BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Solo / Duo ENMs     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Solo / Duo ENMs

As a MNK, which ENMs and possibly KSNMs can I solo or duo with a RDM, SCH or WHM?

I know MNK can solo Pulling the Plug with some prep and a little luck... I was thinking of trying to duo the Antlion ENM, but I'm a little wary of getting bullshitted into timing out killing adds, or finding out the adds don't stay slept.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Duoing Antlions within the time limit is fucking hard, unless you have ApRadar I guess. I don't use it. If you don't, I would suggest taking at least 3 people, but I usually go with 4 because I have a lot of friends and I don't like to time out.

I suppose ODS could be duo'd pretty easily with someone who has sleepga. Not sure about solo'd but it's probably been done on some occassion somewhere.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

ODS has been solo'd by RDM/BLU and MNK/DNC (pre /dnc nerf) I believe.

You could also do Fire in the Sky and Uninvited Guests. It's not technically an ENM, but both are at Monarch Linn anyway.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I don't use anything aside from windower, so I guess I'd be better off taking three for Antlions... sleeping adds is a bad idea though, I'd assume. Maybe let the RDM hold one add, but kill any others?

Can MNK solo Fire in the Sky? It thought that was more of a RDM Chainspell thing?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Sleeping adds isn't such a bad thing in that ENM as long as the person holding them can sleep them without dying. They do resist on occassion, they might build resist, but we've not had that much of a problem sleeping when we popped more than 1 at a time.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

if you dont have luck or dont like to time out, do shell we dance ENM

shell we dance 99% success rate, compare to antlion's randomness/timeout w/o APRadar, and the fact that blau drops fairly more often than hagun, you will gain more profit in the long run. and it also only require 2-3 people

edit: nvm your mnk, forgot to read first thread my bad

Banned.

BG Level

between sleep, sleep1, bind, and gravity, it's very easy to hold all three hunters if you need to. you may not always be able to run over and cure in an emergency, or put enfeebles back up right away, but as long as the dd doesn't let himself get owned, it isn't too hard to cast whatever you need when you run past, or while everything is slept/bound. other than that, just fight it like any other mob. dia2, slow/para, and haste the dd. use nukes whenever you can to help speed things up. nukes are especially important if you don't have apradar, since you'll need to make up for the time spent running around trying to find it.