BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Toshi Prower
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Getting a strike erased

Has anyone successfully talked to a Senior GM and gotten a strike erased. I got a 24hr suspension and a strike for a Tiamat flail when I was on Thf/Sam because i was near the tail when it flailed. Had no hate on tia and never used collaborator or anything, basically I didnt do anything to cause the flail and got a strike for no reason. The GM ported me to jail when dead and didnt show up for an hour. I ended up HPing and getting resent to jail, So I lost xp too. GM Didnt listen to reason about anything. The same group flailed themselves a second time too. sigh

As long as you're civil about talking with the GM you've got nothing to lose in talking to them.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I got thrown in jail for spooking Dark Ixion while I was on a chocobo and someone else said they spooked it. SGM rejected my appeal over that >.>

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

learn to speak JP and that is prolly the key to get out of jail

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

you have to volunteer to do 10 hours of community service in Jeuno

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by GeneJackit View Post
    you have to volunteer to do 10 hours of community service in Jeuno
    Community Service - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki
    10 days in a row. Go!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Stop sniffing Tiamat's butt, and this wouldn't have happened.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

I was told you can, was curious and called a gm. He said not possible. Is there another way to get to the 'appeal' poster above mentioned?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Toshi Prower
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

So to follow up this thread, I did call a SGM, and actually talked to an AGM.

Theres a little more but not really relevant to the thread. Based on what this GM implied that it is possible to get it erased but good luck convincing them. "Wanting Tiamat to use Spike Flail" is as bad as "Getting Tiamat to use Spike Flail" to them i guess

Alyric

Wow that is fail.

Welcome to the first strike club. Second strike and we're perma'd!

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I'd fight that with the AGM, but be as cordial as possible. List that you understand his situation and what he has to do to keep order in the game. However, I would ask him if he has ever been so mad at his boss, he wished he would not exist? And in doing so, if his boss were to die the next day would he consider his actions murder?

Stay away from the vague "That's not fair." Because I can tell you right now, it doesn't matter to them. It's their game and it's fair if they say it's fair. Just try and convey the situation in real life terms and show how illogical it would be to assume that want = action.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

When GMs check logs in relation to things like this, do they only check the logs of the player(s) directly involved in the incident? Because if that's the case then what's to stop someone from, say, turning on their filters so that from their log it looks like they did nothing to induce a Flail, for example? If that's the case, then it's totally understandable that a GM would issue you a suspension based on the fact that you admitted to 1. standing on Tiamat's tail and 2. expressing a desire for it to Flail.

It is regrettable that you received a strike for something you didn't actually do, but the moral of the story is to stay out of the way of other people when they're fighting something.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

Quote Originally Posted by drwaffles View Post
    When GMs check logs in relation to things like this, do they only check the logs of the player(s) directly involved in the incident? Because if that's the case then what's to stop someone from, say, turning on their filters so that from their log it looks like they did nothing to induce a Flail, for example? If that's the case, then it's totally understandable that a GM would issue you a suspension based on the fact that you admitted to 1. standing on Tiamat's tail and 2. expressing a desire for it to Flail.

It is regrettable that you received a strike for something you didn't actually do, but the moral of the story is to stay out of the way of other people when they're fighting something.
    I'm gonna go off on a limb and assume a player using filters in no way affects the server logs...

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

This isn't the first time that your LS has been GMed for purposefully trying to steal hate and make the fight more difficult by making tiamat turn. Unfortunately, if you talked about flailing it and then stood in a place what someone might be able to flail it from, you can't really argue too much. You (or your shell) were trying to flail it and were talking about it, therefore you (or your shell) got jailed. It sucks you weren't the one actually breaking ToS, but if you don't want to have it happen again, keep your shell away from whatever is being fought and don't encourage the players you are with to act like jackasses.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Toshi Prower
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Valor View Post
    This isn't the first time that your LS has been GMed for purposefully trying to steal hate and make the fight more difficult by making tiamat turn. Unfortunately, if you talked about flailing it and then stood in a place what someone might be able to flail it from, you can't really argue too much. You (or your shell) were trying to flail it and were talking about it, therefore you (or your shell) got jailed. It sucks you weren't the one actually breaking ToS, but if you don't want to have it happen again, keep your shell away from whatever is being fought and don't encourage the players you are with to act like jackasses.
    Not gonna start an Ifrit flame-war but suffice to say if the LS with claim knew how to kill it this wouldnt be a problem. Letting it go yellow midfight and not having Blockaid on is their own fault. And I personally dont encourage it but a little excitement every now and then at Tiamat is kinda fun. Just sucks i got a strike for doing nothing. Cause I coulda went and MPKd and got the same damn strike.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Toshiko View Post
    Not gonna start an Ifrit flame-war but suffice to say if the LS with claim knew how to kill it this wouldnt be a problem. Letting it go yellow midfight and not having Blockaid on is their own fault. And I personally dont encourage it but a little excitement every now and then at Tiamat is kinda fun. Just sucks i got a strike for doing nothing. Cause I coulda went and MPKd and got the same damn strike.
    Apparently you don't get in trouble for mpking at tiamat. Ask some of your shell members who nuked down charmed people at tiamat. Apparently that is allowed

The rules are definitely inconsistent and I most definitely wasn't trying to start a flame war. Just stating that if your shell gets GMed a bunch for the same antics, they might tend to be more strict than normal. I'm not sure if they keep track of stuff like that, but they might.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

FYI, you don't need to have any hate on Tiamat to make it flail. If you or another mob are standing in the right position you can cause Tiamat to rotate briefly. If she happens to rotate and a TP move triggers, the tanks with hate who are now technically behind Tiamat trigger Spike Flail. Knowingly or unknowingly you were standing in a position to cause a flail. I'm with the GM on this one.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
    FYI, you don't need to have any hate on Tiamat to make it flail. If you or another mob are standing in the right position you can cause Tiamat to rotate briefly. If she happens to rotate and a TP move triggers, the tanks with hate who are now technically behind Tiamat trigger Spike Flail. Knowingly or unknowingly you were standing in a position to cause a flail. I'm with the GM on this one.
    Wrong and wrong. Yes, if he brought another mob in and sat it inside tiamat, it could be with the intent of making it turn, but where a PC stands has no effect on the mechanics of the NPC. Case and point, darters can make faffy turn but you could have your whole alliance standing inside faffy and he wouldnt budge. But even if he had a mob (as stupid as it would be) the tail is about 10 distance from tiamats "center point" that would cause him to rotate.

*edit Yes, its BS that "hoping" for a wipe can get you jailed just as easily as "trying to make" a wipe. Shit if that was the case, I would get strikes every time lakshmi's resident "3 hour ixion/tiamat" killers get a claim.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    I was told you can, was curious and called a gm. He said not possible. Is there another way to get to the 'appeal' poster above mentioned?
    stop bothering the GMs!

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

Quote Originally Posted by Valor View Post
    Ask some of your shell members who nuked down charmed people at tiamat. Apparently that is allowed
    Not on whatever server this happened on, but we called a GM re: killing charmed RMTs (though granted, this was a good while ago) and were told that killing charmed players was not an offense. So we kept killing those RMTs and laughed when they GM'd us and got nada help.