Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Low maning Gotoh Zha the Redolent

I finally got around to getting my tier 3 pop item for this guy and want to try to low man him. I was going to give this setup a try.

pld/nin
    smn/whm 5
    brd/whm
    whm/smn
    blm/whm

Was going to try to kite him around the tower where you spawn him and have the smn's use Diablos. I basically want to know if anyone has low maned this guy and what setup you used.

If 9 is considered lowman, then yes that setup will work fine. You might want a second tank in case the PLD eats an unholy firespit, iirc they can get as high as like 1800.. but that's pretty much the only damage they'll take.

2 PLDs is nice, but anything can kite him, even without movment.

1st Phase his BLM phase, hes a joke to kite, he will do long cast spells and stop often.
    2nd Phase his WHM phase, he will be in melee range more and run more then cast, so this is where hate gets loose as you have a lot less time to cast, and spend most the time running so you don't eat Firespit or Groundburst.

its vital your ppl know that Groundburst will go off around him, regardless of if the tank gets out of range. So if 4-5 mages are near it, and it does Groundburst, be ready for heavy damage, if not a ton of deaths. People need to know to stay back in Phase 2.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

It always uses warm-up before groundburst. After using warm-up it will begin the charge on groundburst as soon as it gets in range of the person with hate but I believe it will still go off even if that person gets out of range. Have the blm come rdm if possible and sub /drk to stun groundburst (quite easy to since you always have warning of it from warm up) and refresh as needed.

Gotoh has high MDB esp in WHM form. It's going to be a long fight since Nether Blast will be doing poor damage. If you insist on bringing those jobs get PLD to stop kiting periodically for SMN to land physical BP.

If you have more than 2 pops consider straight tanking - 2 tanks, WHM, RDM, BRD, SMN, and 3 BLM (to stun groundburst) should be able to kill it under 30mins.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ive personally killed it with

PLD/nin
    WHM
    BRD
    BLM
    BLM
    BLM

We did come dangerously close to raging it, all about when it decides to use benediction.

But basically PLD kited it around the tower over and over, BLMs nuking as it passes, every 5 min we would have the PLD stop and hold it with sentinel and the BLMs go all out on it.

Yes by the end nukes were doing very poor damage but we managed it.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlah View Post
    Gotoh has high MDB esp in WHM form. It's going to be a long fight since Nether Blast will be doing poor damage. If you insist on bringing those jobs get PLD to stop kiting periodically for SMN to land physical BP.

If you have more than 2 pops consider straight tanking - 2 tanks, WHM, RDM, BRD, SMN, and 3 BLM (to stun groundburst) should be able to kill it under 30mins.
    This is the best solution.
    I hate kiting this mob. It's not necessary, especially if you have 2 tanks. Have blms or rdm/drks do a mini-rotation to stun groundburst. Smn damage is good if i recall, ranged damage is good.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Straight tank it?

2-3DDs with brd+healer+(1-2)stunners.
    It always uses a Warm-up before groundburst so its rather easy to stun groundburst.

The main issue are the GAs really.

Done with: PLD PLD BRD RDM WHM RNG RNG, not too difficult.

You don't need to stun Groundburst. Fire-kits are your friend.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b9...suko/Gotoh.jpg

And Firespit damage is no different.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

MNK/NIN
    MNK/NIN
    MNK/NIN
    RDM/DRK
    WHM
    BRD

It's been said many times before this post and before this thread - kiting is highly unnecessary. Groundburst only comes after Warm-Up (which is highly infrequent unless you kite it), a single stunner is enough to prevent all of the ga spells and Groundbursts that may come along. Other melee will work fine, just make sure that they have a good chunk of HP because Rushing Drub (or whatever multhit weaponskill it has) can do a lot of damage.

I find it depressing that people still recommend kiting this thing, it's easier to straight tank it assuming you're not a total screw up (and quicker too.)

I've done it rdm/nin + BLMx2. Rdm kites, BLM nukes, that was before the raging were implemented.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by transmit View Post
    Ive personally killed it with

PLD/nin
    WHM
    BRD
    BLM
    BLM
    BLM

We did come dangerously close to raging it, all about when it decides to use benediction.

But basically PLD kited it around the tower over and over, BLMs nuking as it passes, every 5 min we would have the PLD stop and hold it with sentinel and the BLMs go all out on it.

Yes by the end nukes were doing very poor damage but we managed it.
    It can still be killed raged, and actually pretty easily. It will just really increase the time it takes to kill it.

Forcing something to run out of MP isn't recommended, though. We're talking hours upon hours, potentially.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    MNK/NIN
    MNK/NIN
    MNK/NIN
    RDM/DRK
    WHM
    BRD
    this is the real meaning of low manning to win with ease

but i will go
    MNK/NIN
    DRK/NIN
    THF/NIN
    RDM/DRK
    WHM/DRK
    BRD/WHM

cos i like more stuns, and i love TH for bloody sword

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Did this Fight Saturday and killed him with

pld/nin
    blm/whm
    smn/whm x4

Was a long fight and went over the rage timer but we were still able to kill him.