Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark knight in need!     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Dark knight in need!

Ive looked through alot of the threads and i guess im kinda lost on something if you all could help me out that would be great. Now perdu/tred have proven to be the better of scythes if you cant get relics. But my questions is - str mods = base dmg right? with my current setups wouldnt a death scythe+1 be better for me? or why wouldnt it be? I use meat and feel I have a strong accuracy build. Ive annoyed the shit out of 1 drk on my server who is pretty much as pimp as they come and he was like perdu/tred forget death+1. I take his word for it but really im just kinda confused as to why with the setup I have.

*Current TP build*
    weapon - perdu sickle
    sub - pole grip
    ammo - fire bomblet
    head - homam
    neck - justice torque
    ear1 - brutal earring
    ear2 - abyssal earring
    body - hauberk +1
    hands - homam
    ring1 - ulthalams ring
    ring2 - rajas ring
    back - cuchulains mantle
    waist - swift belt
    legs - homam
    feet - homam

*current WS gear*
    weapon - perdu sickle
    sub - pole grip
    ammo - fire bomblet
    head - are's mask
    neck - justice torque
    ear1 - brutal earring
    ear2 - abyssal earring
    body - hauberk +1
    hands - are's gauntlets
    ring1 - triumph ring
    ring2 - rajas ring
    back - cuchulains mantle
    waist - warwolf belt
    legs - Onyx cuisses
    feet - hct. leggings

Before bothering you guys I tried to do my own research but couldnt find answers with diffrent gear builds. Thankyou again everyone and sorry if this is somethin you have all seen a million times. =(

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

homam head wtf? aces/askar are better, and even the turban is better than spikyhead.

dont have either and il take the acc over walmart turban for the time being until I do get aces/askar. but back to the question about the scythe which and why?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

With your current acc (I assume 8 scythe merits), you should really switch out 2% haste for the 4 acc. You would use speed belt (or equiv) if you had it, right? Same deal. And you should be having no issues on acc, except maybe on higher evasion mamools.

On end game mobs, if your acc is so terrible, I'd just switch to the Are's head you have.

From what I understand, Perdu ~ Tred ~ Death +1. Minimal difference (within 1% I believe). Only thing I'll say about Perdu is you have to use Echphoria to get a true 6-hit (Rajas, brutal, Ech), but seeing as you're trading it for Ulth, not a big loss. I would recommend true 6-hit, it'll matter in a number of situations.

lol

bastards.

"would use speed belt (or equiv) if you had it, right? Same deal." <-- eye opener. lol

Guess I just worry alot. I get pissed off when I miss a swing on multi hits so I kinda went balls deep in ACC lol. but good call from you two il switch to wala until I either askar/aces. And i thought with delay 501 you need askar body to get 6 hit. If you cant tell by now im a complete idiot lol. I never really got to in depth with alot of aspects in the game like how to maximize dmg etc. until recently so i never payed much attention as to how alot of number games work with gear.

Quote Originally Posted by rewrite View Post
    dont have either and il take the acc over walmart turban for the time being until I do get aces/askar. but back to the question about the scythe which and why?
    You really should use Walahra Turban. Homam Zuchetto not only looks worse than Turban but it's also pretty rubbish.

Anyways, i'm not a Dark Knight but I would have thought the answer is obvious, Tredecim for the extra crits and Perdu for the extra accuracy and attack.

Edit: to answer your question, you can still get a 6-hit with Perdu with just Rajas/Brutal when using a multi-hit WS because of the extra TP gained (unless you miss enough hits of course).

The

the thing that im most confused on is if the str mods = base dmg. and we all shoot for high str+ as DD why wouldnt base dmg 98 be better than 93?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

for guillotine use acc and attack

str and mnd wont do much at all

Quote Originally Posted by nuke View Post

And what if you have capped accuracy/attack? -.-

Quote Originally Posted by nuke View Post

Well that answers a good portion of the question then if guillotine pulls most dmg from attk/acc why perdu would be better. I always thought the higher the base dmg on somethin the higher the dmg you could do.

COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV

BG Level

Higher base DMG value will increase your theoretical maximum damage, yes. More acc/att (especially landing all four hits every time, remember cap is 95%^4) will increase your average damage. The usual example is choosing between two 6-sided dice. One die has the sides 1,1,2,4,6. The other has all 3s. Which would you roll?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Araelus View Post
    H The usual example is choosing between two 6-sided dice. One die has the sides 1,1,2,4,6. The other has all 3s. Which would you roll?
    the 2nd one because the first dice has an average of like 2.3!

lol makes sense thanks for the info

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    San Solara
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Araelus View Post
    Higher base DMG value will increase your theoretical maximum damage, yes. More acc/att (especially landing all four hits every time, remember cap is 95%^4) will increase your average damage. The usual example is choosing between two 6-sided dice. One die has the sides 1,1,2,4,6. The other has all 3s. Which would you roll?
    The second one, because the first example only has 5 sides. It's a trap!

COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by lolwut View Post
    The second one, because the first example only has 5 sides. It's a trap!
    Oh, wow, that made it either a much better or much worse example. (worse) The idea was still transmitted, though.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

You have an +A weapon that receives .75 acc = 1 dex. You have homam, fire bomblet, abyssal earring, hauberk+1, etc. You'll be able to get another +14.4 acc from merits on scythe and full diabolic eye gives you +20 acc 3/5 mins. How can you possibly justify using Homam Head? 2% haste is going to be far more damage than then +4 acc. I bet except on the odd HNM you're getting diminished returns on acc. There's a reason why people tend to strive for max haste builds it's just the best way to produce a lot of damage especially when you're supported with haste and marchs. Your gear is top notch, get a 6 hit build, go /Sam, finish on merits, and work on getting more haste (w.turban, dusk hands+1, and speed belt.)

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by rewrite View Post
    bastards.

"would use speed belt (or equiv) if you had it, right? Same deal." <-- eye opener. lol

Guess I just worry alot. I get pissed off when I miss a swing on multi hits so I kinda went balls deep in ACC lol. but good call from you two il switch to wala until I either askar/aces. And i thought with delay 501 you need askar body to get 6 hit. If you cant tell by now im a complete idiot lol. I never really got to in depth with alot of aspects in the game like how to maximize dmg etc. until recently so i never payed much attention as to how alot of number games work with gear.
    Parse your acc, don't rely on eyeballs ever. I had a SAM (recently, not terribly geared) thinking he was the shit.. 83% melee acc.

My gear is weaker in a couple ways than yours, and my last parse on Colibri was 96%. DRK has it *really* good nowadays; Diabolic Eye, Absorb-Acc (if necessary), Souleater (THF/NIN mamools) and the Dex update... we really don't have acc problems anymore, except on really evasive mobs.

about that

I wanted to parse before I came in here and posted. but I cannot find a parse or get a parser to work for me. I tried kparser and for some reason it wont run. im on vista 64 and newer to pc so prolly why i cant get it to run lol. but i followed the instruction on the download and even try to run as administrator it still wont load up for some reason.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Exp with a friend maybe? I don't know if there is a vista 64 compatible parser. Your best bet would be to ask in the www.windower.net forums.

S N K
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by orson View Post
    You have an +A weapon that receives .75 acc = 1 dex. You have homam, fire bomblet, abyssal earring, hauberk+1, etc. You'll be able to get another +14.4 acc from merits on scythe and full diabolic eye gives you +20 acc 3/5 mins. How can you possibly justify using Homam Head? 2% haste is going to be far more damage than then +4 acc. I bet except on the odd HNM you're getting diminished returns on acc. There's a reason why people tend to strive for max haste builds it's just the best way to produce a lot of damage especially when you're supported with haste and marchs. Your gear is top notch, get a 6 hit build, go /Sam, finish on merits, and work on getting more haste (w.turban, dusk hands+1, and speed belt.)
    Agreed 100% with the Bolded Part. Use a Turban and just forget the accuracy if you have that much solid gear already.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast