BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Some COR questions

So, trying to figure out gear set-ups pre-70, and then thinking of what I'll need for melee set-up when the time allows it.

Currently:

Archer's Knife
    Shark Gun
    Bullet(tp)/Iron Bullet(WS)
    Corsair's Tricorne
    Spectacles
    Vision Earring
    Beater's Earring
    Corsair's Frac
    Akinji Bazubands
    Scorpion Ring+1x2
    Amemet Mantle+1
    Gun Belt
    Akinji Salvars
    Corsair's Bottes

What's next to upgrade? I have Behemoth rings waiting for 70, so I know I'm good there, and I have the items to make the bottes +1. What should I be looking for as melee TP for TP burns? I have a Joytoy waiting for me, and @72 a Martial Gun.

well, if you are made of money...

peacock charm
    swift belt
    steel bullets (66;for WS)
    sniper rings (if you are gonna melee for tp)
    scorpion harness (if you are gonna melee for tp)

Pahluwan Khazagand @ 72 (and goodbye SH unless you got a +1)
    dusk gloves @72
    dusk trousers @72 (maybe)
    dusk ledelsens @72 (broke yet?)
    peacemaker @72 (for when you are the puller; you wont believe the difference)

i wouldnt worry too much about your melee set pre-72. you arent there for DD anyway.

myself, i run with three full sets of gear. its a pain but it works out ok for me so far. i also usually sub nin and not rng as i usually end up pulling and cor is a bit squishy.

my melee gear at 75 is as such:
    Spoiler: show
    input /equip L.ring "Ulthalam's Ring"
    input /equip L.ear "Suppanomimi" //(changed to drone earring when /rng)
    input /equip head "Walahra Turban"
    input /equip body "Pln. Khazagand"
    input /equip hands "Dusk Gloves"
    input /equip legs "Comm. Culottes"
    input /equip feet "Denali Gamashes"
    input /equip neck "Peacock Charm"
    input /equip back "Amemet Mantle +1"
    input /equip waist "Swift Belt"
    input /equip R.ring "Rajas Ring"
    input /equip R.ring "Sniper's Ring"
    input /equip R.ear "Brutal Earring"

i use joyeuse mainhand and when sub nin a Trailer's Kukri offhand.

my shooting gear is:
    input /equip L.ring "Behemoth Ring"
    input /equip L.ear "Drone Earring" // (changed to Beater's Earring when /rng)
    input /equip head "Cor. Tricorne +1"
    input /equip hands "Crimson Fng. Gnt."
    input /equip legs "Akinji Salvars"
    input /equip feet "Corsair's Bottes"
    input /equip neck "Peacock Charm"
    input /equip back "Amemet Mantle +1"
    input /equip waist "Buccaneer's Belt"
    input /equip R.ring "Behemoth Ring"
    input /equip R.ear "Drone Earring"

and either this for dmg:
    input /equip body "Commodore Frac"

or this for racc: (although honestly i could just use the tricorne+1 here, its only 1 less racc)
    input /equip head "Optical Hat"
    input /equip body "Pln. Khazagand"

quick draw:
    input /equip R.ring "Emerald Ring"
    input /equip R.ear "Drone Earring" // Moldavite Earring for dmg shots, drone for light/dark shot
    input /equip body "Denali Jacket"
    input /equip hands "Mage's Cuffs"
    input /equip legs "Denali Kecks"
    input /equip neck "Agile Gorget"
    input /equip feet "Denali Gamashes" // Crimson Greaves for dmg shots, unless i'm getting resisted a lot
    input /equip back "Commander's Cape"
    input /equip waist "Scouter's Rope"
    input /equip L.ring "Emerald Ring"
    input /equip L.ear "Drone Earring"

and for weapon i usually hold onto my auster's staff, with a light grip offhand (dont have the inventory space for any others)

stuff i am still trying to aquire:
    hope torque (quick draw)
    faith torque (marksmanship)
    skadi's bazubands (win, win, and more win)
    skadi's chausses (maybe once the gobbiebag expansion is in)
    skadi's jambeaux (i have hermes so dont really need these for cor, but getting them anyway for bst)

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Your gear is pretty good. And like Rasa said. Don't worry too much about melee til about 72ish. Only thing I do different than Rasa is I pretty much go all out on accuracy since with March I swing pretty fast. Then again I usually go WAR so that's probably clouding my judgement.

And this is just a suggestion, but if you're the puller I'd use a type of hexagun for the lower delay until you can get a Peacemaker. It has lower damage but the lower delay can be helpful for keeping a chain up.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Well, when I go to merit I plan on going with my LS only on COR, so it'll always be with a BRD. I won't be planning on pulling.

Already have Palw body, as I've got an assault static and no worries for that. Hands I've got, but what about feet? What'd be better? Denali or Enkidu's?

Speaking of, Enkidu's feet vs Pal body? An as for Snipers I've got Woodsman rings from my other melee that are on hand, so that's fine there. I need to re-do DM for the Suppa. As for legs, is there a better option than Dusk? As for Swift, I still need to put together another run to try and get mine. 1/3, but a guy offered me 1m and I kinda needed the gil badly <_<

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Overall enkidu feet are better than denali for tp because of the haste and attk which is something cor sorely lacks (much like dnc), but if you're having trouble hitting something obviously use denali. I plan to have both and swap as needed, but cor already has quite a lot of +acc gear. I don't know about the legs (cor 61 atm) >.>;

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Denali is a decent piece for multi purpose. Obviously you could do better for ws, in that you could go dusk if worried about racc or there are some pieces like enkidu or af2 that give stat bonus. I believe denali still king for QD and I'm not sure there is a better thing for TP outside of cobra subligar which I use, but is up to you if you want to allow others to see you looking like that.

edit: you could also do worse for ws than kecks

Rule one of COR: fuck /nin unless your somehow forced to pull in a party.

Rule two of COR: NEVER dualwield joytoy with anything, you kill the double attack rate and tp gain from this

Rule three of COR: /rng or /war or bust in meripo/exp

any violators of these rules shall be executed via my automatons blizzard IV... and you don't want to eat my automatons blizzard IV.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Joy+Trailer CORs are hopeless. Those who know how to play have been telling them to stop it for years, yet it's as rampant as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by rlas549
    I believe denali still king for QD and I'm not sure there is a better thing for TP outside of cobra subligar which I use, but is up to you if you want to allow others to see you looking like that.
    Skadi's Chausses? Anyway, yes Denali is strong for QD.. Either it or Nimue's Tights is as good as you'll do.

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Enkidu's Mittens are also a rather solid piece if you can't get hold of W.Hands from sky. Can double up as a TP piece if you dont want to get Dusk Gloves for whatever reason.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post

Rule two of COR: NEVER dualwield joytoy with anything, you kill the double attack rate and tp gain from this

any violators of these rules shall be executed via my automatons blizzard IV... and you don't want to eat my automatons blizzard IV.
    Methinks someone violating Rule #1 would not be affected by your automaton's single target spell.

That said, I approve of your rules.

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

If you were /Nin for some silly reason, would off/mainhanding something else like Chiro/Trailers/Etc really decrease the TP gain that much? It's not like KClub, where DWing it would give you the same 2-8 attacks with increased delay, you would actually get more hits per round.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I was forced to go /NIN to a party last night and it wasn't too hateful except trying to pull with a 50 second timer. >_> I'm not going to make a habit of it and I definitely didn't dual wield anything with my Joy. xD

[2012: Year of the Whore]
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post

Having been Cor75 since 22 days after it was released, I too rule these as the three rules of the COR Club! This should be stickied on every forum that ever relates to anything with Cor. Fo'serious..

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Just turn down any party without a bard. It'll be shit exp rate anyway. Merit subs are /RNG, /WAR, and /DNC if the party kinda sucks and needs extra cures but you really really want to merit.

Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    If you were /Nin for some silly reason, would off/mainhanding something else like Chiro/Trailers/Etc really decrease the TP gain that much?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    If you were /Nin for some silly reason, would off/mainhanding something else like Chiro/Trailers/Etc really decrease the TP gain that much? It's not like KClub, where DWing it would give you the same 2-8 attacks with increased delay, you would actually get more hits per round.
    Yes it would, and no you won't.

Buy a calculator, some pens and paper, or a hammer and a god damn rock, and do the sixth grade algebra to arrive at the correct conclusion.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

not perfect :/

My TP set:

- FFXIAH.com

WS set (I have to rebuy the pantsand I'm finishing the neck...)

- FFXIAH.com

Quick Draw:

- FFXIAH.com

In my opinion, Attack is overrated for your TP set. If you can get accuracy or haste in that slot, do it, because you're going dealing the majority of your damage with joyeuse swings. You're dealing it with WS's. So the goal of your TP set is to get you to 100% as fast as possible, right? Don't miss, and swing faster FTW.

If you're near the accuracy cap and can't get haste in that slot, then by all means attack + for DoT. That being said, I realize my TP set needs Barb pants and dusk boots (and a PCC) but we can't have everything right away :/

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Well, when I go to merit I plan on going with my LS only on COR, so it'll always be with a BRD. I won't be planning on pulling.
    Smart man. I always put in my seacom I refuse to pull, and if I have to wind up pulling. I CTRL+ALT+Delete and force XI to crash.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Carrilei View Post
    Joy+Trailer CORs are hopeless. Those who know how to play have been telling them to stop it for years, yet it's as rampant as ever.

Skadi's Chausses? Anyway, yes Denali is strong for QD.. Either it or Nimue's Tights is as good as you'll do.
    Yeah, completely forgot about those. Barb. Zereh also another alternative.

i sub nin to einherjar every time. not doing this will mean i'll be using a lot of reraise hairpins.

and to those that consider themselves "Those who know how to play", which IS preferred, /rng or /war? and dont give me the 'shit is situational' crap, give me examples of which and when. and dont feel limited to exp/meriting.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

From what I've observed by my LSmates it seems /RNG is where your ACC will be shit an /WAR where you're gonna be fine with it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast