BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Earth Shot and Slow

I was looking over some values for spells that inflict Slow and then started reading up on Quick Draw and noticed that Earth Shot increases the potency of Slow by 10% (duh). Right underneath the description it says there's only a certain window of opportunity that the shot has to be used in order to enhance the matching element's effect: for example, using Slow then Paralyze, you can only enhance the effect of paralyze. A couple of questions:

1) Wiki says the cap for Slow1 is around 25%. I'm assuming that Earth Shot can push it past its cap of 25% to 35%?

2) If 1 is true, Carnage Elegy is 50% slow and it stacks with other Slows. Going back to the rule about window of opportunity, since it's the same element would it be possible to use Elegy->Earth Shot for 60% slow, then Slow+Earth Shot for 95% slow total, assuming 100% is the absolute cap?

I know there was a chart around here that had Slow %s on it but I can't seem to find it. Any answers would be appreciated, thanks.

When COR was first released, earth shot made elegy obscenely potent. Since then I'm pretty sure it was nerfed and does not effect elegy at all.. as far as the slow question, no idea.

TSwiftie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

In my tests slow1 was found to cap at ~300/1024(~29.3%).

The best quickdraw tests I've seen were done by Releena:
    releenaseraph: Slow Testing Continued

As noted above, Earth Shot used to enhance Elegy but this was patched shortly after.

Elegy + Slow do indeed stack, but it follows the equation (1+X), and therefor you see linear gains with respect to the ratio of Base Attack Rounds:Slow'd Attack Rounds. (To simplify. 50% Haste is needed to attack twice as fast. 100% Slow is needed to attack twice as slow. ~66% Haste is needed to attack three times as fast, 200% Slow is needed to attack three times as slow.)

I'd love to see more earth shot testing. (Esp since there could have been ninja changes in the last 2.5 years!) I don't have ballista points, so I'm unable to run any tests myself.

If anyone would like to run tests, I suggest the following:

1)Sacrifical DRK/WHM.
    2)RDM /w varying MND gear
    3)COR

Similar to Releena's testing, just apply Slow I&II /w and w/o Earthshot at varying MND. (Caps are known, so attempt to test below and above cap'd MND!) Then have the DRK cast Dreadspikes and record the recast. Then kill the DRK and repeat /w a change in MND.
    (Note: Dreadspikes recast caps at 255 seconds, ~41.5% slow. You'll need to use reraise if the slow potency is too high.)

Post results and I'm sure there's a bunch of people who would jump all over it and help with the interpretation of data!

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

marc!