+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Misc. Movie/TV News     submit to reddit submit to twitter

and i will still laugh the entire time mostly in anticipation of the pics at the end

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

http://geektyrant.com/storage/2011-p...nkinsthor2.png

Back in September it was officially announced that Monster director Patty Jenkins would be directing Marvel's Thor 2. Today it's being reported that the director is now walking away from the project and won't be bringing the hammer wielding God back to the big screen. Apparently she left the project over creative differences, but Deadline was quick to point out that, "she’ll probably end up working on one of these superhero films, but perhaps not on a sequel." Who knows what film that will be, but if they want to still work with her, we know it wasn't a bitter break-up.

I was never really on board with Jenkins directing this film anyway, she just didn't seem to have the experience to tell the epic fantasy tale of Thor. Hopefully Marvel will be able to pull someone on board who is more suited for the job. The studio is moving on finding a replacement fast, and they are already talking to talent agencies looking at who is available and who is the right choice. Marvel has set a November 15th 2013 release date for the movie, so they've got to find someone quick. It would be great if they were able to get Kenneth Branagh back on board! I doubt it will happen though.

Thor co-writer Don Payne is currently writing the script, and it will be awesome to see where the next adventure of Thor takes us!
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/12/6...y-jenkins.html
    http://www.deadline.com/2011/12/dire...thor-2-sequel/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Todd McFarlane has been talking about making a new Spawn film for YEARS. It's something I would love to see happen, but at the rate it's going it looks like it will never end up happening. That doesn't stop McFarlane from continuing to talk about it though. Spawn could really use a hell of a good film adaptation, because that 1997 film sucked ass.

During a recent interview, McFarlane gave a little update on his Spawn movie revealing that there's a big name Academy Award winning actor that approached him about it who wants to be a part of it.

We had an Academy Award winning actor come up to the office the other day who's interested being involved with it. He gave me his pitch on what he wanted to do with it and I sort of walked him through what I wanted to do. They could see that the guy who created it knows the audience better than they do. They know how it goes. They left even more interested then when they came. So they're just waiting going "Todd, give me the script and let's rock and roll." He was saying the exact same thing as everyone else. "Get that damn script in my hand and let's go."
    We have no idea who this actor could be, but the search is easily narrowed down to anyone that has won an Academy Award in the last 10 to 15 years. It sounds like this could very well be the start of actually getting the ball rolling on this awesomeness. But as of right now it all comes down to the script. They want to see the script... so where is the script?

Yeah, sadly I keep getting distracted with stuff. I'm going to have to set time aside to nail this thing down because I have too many people waiting for the script.
    So, what that statement basically tells me is that McFarlane is obviously not motivated enough to finish it. I guess he's in no rush to make the movie. I guess he doesn't really have to, it's not like he needs the money. As a fan of the Spawn series I would love to see a new movie get made. I guess we just have to hope that he motivates himself to finish this whole think up so we can see this movie get made already!The fans are waiting!

For those of you who want to know how is is going to approach this new Spawn film, here's some details he gave in a previous interview.

I’ve always seen Spawn as being cut from a different cloth. It’s more of an urban, psychological story that’s being told. The answer I’ve given the last few years is that Spawn should be a small-budget movie in which the only thing that’s out of the ordinary is this thing that intellectually we know as Spawn and there would only be a handful of people that see it. I call it “it” because it never talks, it’s just a force of nature. Really, the story revolves around the people who are trying to decide: “Is the ghost alive? Is the shadow actually moving?” When I give that pitch, some of the executives scratch their heads. To a lot of people, a movie where the [title] character doesn’t talk doesn’t make any sense. There have been a few movies like that. Alien, you know, that guy didn’t say much. Or Jaws, the shark didn’t have too many speaking lines. Jaws is the closest example, the movie wasn’t about the shark, it’s about the people chasing the shark.

The idea I pitch is that the movie shouldn’t be about superheroes and laser beams — it’s about the id of people and the group of people caught up in the story and seeing things out of the corner of their eye. And when I give the pitch, I also say that I will write and direct it. There’s the nonnegotiable pieces of it. Then I have four suitors who say, “Yeah, cool, when do we start?” It means we’re not looking for a $20-million actor and we’re not looking for a big-budget extravaganza with lots of special effects.

The story that I pitch is very tight, very contained, but done right. I want a movie that gets people’s hearts racing. I want to scare them. Spawn, done right, is a creepy character. Instead of a superhero who just stands there. That’s why Batman was always the coolest of all the good guys. I never had one moment of affinity for [Superman]. He was a Boy Scout right from the moment he hit the ground. He was always polite and said the right thing. I never felt like he was in danger because he could spin planets on his finger. Batman is a guy who could die if you threw him out of a window. More than that, even though he had women throwing themselves at him and millions of dollars, all he wanted to do was to wait until 3 a.m. and the pitch of black and say, “time to put the costume on and scare the bad guys.” I relate way more to that guy. Spawn is Batman untethered, without the corporation behind it. Batman without limits, Batman who kills the Joker.

Spawn is a spectre, a sentinel, he’s that thing that nobody can get their hands on. As a kid growing up, the movies I was enamored with were the creepy movies where there’s only one creepy thing. Going back to the black-and-white films, way back, “Dracula” and “Frankenstein,” there was only one fantastical element. The title character. Dr. Frankenstein and Igor were just a madman and simpleton. They were still humans. When you start adding others to it, it loses me. The son of the Wolf Man or the bride of Frankenstein, even, it loses it. I likeThe Exorcist. I like Rosemary’s Baby. A little bit of the fantastic and then everything else was real. You went for the ride and felt like, “If there was a ghost in the house, this is what it would be like.”
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/12/7...ing-actor.html
    http://www.geekchicdaily.com/region/...pawn-toys-back

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Lionsgate is developing a new version of of the Bret Easton-Ellis novel American Psycho. Not sure why they are feeling the need to re-make the movie. The 2000 film that starred Christian Bale was a great film, and remaking it doesn't make sense, unless they are going to take it in a different direction, which doesn't make sense either.

The studio has hired Noble Jones to adapt a new version of the film. According to Variety, the project has not been officially greenlit, but they are obviously wanting to do it. This looks like Jones' first writing gig, she previously worked on The Social Network as a second unit director.

The story follows a wealthy New York investment banking executive who hides his alternate psychopathic ego from his co-workers and friends as he escalates deeper into his illogical, gratuitous fantasies. The guy is an extremely crazy nut job.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/12/8...an-psycho.html
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...ews%7CFilmNews

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Spawn is the most overrated comic ever. It should stay in the 90s.
    American Psycho remake = do not want

wtf@American Psycho remake

it cannot be remade

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Now that Patty Jenkins is no longer directing Thor 2, and Marvel studios is scrambling to find a new writer and director to take on the project so that they can thrust it into production. The studio is currently considering two people to take on the project... Alan Taylor and Daniel Minahan.

Alan Taylor is a TV director who has directed episodes of Game of Thrones, Boardwalk Empire, The Sopranos, Mad Men, and even directed the pilot of NBC's The Playboy Club.

As for Daniel Minahan he has also directed some episodes of some great TV shows such as Game of Thrones, True Blood, Deadwood and Grey’s Anatomy.

I think either one of these choices could work for this new Thor sequel. They've both worked on big scale Tv series such as Game of Thrones, and I would be fine with either one of them taking on Thor. It was also revealed that Marvel is also looking at hiring a screenwriter to take a crack at the script. According THR MArvel was in the process of hiring a new writer when Jenkins dropped out.

The first draft of the script was written by Don Payne, and there's a great short list of new writers for the film that include John Collee (Happy Feet and Master and Commander: Far Side of the World), Robert Rodat (Falling Skies and wrote Saving Private Ryan), and Roger Avary who co-wrote Pulp Fiction with Quentin Tarantino. These are all incredibly talented writers, and I would be happy to see any one of them come on board to work on the script.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/12/1...nd-writer.html
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...Heat+Vision%29

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

http://geektyrant.com/storage/2011-p...uncle-12-8.jpg

Guy Ritchie has found his next directing project after Sherlock Holmes. Deadline reprots that Ritchie and his new producing partner Lionel Wigram are set to helm Warner Bros’ The Man From U.N.C.L.E.

This will be first project for Ritchie and Wigram’s new production shingle. U.N.C.L.E. has had some trouble getting started. Steven Soderbergh just dropped out of the project over budget and casting issues. George Clooney was initially set to star in the lead, but back surgery forced him to drop out of the film based on the classic TV show. Scott Z. Burns penned the script for the film that is planned as a directing vehicle for Ritchie.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/12/8...rom-uncle.html
    http://www.deadline.com/2011/12/guy-...rom-u-n-c-l-e/

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I hate guy ritchie ( nothing good since lock stock ), but god damn UNCLE film will be BOSS.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sherlock Holmes 2 is already getting panned. Cannot get excited about this.

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Truedat Might have to go watch the original again.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

The new mission impossible is sitting at 100% with 14 reviews. Im getting more and more excited...

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

http://geektyrant.com/storage/2011-p...rsemasters.png

Sony Pictures and the production company Escape Artists have announced that they will continue to work together on making movies. The two have worked on films such as Seven Pounds and The Pursuit of Happyness in the past. In the process of this announcement they revealed a couple of films that they will be developing with each other. One of these films is the long awaited live-action adaptation of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe!

Master of the Universe is something I've wanted to see happen again for a long time. It definitely time this franchise got a nice good epic film. He-Man and the Masters of the Universe started out as a toy line that spawned a popular animated series that ran from 1983 to 1985. They later created a couple animated TV remakes, and a memorable live action film in 1987, which stared Dolph Lundgren. I loved that movie as a kid.

I remember reading about a script written by Justin Mark that was said to be as epic as the Lord of the Ring's, and was also compared to films like The Matrix and Batman Begins. This mostly likely wont be the version we see get made, as it was way to epic for the budget that the studio was looking at. Mattel actually passed on it, probably because it was too dark. I imagine they are looking for something a bit more kid friendly. The Toy company just needs to sign off on the script.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/12/1...-on-track.html

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

http://geektyrant.com/storage/2011-p...causemovie.jpg

Square Enix’s Just Cause: Scorpion Rising video game is being adapted into a movie. THR reports that Bryan Edward Hill has been hired to write the script for the hit game, which is being produced by Adrian Askarieh and Eric Eisner. A first draft was penned by Michael Ross (Touristas).

Tomb Raider and Hitman were both designed by Square Enix. Scorpion Rising centers on “a black ops agent codenamed the Scorpion who enters a guerilla war to overthrow a dictator.” The video game sequel was released earlier this year and sold more than 3.5 million copies, and a third game is currently in development. The film is planned to focus on the origin of the Scorpion, aka Rico Rodriguez.

Hill co-wrote Broken Trinity: Pandora’s Box, a Witchblade mini-series for Top Cow. He also co-created the Image comic 7 Days From Hell, which is being made into a movie. I think that Hill will be a great person to write the script.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/12/1...ts-writer.html

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Crank 3, yes, please.

I have been hearing some mixed thoughts on Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, but one thing that I do know is Mark Neveldine is crazy. Not looney, but he is willing to push the envelope and risk his safety to get the perfect shot. He is one half of the directing duo Neveline/Taylor and the team that brought us 2006's Crank.

Empire Magazine recently sat down with Neveldine to talk Ghost Rider. During the conversation they talked about Idris Elba and the idea of Elba joining Crank 3. Of course, this is all talk and nothing is official at this point.

Here is an excerpt from the interview:

So anyway, here's a brief snippet of the interview, which will appear in full later in the month:
    What was it like working with Idris Elba?

He’s got great control of his body. You don’t expect that from someone who is such a great actor, who has that sort of gravitas that Idris has, but he was hopping on his motorcycle no problem… just the way he moves with a gun, when he walks, it feels like an action scene. Same thing with Jason [Statham], those guys turn their head and it’s an action scene. There are so few actors have that ability and it was a real trip to work with Idris, he was an amazing actor, a great dude, and it was a blast just hanging out and having drinks with him, hitting the town with him.

So should we expect Idris to appear in Crank 3?

I would LOVE that! Actually, we joking-but-not-quite-jokingly joked about that with Idris while we were over in Romania and Turkey. Just trying to figure out a way of getting him into Crank 3.
    There are so many different ways that Crank 3 could go. We’ve been talking about the top 50 ideas we what to do for Crank 3, so we’re just trying to pair them down.
    By the way, Crank 3 is going to happen, the studios are really excited about it – it’s just all about timing.

How do you plan on getting around the ending of Crank 2?

[Laughs] That alone, we have 20 ways to tackle it. You know, withCrank, basically, you insert another quarter and you play the game again. It’s kind of like what thrills me and Brian, it’s whatever we feel like doing there in the moment, whatever we wanna do, we just do and make it happen. The important thing is what powers Chev. It was adrenaline that kept him alive in the first one, it was electricity in the second one, you know, it’s all about what will keep him alive in the third one. It’s just fun slinging those ideas around.

Would The Rock be someone you’d be interested in working with in Crank 3?

Yeah man, anytime! If we could play something around him, fit him into our world, that would be amazing. We love that guy. I think he’d really get down with how we do things, too.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/12/1...dris-elba.html
    http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=32677

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This may have been posted in the anime subforum, idk didnt look

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://www.avclub.com/articles/that-...-slayer,67001/
    The big-screen reimagining of Buffy The Vampire Slayer—which would imagine a world where Joss Whedon had no involvement, and somehow everyone who might want to see a new Buffy movie would be okay with that—might not be such a sure thing anymore, reports the L.A. Times, who notes that producers have apparently had second thoughts about that earlier script submitted by novice screenwriter Whit Anderson. According to one unnamed source close to the project, Anderson’s take had “some great ideas and she had reinvented some of the lore and it was pretty cool, but in the end there just wasn’t enough on the page.” (Though to be fair, it was better than what Warner Bros. initially had on the page, which was “NAME RECOGNITION + REMAKE + SEXY GIRLS - WHEDON - WHINERS x 3-D? = FUCK YOU.”) Anyway, there’s some speculation that the studio may continue looking for a new writer to take a run at it, but even more speculation that the idea “may have lost some steam” after the Internet self-immolated over the news, and the studio remembered that, oh yeah, Buffy The Vampire Slayer fans are kind of protective of that show.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Marvel Studios has officially set Game of Thrones director Alan Taylor as the director of Thor 2 replacing the previously hired director Patty Jenkins. Taylor has also worked on TV series such as Boardwalk Empire, The Sopranos, Mad Men and Nurse Jackie.

Taylor is a solid director that has worked on some pretty big TV series, and I think he is a solid choice to direct the epic sequel to Thor. The fact that he's worked on Game of Thrones is a huge selling point, and if Marvel hired him he must have had some pretty good ideas on how to tackle the story for Thor 2.

As we previously reported, the first draft of the script was written by Don Payne, and there's a great short list of new writers that Marvel is looking to hire for the film that includes John Collee (Happy Feet and Master and Commander: Far Side of the World), Robert Rodat (Falling Skies and wrote Saving Private Ryan), and Roger Avary who co-wrote Pulp Fiction with Quentin Tarantino. These are all incredibly talented writers, and I would be happy to see any one of them come on board to work on the script.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/12/2...an-taylor.html
    http://www.deadline.com/2011/12/thor...r-alan-taylor/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The question may be, do you want to see a new Gremlins movie? Moviehole is reporting that Warner Bros. has renewed the domain Gremlins3.com, which they have owned since 2009. This does not mean that a new film is definitely coming our way, but the studio renewed domains for Green Lantern (GreenLantern2.com) and The Hangover (TheHangover3.com), both of which are being made.

It is also rumored that the studio has reserved domains for the following: Blade Runner 2, Lost Boys 4, Police Academy 8, Lethal Weapon 5 and The Goonies 2. Just about everything that the studio has bought domain-wise has been announced or is in development.

Director Joe Dante is not on good terms with WB, so he has stated that he does not expect to be asked back to direct a third film. Dante had this to say about the idea of more Gremlins films:

I’m constantly asked ‘why the hold up on Gremlins 3? And that’s because those films were such products of the technology at the time. The movie was more limited and created by technology. They were puppets. The storylines, then, were based around what we could do with the Gremlins. Now, of course, anything is possible but it becomes a little more difficult to hone it on what your storyline would be. First of all, I won’t be asked. Second of all, I wouldn’t bring back the original cast because it’s been too long – the kids now would be familiar with the title, and familiar with Gizmo and Stripe, but as far as the actual [live-action] characters and story, they don’t know them.. it.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/12/2...e-horizon.html
    http://www.moviehole.net/201150925-e...-do-gremlins-3

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne