Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
    Sea Torques
    BG Level

Question about Level 70 JSE Earrings

I was just wondering if anyone has done testing on these earrings to see if the latent on them is similar to Ugg Pendent where is something is about to hit you to push you in to red HP it will activate. Or do you need to be in red HP before the hit for the latent to be active?

Hope that makes sense...

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I'm guessing an easy way to test would be with 1000 needles. I would go test, but unfortunately I don't have a mage job to try it with.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by stewie View Post
    I'm guessing an easy way to test would be with 1000 needles. I would go test, but unfortunately I don't have a mage job to try it with.
    yeah thats exactly what i was thinking but i just dont have any time well maybe ill buy the bard one and give it a try with 1000 needles.

If anyone has any idea please let me know

I did that with sorcerer's earring and 1000 needles and died. It's based on if you are already in latent, not whether the hit would bring you into latent.

my guess is the deduction of MP for spells is taken before it calculates the damage, thus resulting in the uggly pendant effect procing on the spell that triggers it. meanwhile HP reduction must invariably occur after the latent is checked since the HP isn't taken until the damage is calculated.

further proof of why this won't be found on any hp latent items (some latent triggers DO work differently from others, eg sorc ring vs medicine ring/minstrel's ring) is what if the damage reduction is 30%, you have 1000 HP, and you're about to take a hit for 800 damage. well, 800 damage would put you below 25% HP, so the latent should trigger if it can proc like ugly. but -30% damage on that would cause it to only deal 560 damage, not nearly enough damage to trigger the latent. so you'd take 800 damage. but that's enough to trigger the latent! you see how that kinda creates a paradox, not to mention the difficulty in processing the damage twice. once for determining if the latent should proc and once to figure out your actual damage.