Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Nekio

New Notorious Monsters to Take Campaign by Storm! (03/09/2009)

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics.../4196/4196.jpg

In the upcoming April version update, fearsome Notorious Monsters will take to the field in areas of past Vana'diel currently under the control of the Allied Forces.

With each passing version update, the Campaign Battles and Campaign Ops systems continue to grow in size and scope. Next month will see the introduction of fearsome new Notorious Monsters to past Vana'diel to further intensify that savage conflict known as the Crystal War.

In order to engage in battle with one of these new NMs, the Allied Forces must currently hold sway over the area in which the creature appears. In addition, you must also be in possession of the required key item which is obtainable from specific NPCs in each nation. With these two prerequisites fulfilled, simply examine the designated target point located in each area. This will trigger the NM's appearance.

Key Items

- The trigger key item can be acquired in exchange for Allied Notes. While neither your rank nor allegiance will influence your eligibility for obtainment, no more than one can be acquired per Earth day.
    - All players wishing to engage in the battle must be in possession of the key item.
    - It is required that the key item is one that has been issued from the nation currently in control of the area. For example, a key item issued from San d'Oria is needed to participate in an NM battle in a Ronfaure (S) under Kingdom control.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...196/4196_4.jpg

Battle Conditions

- The allotted battle time is 30 minutes.
    - No experience penalties will be imposed for being rendered unconscious.
    - While each NM is intended to provide a suitable challenge for a six-member party, it will be possible for an 18-member alliance to participate, similarly to the ENM quest.
    - NMs will take to the field in the company of a squad of underlings.
    - Defeating these NMs will yield not only experience points, but also additional rewards the nature of which will vary depending on the strategy that was employed during battle.

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...196/4196_8.jpg

We fervently hope that your efforts to aid the Allied Forces in regaining dominance over the land are met with every success, for yet another exhilarating challenge awaits you on the horizon!

Armor better be worth it and I don't like the "comparable to ENM with 18" shit, most can be soloed or duod.

That was quick.

Nekio

Quote Originally Posted by POL
    Defeating these NMs will yield not only experience points, but also additional rewards the nature of which will vary depending on the strategy that was employed during battle.
    I thought that nugget was interesting.

Thorshammer

what about the medals

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

finally I have something to spend notes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekio View Post
    I thought that nugget was interesting.
    Sounds like you might get more rewards with less people. I hope.

But yay, more ENMs to solo.

Quote Originally Posted by [Cookies] View Post

I read that as something else. It sounds eerily similar to the system used in ToAU 44 to fight Raubhan. Nuke a lot and you get 1 set, melee a lot and you get another treasure pool, or perhaps if the fight is balanced (skill chain - magic burst even?) you get the full treasure pool?

Edit: I wonder if that's what the 3 treasure chests are for?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by [Cookies] View Post

Can be this, or the more foes you take down besides the main NM, the more drops you can get, or "better" they are.

But yay at popped NMs

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Starr View Post
    Armor better be worth it and I don't like the "comparable to ENM with 18" shit, most can be soloed or duod.
    It specifically said that it'd be "suitably difficult" for a 6-person party, though, and that it'll be possible to take in 18 people. No other comparison to ENM. I think you're reading too much into it.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Well, considering the last implementation of NMs in the WotG era... I'm not too excited.
    I'll hold my judgment until I see some lootpools though.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

this seems to me like the ISNM of WotG.

Trade AN for a trigger item, then you pop the NM.
    The wording implies battlefield (30min, party or ally), though elsewhere in the teaser, the wording and pictures imply open area (Sprites in Sauromugue, Gigas in somewhere open as well.) / (mentions of Ronfaure (S) and popping the NM there)

if its battlefield, then its gonna be identical to ISNM, except it will come with a hint of Ashu Talif, where meeting certain conditions pops more chests at the end. this doesnt seem likely tho.

if its open field, it means the NMs will depop at 30min marks, not allowing for soloing etc, and there will be conditions to the fight that will spawn more chests.. like maybe killing all the minions before the boss, or killing the boss without magic, or something like that..

maybe the wording seems clearer to someone else..

in any case.. lets welcome ANNM ? lol Allied Note NMs..

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Gogo WNMs!! They better have some nice gears. I need something new already D:

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This sounds nearly exactly like some WOW conditions for raid fights in WoTLK. Which isn't a bad thing. My roommate talks about similar fights all the time, and it seems pretty cool.

I hope it means the less people you use the better the rewards are or the higher chance they will drop, would be the first time there was direct reward for skill rather than repetetiveness.

COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV
    COPPER-SHELLED QUADAV

BG Level

Considering how popular Dark Ixion and Sandworm drops are, this has a lot of potential, and could be more challenging. Even if it's comparable to the SCNMs, still, excellent new.

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    if its open field, it means the NMs will depop at 30min marks, not allowing for soloing etc
    It's more likely that the NMs will be up for longer than 30 mins if it is open. That doesn't mean they won't be soloable however, it depends how strong they are.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Defeating these NMs will yield not only experience points, but also additional rewards the nature of which will vary depending on the strategy that was employed during battle.

Oh reeeeeeeeeeeeally?

MaachaQ

Interesting that they're posting this many notes this early before the update itself... really makes you wonder what else they're saving to tell us later...

They don't mention a limit on how many times per day or week you can do this, wonder if it's like ENM (every 5 days for all who enter) or more like ISNM (every day, 1 run per person). Will make a big difference in how popular these will be.

Wonder if they're gonna put the Allied Notes body pieces in these.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast