+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level

New Terminator alvator trailer

TERMINATOR SALVATION on Yahoo! Movies

Pretty epic!

Damnit, accidentally hit submit before I correct the title, Mods Halp!

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

This looks suprisingly good, especially coming from McSuck

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

Wow does look pretty good. Not liking the story too much but makes sense.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Honestly have always wanted a movie about the war itself, so im super pysched about this. That's my favorite NIN song as well, so of course I liked this trailer.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

I didn't like the first trailer but that was a lot better. Music went good with it although I don't listen to that kind.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Looks good, the bike part is pretty sick.

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    Honestly have always wanted a movie about the war itself, so im super pysched about this. That's my favorite NIN song as well, so of course I liked this trailer.
    Yeah I love that song, and liked the Trailer. Kinda like when the 300 trailer came out with the NIN song in it too.

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Also this was on yahoo today

10 Essential Facts About 'Terminator Salvation'
    by Matt McDaniel    March 2nd, 2009

Terminator Salvation By now, if there's one thing everyone knows about "Terminator Salvation," it's not to walk around adjusting lights while Christian Bale is doing a scene. After audio of the star's rant directed at Director of Photography Shane Hurlbut leaked online last month, a flood of talk show jokes and internet parodies followed. But even if you've heard Bale's tirade -- and his subsequent apology -- there is still a lot about the fourth "Terminator" movie you probably don't know. So here are ten things you need to know before the movie hits screens in May. Plus, we have the exclusive new trailer for you to watch at the bottom of the page. And if you don't think this movie looks truly awesome, then you and me are done professionally.

1. The Terminator "Terminator Salvation" is a prequel to 1984's "The Terminator" that takes place 34 years after the original. How does that work? It is set in a post-apocalyptic Los Angeles of 2018 during the early days of the human resistance, eleven years before Kyle Reese is sent back in time to protect Sarah Conner from the first Terminator.

2. The story centers on John Conner, who has been told from birth that he will lead the humans against Skynet and its army of Terminators. But at this point he's just a foot soldier still climbing the ranks. Everything Conner believes is called into question with the arrival of Marcus, who claims to be a human from before the bombs went off, but is revealed to be something else entirely.

3. Director McG The movie is directed by McG, who previously made the "Charlie's Angels" films and "We Are Marshall." His name is actually Joseph McGinty Nichol, but from birth his family called him "McG" to distinguish him from his grandfather and uncle, who were both named "Joe." In 2003, McG was going to direct a new version of "Superman," but filming was to take place in Australia, and, ironically, McG is afraid to fly.

4. Christian Bale was McG's first choice to play John Conner, whom he calls "the most credible action star in the world right now." McG offered Bale the part while he was shooting "The Dark Knight," and he initially turned it down. Bale told McG that if he could refine the script to the point where it could be read on stage without any special effects and still be a compelling story, he would agree to star in it.

5. To that end, McG brought Jonathan Nolan on board to rewrite the script. Nolan is the brother of director Christopher Nolan, and they collaborated on the screenplays for "The Prestige" and "The Dark Knight." Anthony E. Zuiker, the creator of TV's "CSI" franchise, also worked on the script. With the script in place, Bale signed on to play Conner, with the option to do two more "Terminator" movies if this one is successful.

6. Sam Worthington McG met with "Terminator" creator James Cameron, who wasn't involved in the third movie and reportedly wasn't happy with how it turned out. Cameron didn't contribute to the script of "Salvation," but he did recommend Australian actor Sam Worthington for the part of Marcus. Worthington also stars in "Avatar," Cameron's first movie as a director since "Titanic," which will be released this December.

7. Also in the cast: Anton Yelchin plays the young version of Kyle Reese, who will later go back in time and father John Conner. Yelchin will also be the young Chekov in this summer's "Star Trek." Bryce Dallas Howard is Kate Conner, John's wife, who was played by Claire Danes in "Terminator 3." And Helena Bonham Carter plays the villain, Serena. Carter said she took the role because her partner, director Tim Burton, is a huge "Terminator" fan.

8. One of Stan Winston's Creations Stan Winston, the special effects mastermind who built the original "Terminator" and supervised the three previous movies, worked on "Salvation" up until his death last June. McG has said he plans to dedicate the film to Winston's memory. The movie will have a host of new robots to plague humanity: Harvesters that grab and collect people (and launch motorcycle-like Terminators to chase down anyone who runs), Hydrobots in the water, and Aerostats in the sky. Also, we'll see the T-600 models, the easy-to-spot rubber-skinned robots Reese mentions in the first movie.

9. Though he's been a bit preoccupied with running California since "Terminator 3," Arnold Schwarzenegger may make an appearance in "Salvation." Reportedly, a computer-animated recreation of Schwarzenegger's face will be digitally grafted onto the body of Austrian bodybuilder Roland Kickinger (who played the young Arnold in a TV movie). McG is also in talks to have Linda Hamilton reprise her role as Sarah Conner in a voice-over that will tie the beginning of this movie to the end of "Terminator 2."

10. One fact that is still unknown about "Terminator Salvation" is what rating it will receive from the MPAA. The three previous "Terminator" movies were all rated R, but the producers are pushing McG to bring this one in at a PG-13. As with the fourth "Die Hard," the studio is hoping a more kid-friendly rating will bring in bigger crowds (and sell more action figures and video games). At a panel at WonderCon on Sunday, McG asked the crowd if they would prefer an R-rated movie, to much applause. But it stands to reason that if the theatrical release is rated PG-13, an "unrated" DVD edition is sure to follow.

"Terminator Salvation" will be hitting screens for the Memorial Day weekend on May 21st.

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ya in the wake of unrated DVDs and Director's cut's I've gotten over the "bwahhh its PG13 its going to suck"

I go to the movie theater to see the special effects on the big screen. I'll be quite content with DVD release and usually look forward to those more then the theatrical release lately.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

I was prepared to judge the young Kyle Reese, since nobody will ever come close to Michael Biehn in my book - but I googled his picture, and he's accepted looks-wise, at least. I haven't seen him in anything, do idk about his acting yet.

Beyond that, I am psyched like whoa for this movie!!!

what NIN song was that?

I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

day the whole world went away ?

From the fragile
    1999 Disc 1 track 2.

Thanks^^

Seems like the version of the song in the trailer is slightly different than the usual version (Green).

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lexa View Post
    I was prepared to judge the young Kyle Reese, since nobody will ever come close to Michael Biehn in my book - but I googled his picture, and he's accepted looks-wise, at least. I haven't seen him in anything, do idk about his acting yet.

Beyond that, I am psyched like whoa for this movie!!!
    You should watch some of his movies. Hearts In Atlantis is one of my favorite of all time.

assburgers
    BG Level

The version in the trailer is just cut a little differently, might be one of the versions off the Fragility.

Looked pretty cool, I dug the big mecha harvester and the bikeinators, made me have flashbacks of MOSPEADA, the Cyclones and Betas... which is bad ass. Haven't seen T3, but I'll probably watch this just for the harvest/bike terminators.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqy55RqyTyo Mospeada, which was the Invid Invasion part of Robotech after Harmony Gold got done with it.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya

BG Level

I still can't find anywhere whether this is canonical with the third film or strictly prequel to the events of the first. Damn time-traveling plot-lines...

damn i cant get that song out of my head now. but im only listening to the green version. the one in the trailer is slightly different...cant find it anywhere D;

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    I still can't find anywhere whether this is canonical with the third film or strictly prequel to the events of the first. Damn time-traveling plot-lines...
    The article the Dimmauk posted seems to imply that it is a "prequel" to the first two movies and they are basically just pretending the third movie never existed. At least that's what I gathered from it.

The movie is not doing so well over at Rotten Tomatoes. Currently at 35%.

General concensus seems to be: awesome action sequences, but storyline absolutely sucks

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

alvator