Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: This one bastok pull...     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Alyric

This one bastok pull...

So a long ass time ago I lead pretty successful dynamis ls (we got AF and wins, so yeah.) I'm remaking the ls (2 years later) and our first run is going to be bastok (yay!) but there's this one pull that always seems to fuck me up.

After you pull the stables you come to 9 - 10 - 11 - 12, I can never seem to time this right so that I don't link the whole fucking thing, would appreciate if someone could tell me an easy way to do this.

We wouldn't wipe even if I did link it all, but for the sake of sanity and new members I'd like to keep pulls on the small side. To begin with anyway.

Thanks.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

What map are you referencing when you say 9-10-11-12?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I assume you're referring to:

http://www.dynamisbums.com/images/20...stok_pull1.jpg

There should be several different ways to do this pull without linking everything in the area, but as with all potential links in Dynamis, it requires correct timing, leading the spawns, and using Silence to make sure a spell-casting add isn't in an area long enough to link another moving statue.

If you pull 285 first, you will likely link the stationary statue 291, whose spawns will link 301 when it moves in closer on its path. It may be possible to avoid the linking by pulling from a position northeast right before the statue reaches its lowest point south, so that the spawns cut the corner around sharply and not towards 291.

If you pull 291 first, you need to time it so that 280 and 285 are heading back up the stairs. You'll need to immediately Silence the Vanguard Minstrel (BRD) it spawns so it's not standing around when they come back down. You'll also need to time it so that the Vanguard Hamamoto (SAM) that spawns on the south side doesn't link 301 as it approaches.

If you pull 301 first, you will need to lead the pull around as close to the wall by the Chocobo Stables as possible AND you should Silence the Vanguard Thaumaturge (BLM) as soon as it spawns so it doesn't link anything while it stands and casts spells. This isn't as easy to start with if you haven't cleared the statues by the Chocobo Stables, but if you have, I'm pretty certain you can pull this statue by using a ranged attack while standing behind the wall (from about the spot where the Chocobo Hot and Cold NPC in Bastok Mines usually is). You'll still need to have the Thaumaturge Silenced, but it will be easier to steer the spawns away from the AH as they appear than if you were further north or closer to the pull west.

I'm honestly not sure which pull order we make more often; I task a number of different people to pull in this zone and half of them link 2-4 statues every time. If I'm pulling it myself, I usually go for 291 or 301 depending on what job I'm on. It's really not that bad of a link even if you get the entire set (4 statues, 1 WAR, 3 SAMs, 3 BRDs, 1 BLM, 1 NIN, 1 DRG) and is a good warm-up for the rest of the links you get early on.

If you want to single pull these, its pretty simple

-285 first when its on steps
    -move on the wall just left of where 347 was, and pull 301, and stand there, dont run untill the mobs get to you, then ove them back to the allaince this way they dont path into 291.

I usualy just pull 291 and 301 together, these mobs ar so weak this early in the run that you sleep a few and kill them fast.

Biggest trick to pull small pulls is to have a puller that knows not to pull > run like hell. Lots of pulls can be made small and not to link if the pullers pulls and then waits for mobs to path in a stright line to them before they move off. Also helps to have a BLM that will tag/nuke the stone and do the same, letting it path to them , instead of leaving it on the puller to get pathed through other things as it lags behind the pull.