View Poll Results: What game should I play?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • WoW

35 21.21%
  • FFXI

52 31.52%
  • City of Heroes

2 1.21%
  • Warhammer

14 8.48%
  • Something New

62 37.58%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What MMO to choose?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

ulation. AKA: The Pickle!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

What MMO to choose?

So, I've played MMO's for a long time now and I've been away from any games for about 4 months. We'll I now have time to pick something up and I can't choose what game I want to play. I did FFXI for about 3 years total, WoW for about 3 years total, City of Heroes for maybe a year or less, and Warhammer for a few months.

Now I can't decide what I should try out. I thought about maybe Lord of the Rings Online, but I've never gotten into any of those movies. I was debating on whether I should go back to an old game or pick up something new.

Any ideas?

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

If you quit playing any of the previous games for a reason (in game, not money issues, etc) you will more than likely find yourself bored of them quickly if you start playing again. Find a new game imo.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

I was playing WoW 4 months ago when WOTLK come out, but got a new job and had to focus on it. So, I dread trying to catch up all my toons to lvl cap.

I would love to go back to FFXI, but I would hate to start over and be so left behind. CoH was fun, but it seemed kind of repetitive after a few weeks. I just didn't like warhammer, it bored me.

Xavier

I would think creating a brand new character in FFXI would be among the greatest labors the world has ever seen.

Something new is probably best unless you have friends in a game that you'd like to play with again.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I'd try something new if you're going to get back in MMO gaming. Eve Online is pretty good after you get used to the game mechanics. The best part is you can play pretty casually by training skills (which are based on time rather than points) without even being logged in. The tutorial system is pretty decent and will teach you the basics within a few days. Overall, it's a pretty big sandbox experience where you can do just about anything from hunting space pirates, mining, inventing ships/equipment, or joining a PVP corp and fighting other corps. There's a 15 day free trial, and the game is free to download so there's really nothing to lose in just giving it a try.

A. Body
    BG Level

They'd have to offer Ronzo'ish Male Mithra and a fucking car to get me to make a completely new char in FFXI. SJ, kazham keys, and COP can fuck themselves.

Something new is probably best. I play RO on the free server when I get tired of everything else. Horrible grind, but it can be pretty fun to play.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

few of my friends and myself have been testing out eq2 oddly enough. Think people forget that game exists (came out same year as WoW). I'm enjoying it a lot. I think if you want something new and liked ffxi, try the eq2 trial and see how you like it.

What I've been doing is I keep trying trails of new games to see what suits me, while I wait for more additions to WAR (still <3 it but I've done everything there is to do so far).

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Ejac View Post
    I thought about maybe Lord of the Rings Online, but I've never gotten into any of those movies.
    sigh...

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by LD View Post
    I play RO on the free server when I get tired of everything else. Horrible grind, but it can be pretty fun to play.
    May as well play on a private server with a low or mid exp rate.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Zul'jin

Yea, I was thinking the same thing about ffxi. A long time ago when I was mad addicted I had 6 lvl 75 jobs in a year, lol. What a loser.. but I don't think I have that much time and patience now to start over and get all the crap done. Not to mention the late night king camps and shight.

Who knows? I can't make up my mind what I'd like to play. I might try out EQ2, but I never even played the first one. I also had a buddy playing Eve online, but he quit shortly after he started. So everything is a toss up right now

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    May as well play on a private server with a low or mid exp rate.
    I probably should, but I've had bad experiences with a few in the past. One screwed the main client so much it was nearly impossible to uninstall.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    few of my friends and myself have been testing out eq2 oddly enough. Think people forget that game exists (came out same year as WoW). I'm enjoying it a lot. I think if you want something new and liked ffxi, try the eq2 trial and see how you like it.

What I've been doing is I keep trying trails of new games to see what suits me, while I wait for more additions to WAR (still <3 it but I've done everything there is to do so far).
    EQ2 is pretty fun, but note that once you get to the endgame TSO stuff, you'll run out of things to do without a hardcore raiding guild pretty quickly.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

None, and free yourself of the plague known as MMO's. I quit ffxi a few weeks ago and plan to stay quit. Quality of life has improved oh so much.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Archlord is pretty fun and completely free, it also has good graphics, WoW quality imo

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Think imma wait for Warhammer 40k before I jump ship.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Avoid City of Heroes/Villains at all costs, no joke. Game has absolutely shitty endgame, once you get a toon to 50 all that's left to do is money farming for better traits and some ghetto ass pvp. No endgame content at all.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Imo.. Wait for Aion.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob View Post
    EQ2 is pretty fun, but note that once you get to the endgame TSO stuff, you'll run out of things to do without a hardcore raiding guild pretty quickly.
    I kind of disagree about needing a raid guild, especially since TSO launch. Unless you play super hardcore, shard grinding in TSO instances can keep you occupied for a while. Of course, you could always just play a Coercer and bomb through just about any non-raid content at your leisure.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    I kind of disagree about needing a raid guild, especially since TSO launch. Unless you play super hardcore, shard grinding in TSO instances can keep you occupied for a while. Of course, you could always just play a Coercer and bomb through just about any non-raid content at your leisure.
    It only took like 2.5 months of pretty casual play to max out my tier 2 shard gear with those instances (Fae Wizard). Since then, there really hasn't been much content.

Love-God among men.
    BG Level

Voted FFXI, but stay free from MMOs is the real answer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast