Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

"A Crystalline Prophecy" Site Updated and Advance Order Date Announced! (03/16/2009)

"A Crystalline Prophecy" Site Updated and Advance Order Date Announced! (03/16/2009)
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics.../4212/4212.jpg
    The first installment of three new add-on scenarios, entitled "A Crystalline Prophecy – Ode of Life Bestowing" will be available for advance purchase through PlayOnline starting from March 23, 2009.
    (*Players purchasing the scenario will receive access to the in-game content upon the release of the next FINAL FANTASY XI version update, scheduled for early April.)

In honor of this occasion, the official site for "A Crystalline Prophecy" has been updated with the latest news. Head on over to read all the exciting details!
    You also won't want to miss the new promotional trailer, scheduled for release in the coming days, so keep watching this space!

Click here to access the official site.

WAHT THE FUCK SO SOON!!

New Odin
    BG Level

6 past quests + this = hell yeah :Q__

THAT MACHINE IS NOT A SIR, YOU HAVE TO CALL IT "MR. MACHINE"
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

that galka on the front page looks like a pro wrestler and that taru looks death metal as shit

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If you haven't already, check out the site, the flash is very slick.

Also, customizable armor.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Tempyst View Post
    that galka on the front page looks like a pro wrestler and that taru looks death metal as shit
    No clue why that made me laugh so hard.

The note on the armour page is interesting too. You can choose up to 2 additional effects from 20 to add to the armours' current stats. I wonder where this will lead.

THAT MACHINE IS NOT A SIR, YOU HAVE TO CALL IT "MR. MACHINE"
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Fashionable and formidable pieces of equipment in their own right, these three new armors also boast a never-before-seen customizable element. Upon procuring one of these treasures, players will be presented with a list of twenty additional effect,s from which two may be chosen to supplement the armor's base attributes. With the ability to tailor each piece to your character's strengths, you can create for yourself the armor of your dreams!
    Sounds pretty sweet, they look pretty cool to boot

I like this

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...UK/Crystal.jpg

not buying til I know what equipment I can get from it though, I don't care for stories.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

i like the fact that you can customize the new armor with 2 stats out of a list of 20 you get to choose from..

thats very nifty

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Sorry to be such a pessimist but this is what I predict will happen with customizable armor:

1. Someone finds a really overpowered combination of 2 additional effects (perhaps only overpowered in combination with certain other gear/jobs/situations, but overpowered nonetheless).
    2. Tons of people mimic this setup (see Rune Chopper)
    3. SE gimps the hell out of the overpowered added effects
    4. Thousands of players are left with useless armor. Hope it's not a one-chance reward!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

It was only a matter of time before they gave us "meritable" equipment. Very cool idea. It seems we have one body piece for each general armor classification: cloth, light, and heavy. Most likely the final reward from this expansionette.

Also, I totally called a tandem release with the version update. Can't wait!

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gergall View Post
    Sorry to be such a pessimist but this is what I predict will happen with customizable armor:

1. Someone finds a really overpowered combination of 2 additional effects (perhaps only overpowered in combination with certain other gear/jobs/situations, but overpowered nonetheless).
    2. Tons of people mimic this setup (see Rune Chopper)
    3. SE gimps the hell out of the overpowered added effects
    4. Thousands of players are left with useless armor. Hope it's not a one-chance reward!
    SE seems pretty good with knowing how to hold back on gear. If its a multistep process from the item developers to the QC testers and whoever is overseeing what gets put out, the checks are mostly in place.

With customizeable equipment, I can see SE making some of the stuff in the list specific to certain jobs.. like say for example 1 item in the list might be Magic Attack Bonus + 5, or another might be Avatar Perpetuation Cost -3. Now, if i were a BLM and a SMN and i wanted to use this equipment on both my characters, i'd likely take these 2 stats, though I might also be passing on something else that could be filling the slot, like say Haste+4%. It'd make sense that people from the same jobs using the same equipment builds will gravitate towards the same choice of stats, but its up to them to choose what ends up on the equipment in the end.

I'm also fairly certain SE knows that we players are fickle bastards, so since they've already implemented ways to re-obtain CoP ring / ToA ring / etc, they'd probably make it possible for us to swap stats in an out, but with time restrictions..

what interests me is that if they've changed equipment coding to allow changing stats, we will likely see more equipment in future that will allow us to 'enhance' them with something that only we (with our jobs) are interested in.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Dear God, please let these be worth 10 bucks.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I see RoTZ is required, that's good to see- did any other expansion require it? I grow tired of having content strapped to the original game and ignoring RoTZ and any other expansion (no Tavnazia in the past seems to be a big one).

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

SO worth the 4 months wait and hello nation npcs i really missed them

New Odin
    BG Level

What will the 20 additional effects be!? STR DEX VIT AGI MND INT CHR...hp&mp!?..attack, accuracy, m accuracy, m attack, crit hit, evasion, haste(!), enmity+, enmity-, aaand subtle blow & conserve mp.

ALSO goddamn that mini-cape on Nuevo coselete looks hawt.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    What will the 20 additional effects be!? STR DEX VIT AGI MND INT CHR...hp&mp!?..attack, accuracy, m accuracy, m attack, crit hit, evasion, haste(!), enmity+, enmity-, aaand subtle blow & conserve mp.
    maybe another piece with magic crit+ on it.

Really Regen and Refresh better be on the list along with shit like stats+10, Accuracy/Attack etc +12 at least, STP/Subtle Blow/shit+5, Haste+2% :D

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    so since they've already implemented ways to re-obtain CoP ring / ToA ring / etc
    Can you re-obtain ToA ring?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast