Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Yvonne

Getting the most out of Campaign: SCH Tips?

Hi guys, I was hoping if any SCHs can share their experiences in campaign and getting the most out of each battle.

It was easy for me on BLU and PLD, but SCH's my first real mage job, so I have no idea where to begin for capping EXP in campaign.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

nuke and cure ;O

Yvonne

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post
    nuke and cure ;O
    Was hoping for:

"Cast [X] for [Y] amount of time, cash out, repeat" sorta thing.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

those thing still work?

i tried on SMN's casting the other day.doesnt seem to net that crazy amount like before

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

If you have really low enfeebling skill (aka, will never stick) poison 44 times will give you 660xp/330AN - just need to eat the penalty of lightarts, or not use darkarts so you'll see resists - resists+lands grat XP, "no effect" does not.

Eldieme when beast controlled is the best since forts are immune to poison, but resists off them still grant xp - you can either melee while casting to get the 40 autoattack rounds (thunder/jupiter's for the 10 crits) and go for slightly longer runs, or just stand at 20' and cast poison. If friendly NPC's show up, Accession Prot/Shell the horde on the fort works very well.

If the fort room has orcs, you can still do the poisons from range - if you get in the SE corner of the lowered room, you can cast on the forts and the orcs won't aggro, just need to be careful moving from the corner to the stairs.

If Eld is sandy, this "works" at any fort location, but you'll likely need some form of refresh (sigil, verm/ixion) along with sublimation to keep up without resting since most of the downtime is spent running back to the CA.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Holding hate also grants you a lot of exp. In the case of a campaign with no NPC. What you could do is just hold them. Manifestation Gravity, Bind and Sleep II.

In the case of an area where NPCs are available you could just Accession Cure them all and then hold hate that way. ^^

Also, Desert Boots + Sandstorm is really nice. ^^

Well I can't say whether this makes the most of campaign, but this is what I did. I basically did it for the fun mostly. Although I spent a lot of time in campaign from level 40 when I could accession/manifestation.

Until I got stoneskin on /rdm I was going sch/whm.

If there are lots of npc's around, Accession -> Prot and Shell on a large group. That should cover buff points for a while.

Stick your own buffs up, blink, stoneskin, aquaveil, bar-whatever, RR, etc.

I would go in and melee (I also used to sch/bst so my staff skill was generally leveled.) and spirit taker when/if you can.
    Cure whoever is tanking, and spam cures on those around you too.
    If an npc is near and people are low health -> Divine Seal -> Accession -> Rapture -> Cure IV for up to ~1200 hp per npc and person (make sure RR is up).

Also spam enfeebles on the mob.

If there are lots of occupied mobs nearby dark arts and dump mp with nukes and then manifestation aspir. If I got hate for a few seconds and got hit some, then manifestation drain.

If I saw lots of mobs rushing up after me or the person who was tanking then manifestation sleep-ga and graviga and kite for a while if needed. I take them through npc's if there are 10+ on my ass.

I've tanked lesser mobs (yagudo only so far) a few times too. Celerity stoneskin, cures, aquaveil, phalanx, spirit taker, enfeeble spam. I don't think it's possible to run out of mp, since I was also curing a thf once next to me tanking another yag.

I spam dispel on Shadowfang when he gets absorb happy.
    I try to keep Shadowhand gravitied so people can beat on her.

If I'm partied up with mates, just do the usual stoneskin-ga, phalanx-ga, cures, and enfeeble spam. Occasional dispel spam for hate and to make fun of them.

When attacking forts, just spam enfeebles and buff whoever I can. Otherwise pick a mob off to solo. You can always sleep nuke if things go bad.

Edit: I normally don't cash in tags often, especially with DS- manifestation-cure since most of that curing won't count if tags go in early.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post
    nuke and cure ;O
    And melee! Might as well sub SAM or something and Spirit Taker shit up. And with the extra MP, nuke nuke cure cure die get up repeat!

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

About 2-3 patches ago, Campaign was a Scholar's staple. Accession + buff/cure spam on NPCs racked up a lot of experience. At some point, SE told all mage jobs to go screw themselves, thus support took a backseat.

Hell, anyone with an MP pool that cannot melee is at a disadvantage.

You missed the whole "Cast X Y times and cash out" train, sorry.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vigilia Dulaurier
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeh, they nerfed the shit out of the XP you get from curing, nowadays on SCH all you need to do is one well-timed Accession cure III/IV on the NPCs and you've capped the XP you can get from healing pretty much... same for a protect/shell to cap your buffs although those pesky healer NPCs tend to screw that up when you're a lower level by Prot/Shell IV'ing everyone.

Get a dagger at lower levels if you have dagger skill leveled at all, Energy Steal/Drain are a lower skill (150/175 skill) than Spirit Taker (215 skill) and work on practically all mobs in Campaign until you can use Spirit Taker from staves. This is assuming you're not 75SCH already and are just leveling the job now. Everything else has been said already.

I don't know your level, but at 75 I wear the melee gear I can, sub RDM, and solo a mob for as long as I can. You'll (probably) cap buffs, cures and enfeebles whilst taking (and hopefully dealing) a lot of damage. If you get into trouble you can just sleep/bind/grav and run for it.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

yea sad what SE did to mages in campaign

could always pullout a dagger and /dnc it up!