+ Reply to Thread
    Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

"MacGyver" being reassembled as feature film

"MacGyver" being reassembled as feature film (Reuters)
    : Reuters Mon Mar 16, 2009, 12:45 am EDT

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - It will take more than twine, bubble gum and a pencil to do it, but the science-oriented adventure series "MacGyver" is being developed as a feature film for New Line.

"MacGyver" ran from 1985 to 1992 on ABC. Richard Dean Anderson , later of " Stargate: Atlantis " and "SG-1" fame, starred as an incredibly resourceful secret agent for the Phoenix Foundation who frequently would escape from dangerous situations with ingenious and lightning-quick engineering trickery.

Two telefilms starring Anderson aired in the years after the show's cancellation. The character eventually achieved enough cultural recognition to become a reference for anyone attempting to jury-rig a solution out of household items . " Saturday Night Live " took the concept to the next level with its "MacGruber" spoofs starring Will Forte .

Raffaella De Laurentiis, daughter of veteran producer Dino De Laurentiis , is producing the movie through her Raffaella Prods. along with Martha De Laurentiis and series creator Lee Zlotoff. Dino De Laurentiis is executive producing.

No writer has been hired. The studio hopes to find a script that acknowledges the concept's pop-culture profile yet still makes for a serious and fun adventure movie .

"We think we're a stick of chewing gum , a paper clip and an A-list writer away from a global franchise," said New Line's Richard Brener.

I would probably rent this.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

MURDOCKKKKKK

Old Merits
    BG Level

I loved MacGyver. The episode of Mythbusters where they went after him made me cry.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

If they do this right, it would be epic.

If they fuck it up, people will die.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Olo401 View Post
    If they do this right, it would be epic.

If they fuck it up, people will die.
    Could not agree more. They've got a REAL tight line with this one.

No Dana Elcar, Michael Des Barres and RDA are both much much older. And I fear they would take of the son of MacGyver angle that they did in the last episode. And the previous attempt at casting Jared Padalecki as Mac's nephew "Clay" in the scratched WB's sequel has me worried that they might return to that.

Though, I would hope they would use Bruce McGill (Dalton), Terri Hatcher (Penny Parker), Elyssa Davalos (Nikki Carpenter), and the Coltons again. Again, so much they could possibly screw up and very small window to knock this out of the park with.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Only problem with this is we know how hes going to get his ass outta trouble.

Remember when MacGuyver made that human face out of pencil erasers stubs? Ah memories.