this rocky gargoyle thingy.
    http://i42.tinypic.com/2djs5q9.jpg

Other than that, who knows?

They removed subjobs for CoP dynamis, and removed everything for Salvage. I hope there's no more gimping tools left in their toolbox by now.

I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynplaine View Post
    They removed subjobs for CoP dynamis, and removed everything for Salvage. I hope there's no more gimping tools left in their toolbox by now.
    You walk in everyone is a random job they have leveled.
    No gear
    No sub job

and you have to win your unlocks by rolling dice against the goblin from the THF AF quest....

Nekio

and you have to win your unlocks by rolling dice against the goblin from the THF AF quest....
    Dude, that's not funny.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by stewie View Post
    Wth is that, lol? Someone Japanese video game that never came over to the states?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobsonofgod View Post
    You walk in everyone is a random job they have leveled.
    No gear
    No sub job

there is a lot more they can do... they can mix it up, when you port somewhere it will be random what happens. that floor no sub jobs, maybe no magic maybe no gear! they can think of a 100 ways to piss us off.

no sub job at all would be funny! maybe vrtras helm would have a reason to be in the game?

COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dejet View Post
    there is a lot more they can do... they can mix it up, when you port somewhere it will be random what happens. that floor no sub jobs, maybe no magic maybe no gear! they can think of a 100 ways to piss us off.

no sub job at all would be funny! maybe vrtras helm would have a reason to be in the game?
    SE has shown they can be far crueler than we can imagine. Then again, as the old saying goes, "don't give the DM ideas".

"There are three spine monkeys in the room."
    "Is that like a monkey that rips your spine out?"
    "No, they have quills on them, like a porcupi- Wait. Yes, you're right. And it gets stronger the more spines it attaches to itself from your party members."

OT: More weirdly aggroing mobs like 'phuabo and 'yovra or mobs with strange behaviour like 'hpemde would be interesting. Sea is a great example of strangeness that's interesting instead of irritating.

Maybe monsters who have a casting pattern that changes based on what JAs you use, or mobs that phase in and out (similar to 'grah aggro/non-aggro but in terms of whether they can be interacted with or not), or maybe more "aura" effects like the SCNM bosses.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Araelus View Post
    SE has shown they can be far crueler than we can imagine. Then again, as the old saying goes, "don't give the DM ideas".

"There are three spine monkeys in the room."
    "Is that like a monkey that rips your spine out?"
    "No, they have quills on them, like a porcupi- Wait. Yes, you're right. And it gets stronger the more spines it attaches to itself from your party members."

OT: More weirdly aggroing mobs like 'phuabo and 'yovra or mobs with strange behaviour like 'hpemde would be interesting. Sea is a great example of strangeness that's interesting instead of irritating.

Maybe monsters who have a casting pattern that changes based on what JAs you use, or mobs that phase in and out (similar to 'grah aggro/non-aggro but in terms of whether they can be interacted with or not), or maybe more "aura" effects like the SCNM bosses.
    Monsters that retreat when weak and possibly link more would be great, though WoW-like....

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Monsters that retreat when weak and possibly link more would be great, though WoW-like....
    And make them immune to Stun/Gravity/Bind/Sleep/etc.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

No do it like Earthbound, weak monsters run for their lives when they see you and if you catch up to them.....1hit kill! lol ok scratch the last part. Always wondered why weaker thinks don't try to run away when you approach them engaged to them.

COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by NeoForte View Post
    No do it like Earthbound, weak monsters run for their lives when they see you and if you catch up to them.....1hit kill! lol ok scratch the last part. Always wondered why weaker thinks don't try to run away when you approach them engaged to them.
    Adding anything that's akin to Earthbound is a good idea. Dynamis' got nothing on Moonside. Nothing.

I always wanted to kill bluefaced hippies in FFXI, too.

I think some Qiqirn already do this.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Araelus View Post
    I think some Qiqirn already do this.

I think that's only the bomb droppers and it's not based on their HP that they run away

COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV

BG Level

I think that's only the bomb droppers and it's not based on their HP that they run away
    If I remember correctly, the Qiqirn Archaeologists (Aydeewa Subterrane RNGs, typical Black Mage pre-Zhayolm camp) would get scared and run away to link their friends. But I think you're right that it isn't HP-based. The Salvage ones that warp away from you are much more irritating.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Simple and annoying way to "challenge" players. When you enter the instance, everyone is brought down to level 1. There are groups of enemies in the instance and 1 boss, every time you kill a group of enemies you receive a chest that "levels up" the alliance by 5/10 levels until you hit 75 again and fight the Mega Boss. Works just like level sync, you can use your 75 gear since there are no level restrictions anymore, and it fits with the whole "time-travel" theme, except this time its your characters level that gets sent back.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Instead of making stuff fcking annoyin, how about they gave us more item space?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by hagun View Post
    Instead of making stuff fcking annoyin, how about they gave us more item space?
    someone does not read interviews! SE said that there is 80 cap on anything just about in this game. They plan to raise invo to 80 and are working on other ways to add space in the game. something about it can only pull up one list at a time as well. also... what is with people and space lol ya we do not have a LOT, but 9./10 when someone tells me they need space, I ask them what about your Mog house? are you 80/80 there? and they tell me no. and I just do not talk to them.

assburgers
    BG Level

They need to make a storage space for gear you're currently wearing, why is it in my bag AND on my toon again?

Dupe much?

Also: perhaps those gargoyles will randomly be statues blending in with the spikes we see around the edges of WoE zone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast